CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

That's definitely Halo 2 PC, look at the radar, enemies and friendlies fade in and out whereas on console they are constantly lit up as long as they are moving/shooting.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Yes and it's a good thing too. The amount of medals you get is ridiculous.

I'm taking advantage of that for the 10k medals achievement

Looks fine. Hopefully 343 realizes at some point that their medals are fugly before H5. 

I'm pretty sure we have bigger things than medals to worry about for Halo 5...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's definitely Halo 2 PC, look at the radar, enemies and friendlies fade in and out whereas on console they are constantly lit up as long as they are moving/shooting.

We already knew like 5 months ago that it'd be PC punched with a lot of console code. What we did not know, and that's the only important thing, is whether it'd look and feel more like console or PC. From shooting, movement etc. it looks like good old Xbox Halo 2 to me.

The carbine seemed super fast, right?

That is how it is in H2PC. It is due to 60FPS. The 30 limited its firing rate literally. 

Still skeptical as I probably wont have my questions answered until I play it myself. Those being:

1. Button Glitch timing the same as OG?

2. Lunge distances? (I've heard they are much shorter in H2V)

3. Is wall glitching as effective as OG?

Still skeptical as I probably wont have my questions answered until I play it myself. Those being:

1. Button Glitch timing the same as OG?

2. Lunge distances? (I've heard they are much shorter in H2V)

3. Is wall glitching as effective as OG?

1. Seems to be almost the same for everything except RRX.

2. Seemed the same to me.

3. Yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That is how it is in H2PC. It is due to 60FPS. The 30 limited its firing rate literally. 

Hopefully they bring the fire rate back down in the final build. The carbine and BR had very similar kill times in the Xbox version, but the carbine is untouchable in the PC version.

Hopefully they bring the fire rate back down in the final build. The carbine and BR had very similar kill times in the Xbox version, but the carbine is untouchable in the PC version.

Which sucks, because H2 doesn't have forge or any option to remove just carbines from the maps.  Carbines essentially become power weapons now.

EDIT: The only solution is to change starting weapon to carbine now.

Is that the vista FOV?

It is.

It is fast indeed, I do find it balanced only at the fact that the BR has double shot and can still out shoot, but only if you get all 4 shots off promptly. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I really wanted to be optimistic about H2A, but it just doesn't look as good as H2 Classic. I really hope the vast majority of the community plays H2 Classic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Man seeing Halo 2 again just brings this kid out of me. I am so happy it's returning to Xbox Live!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Isn't it better to have two distinct weapons so one can act as the on-map "power rifle"?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man seeing Halo 2 again just brings this kid out of me. I am so happy it's returning to Xbox Live!

Same. I finally have a chance to get better at Halo 2...

H2 60fps is smooth as butter, I'm happy

Not gonna lie, I was scared they were only gonna show h2a multiplayer

• Upvote (+1) 2

God these medals are really PISSING ME OFF. WHAT THE FUCK

You can turn it off rather easily.