CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The real cause behind your squirts isn't Taco Bell, it's all those years-old Halo 3 Game Fuel and stale Doritos you consumed.

The medals are going to used universally throughout each game with options for classic medals for each game.

So you can either play with new medals or in CE's case no medals, its all up to preference. 

The new ones are the H4 ones, right?

If so, pity we couldn't use the H3 ones universally.

The real cause behind your squirts isn't Taco Bell, it's all those years-old Halo 3 Game Fuel and stale Doritos you consumed.

Anything is good as long as you microwave it long enough. #bachelorlife

I was really dissapointed, my first MLG event was the first event MLG stopped having Doritos as a sponsor.

The other night I stopped at Taco Bell and picked up 4 tacos. I got home to find Dominos. I ate my 4 tacos and proceeded to have 4 slices of pizza. Didn't have to shit that night.

#GOATbowels

Man I definitely cant do that lol.  You beat me for sure lol

I never let Doritos get stale. And I don't eat while gaming either. I'm not an animal.

Doritos. Mountain Dew. Halo 2 Classic. Bowel Movements.

Sums up my first week of playing The MCC.

:Halo:

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe - I've never used a controller for either PC game.

As PC games though, with mouse and keyboard, CE is much smoother. I recently played H2 on Xbox for the first time, and it was amazing the difference between that and H2V, just for aiming.

Accidental neg, sorry.

All I know is that we were told that halo CE on the MCC would be no different than how it was on the original Xbox. You have people on the dev team that are very familiar with the mechanics of halo CE on the original xbox, so if the game doesn't retain:

Spawn system unchanged

Weapon spawn times (confirmed but who knows)

Non hit scan

Reticles that are the same size as the original guns on the console

Then it's not "no different than how it was on the Xbox" and that statement made to the community was flat out false. How this can't be the case when you have former halo pros on the dev team that are very familiar with the original game is the big question.

At this point who knows? Until the game comes out and I actually run some 2v2's, I will refrain from commenting on what 343 level of competence interns of knowing how to port a game with the only change being 1080p at 60fps. Even if it isn't perfect, I'll still play the hell out if it because it's still going to be the best thing since halo CE console.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Alright guys, I need a little bit of help here if you don't mind. I was at home when the IGN H:CE video was released, and I got to see this forum transform into a street brawl first hand. Neg reps were being handed out like candy on Halloween, which was entertaining to say the least, but things looked to have calmed down a lot.

Anyhow, I had to go to work, so I just skimmed through 15+ pages of this thread trying to see what important rumors/information I missed. So from what I have been able to gather, these are the important developments since the release of the IGN video:

1.) The version of H:CE that will be in MCC is a hybrid of PC/OG Xbox code (something that we figured would be the case)

2.) Some official/unofficial "source" stated that the game will be using the OG Xbox timing system

3.) An official/unofficial source claims that the spawn system in MCC's H:CE might have been "tweaked" to prevent spawn trapping 

4.) Given what the slowed down version of the H:CE IGN video showed we don't know if the pistol is or is not hitscan 

5.) Some "grapevine source" claims that the IGN video was from an outdated version

Could someone who has been actively following this thread verify that my "cliff notes" are accurate?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Take into account that MCC is a throwback, and it isn't meant to be a 1:1 carbon copy of the originals.

It was kinda bogus then for 343 to say "just the way you remember it" when describing the games in the package.

It was kinda bogus then for 343 to say "just the way you remember it" when describing the games in the package.

Well, how many people of the total player base actually used button glitches or super jumps? It's not uncommon for studios to have to make compromises to meet deadlines or quotas. At some point the laws of dimishing returns kick in.

3.) An official/unofficial source claims that the spawn system in MCC's H:CE might have been "tweaked" to prevent spawn trapping

Could anyone elaborate on the legitimacy of this?

No, I mean't that IF Halo MCC has a LAN feature (from what I understand it might be possible, just the consoles would need to ping the XBL severs) that it keeps Halo 1's LAN netcode architecture. I realize that the XBL netcode is going to be drastically different. 

In that case that would be amazing. Unlikely, but it would be fantastic if they did that.

Well, how many people of the total player base actually used button glitches or super jumps? It's not uncommon for studios to have to make compromises to meet deadlines or quotas. At some point the laws of dimishing returns kick in.

But you can see how using the language "just the way you remember it" is misleading, especially when during q&a sessions at panels they've stressed that glitches and everything are "untouched."

I saw a few posts in this thread that mentioned that the spawn system MIGHT (I underline this word) have been changed.

Edit: Never mind, I just re-read your post and saw you were asking for others to chime in.

I would have to argue it does in fact change a few things about how you can play the game. Its one of those subtle nuances however that doesn't come into play until you reach a certain level of complexity. Primarily on when you may adjust your play style dependent upon your opponents style. Being overly aggressive doesn't work as well for instance when you can't dodge bullets as well because the aiming is easier. Im remarking on this as a result of the ease of shooting I have noticed playing Halo PC "no lead" servers the past few weeks. I can not take as many risks when I am uncertain of an opponents actual location as they are more likely to take me out when I am making a risky play. This fosters a more passive play style reminiscent of some other Halos. :) Im not saying this is how MCC will function but if it is an easier TSK it will for sure change it at the top level of play. Also, I got really good at strafing after 12 years. ;)

I have other complaints I could list but most have already made comment on them always and what is the point in continuing this negative path. 

I am thankful for some things they DID intentionally go back to reimplement such as Xbox timing! THANK YOU! 

Well said. I look forward to getting my ass handed to me by you and TSP if he does break down and buy MCC despite his disappointment with today's reveal.

edit: i'm dumb, wrong jeff.

The exact quote said thinks they did something of the sort but he "wasn't 100% sure"

Well said. I look forward to getting my ass handed to me by you and TSP if he does break down and buy MCC despite his disappointment with today's reveal. Also thank you for your work on H1F. I'll be shooting you a donation after I download it for sure. You're an asset to the community.

WHAT