CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Is pacmayne the only halo player named Jeff...?

I wanna team with you someday just to see you rage at me. When can we make that happen? November good for you?

I wanna team with you someday just to see you rage at me. When can we make that happen? November good for you?

Wrong Jeff.

I'm trying to think of things that sound less appealing. Give me a sec

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll be honest. I've always favored hit scan over projectiles only because of connectivity. Take halo 3 for example, I hear a lot of people on here saying that the projectile system is what made H3 hard and at this point now almost unplayable depending on host. So if the rumors are true, I welcome it.

For the love of God, play Battlefield or Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare.  Or anything other than Halo or CoD.  Projectile is fine, and it is better than hitscan.  Halo 3 is the problem, not projectile.

For the love of God, play Battlefield or Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare.  Or anything other than Halo or CoD.  Projectile is fine, and it is better than hitscan.  Halo 3 is the problem, not projectile.

This actually isn't true in Halos case before MCC/H5. Halo 3 wasn't the problem, not having dedicated servers was the problem. I could do a whole write-up on projectile vs hitscan and the differences between them and the conclusion would always be the same. Some weapons are better hitscan, others are better projectile based.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jeff aka 'DooDooShit' is the only person responsible for Halo 1 Final, not pacmayne.  Either way, he definitely deserves donations, I know the guy personally and he puts in ALOT of his own time to give to a community that literally gives him nothing in return.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, how many people of the total player base actually used button glitches or super jumps?

Nearly everyone that played online?

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the love of God, play Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare.  Projectile is fine, and it is better than hitscan.  Halo 3 is the problem, not projectile.

PvZ Garden Warfare >

• Upvote (+1) 2

Jeff aka 'DooDooShit' is the only person responsible for Halo 1 Final, not pacmayne.  Either way, he definitely deserves donations, I know the guy personally and he puts in ALOT of his own time to give to a community that literally gives him nothing in return.

Yea mixed em up, I'm dumb. Friend of mine who is buddies with pacmayne linked me to it when the site went up and said Jeff made it. When he says Jeff he's not usually referring to doodoo. Poor assumption on my part. Regardless, donation will def be made.

This actually isn't true in Halos case before MCC/H5. Halo 3 wasn't the problem, not having dedicated servers was the problem. I could do a whole write-up on projectile vs hitscan and the differences between them and the conclusion would always be the same. Some weapons are better hitscan, others are better projectile based.

Fair enough.  We'll be playing on dedicated servers though, so projectile weapons will be fun instead of frustrating.  I think, since this will be many players' first time using a projectile weapon on a dedicated server, they'll appreciate them a lot more.

So H1 is really Halo PC and H2 is Vista? 

I'm okay with this. They were both awesome. What am I missing?

People are just joking with the Halo 2 Vista. It's actually Halo 2 Windows 8.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People are just joking with the Halo 2 Vista. It's actually Halo 2 Windows 8.

Halo Windows 2000 or better:

Halo 2 DOS text game edition

You're on BR tower. Slight winter breeze. Badkid approaching from library. What do you do?

_BXR badkid

I don't know what a "BXR" is.

_Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's definitely deeper than just the random noob-pandering geometry changes in the maps like the removal of the hh trench lip. The entire netcode is completly different from the client-side authoritative model the game has on xbox. The pistol and sniper sometimes seem to behave like they're hitscan, sometimes they look like they need to be led.

Visually the game doesn't know what the hell is going on. People spin from pistol shots with shields still lit up and visually completely intact, people being rocketed and sniped with headshots will never show the shield popping animation. Its like the game only sends the absolutely VITAL info to keep the game going, which makes sense since gearbox wrote it to support 56k. I know its just visuals but seriously stuff almost NEVER displays correctly and everything is kind of dumb. Explosions don't even show up half the time. Sometimes it looks like you need to lead with snipe, sometimes shots that would NEVER work on xbox get kills just fine. More than anything it just is inconsistent to me.

The timers were made to be like OS every 60.7 seconds instead of every 60 or something idiotic like that. This was done specifically to prevent timing because the vast majority of game developers truthfully believe games are not fun without some kind of programmed randomness and the fact that people time powerups is antithetical to this idea. So they made the powerups a pain in the ass to time without custom software.

If you are a Halo CE xbox player, you can tell after watching seconds of any Halo PC video that everything is completely weird and stupid. There is a pistol kill at extreme distance at like 3:20 or so where he doesnt lead at all. Not long after that there is a priz spree where he barely misses any shots. That may be just mouselook though.

watch this

on top of all of this, there is something bizarre about the Halo PC community. There is almost universal agreement among h1 xbox players on the best way to play the game. But the PC guys are still playing BG ctf with snipes. It's like they value aiming over literally everything else by far. I have been accused of being a "nade whore" and booted from servers in halo PC the few times I have bothered with it. I just don't understand them. They freak out if you use rockets or anything but pistol and snipe. They just never really got into the 2v2 aspect of the game, possibly because the timers were always broken or maybe just a different PC gamer mindset. I dont get it. Also, they clip the lamest kills ever. Bodyshot snipes and 7 shot pistol kills. Its weird.

edit: yes I know they fixed a lot of the visuals for MCC. That's not what this thread is asking though.

The people playing on PC on public servers are either stat padders, noncompetitive, or are the kind of people who want to play 4v4s.

Edit: I don't get why I'm being negged for telling the truth. That's just how the PC community is.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

H2C should be fun today. In theory there should be more H2 kids than CE "kids", right? Shitstorm might be bigger today, especially if we see the PC snipe crosshair. 5 more hours!

Dunno about the gameplay, but CE looks pretty nice visually. I hope that newer gamers aren't repelled from it due to outdated graphics.

You guys need to give up LOL!

duty_calls.JPG

Please don't take photos of me when I'm in my private home

There should be no rioting today, even if h2c is mainly based off h2v, that would be 100% okay, it would be playable and we would all enjoy it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not even a huge Halo 1 guy, but if the Halo 1 in the MCC doesn't perform like the original Xbox version, I have much less interest in playing it. 

I was really dissapointed, my first MLG event was the first event MLG stopped having Doritos as a sponsor.

This is a shame.

You never got to witness first hand the suddoths at the end of the event, bringing industrial sized duffel bags around to all the Stride, Doritos, Dr Pepper and hot pocket stations and just filling them up - and then vanishing into the mist.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1