CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The game could come with Taco Bell and would complain there isn't a drink.

giphy.gif

nah...

but let's all continue acting like every single person on this website wasn't reacting the same way with Reach pre-patch and when Halo 4 came out like the H1 community did today..

the fuckery that will ensue tomorrow if they manage to mess up halo 2....just don't forget today and how yall reacted to our reaction...#reaception

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes yes it is

K.  Pretty uncalled for coming from you. I complained about 343 post-Halo4 enough therefore the whole Halo 1 debate, I'll sit this one out.  Halo 1 on XBL, I'll take it.    

Anyway, can't wait to see the Classic gameplay tomorrow. 

I can't wait for someone to mess up a button glitch or something and the pitch forks come back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol its not like people are complaining for the wrong reasons. I mean damn we've had the shittiest versions of Halo since 2011, some people were really hoping for OG CE and to finally have a platform to play that exact game online with others through xbox live.

I agree though the hostility is not needed but you guys sitting here saying they are being babies about it just dont understand how much it means to some people.

• Upvote (+1) 2

nah...

but let's all continue acting like every single person on this website wasn't reacting the same way with Reach pre-patch and when Halo 4 came out like the H1 community did today..

the fuckery that will ensue tomorrow if they manage to mess up halo 2....just don't forget today and how yall reacted to our reaction...#reaception

Most people are pretty optimistic/somewhat excited, which is pretty standard before a release of Halo now. Let the people enjoy it, if they have gripes, discuss it in a civil manner and what would you like. The whole "bitching to bitch" is nothing new from you and a few other members and has worn very thin. That's why people negged and reported a fair amount of you guys today.

I'm not upset but I'm concerned. I was -okay- with the shooting mechanics just because I knew we were getting a PC/Xbox hybrid. However, now that they have potentially messed with the spawning I am reaaaaallly concerned with what we'll get. I understand adapting the shooting mechanics because of the whole netcode deal but fucking with spawns could very well be a deal-breaker for me.

EDIT: This was a response in the 'hardcore H1' thread... so now this has zero context!

Halo 2 Classic :)  :walshy:

@@Roti Halo all means a lot to everyone here - some people just take it to an extreme.  Had to ban a few people today who got out of control, which sucks to do but we all need to learn how to communicate nicely with eachother  :bman:  

I personally dont care about complaining if it is legit complaints and not pointless nerd rage / shit talk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most people are pretty optimistic/somewhat excited, which is pretty standard before a release of Halo now. Let the people enjoy it, if they have gripes, discuss it in a civil manner and what would you like. The whole "bitching to bitch" is nothing new from you and a few other members and has worn very thin. That's why people negged and reported a fair amount of you guys today.

I actually saw more people bitching about the people voicing their opinion, and I felt the CE guys were civil. Fyrecide or whatever his name is was a jerk to EVERYONE. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I actually saw more people bitching about the people voicing their opinion, and I felt the CE guys were civil. Fyrecide or whatever his name is was a jerk to EVERYONE.

Yea, thought a lot of the H1 players were great today for the most part, we only had a few bans today. We are pretty lenient when big news comes out with that too.

Almost everyone is optimistic or excited in some shape or form..including myself. However, i'm not gonna sit here and not voice my opinion on things I see that clearly don't add up regarding the games I enjoy playing. If they do something that affects halo 2 in a bad way, i'll say something about it tomorrow..instead of "oh well...never mind that this got changed for the worst...i'm just happy to play halo 2 again"...that's not the person I am and it's the person i'll ever be. Period.

I've written many posts on here with essays of constructive criticism since I've joined...so pardon me for getting upset when I see something in my fav. halo game that annoys me and forces me to reply with a couple words that may not be so constructive. It's basically a lose-lose situation, because ppl are upset when you say "343 fucked up" and they are upset when you say "the pistol seems different from the xbox version"...these dudes are viewing BOTH as complaining...what kind of shit is that?

Those same guys that negged and reported people today were at the front line with us when Halo 4 came out...they felt the same way many ppl did today..ANGER....but when it's about a game they don't really care about it's "why is so and so complaining so much" ..."omg, all they do is bitch..god damn elitists"...really now?

shit is corny...and like I said i'm looking forward to tomorrow to see ppl's reactions if things they don't go there way...I enjoy watching ppl contradict themsevles when it's only beneficial to them.

:Halo:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Giving that they already had a base game that had networking capabilities, it would make sense to use it instead of OG CE. Take into account that MCC is a throwback, and it isn't meant to be a 1:1 carbon copy of the originals. Things that were very particular to the old systems (button glitches and super jumps come to mind) might break (read: get fixed) in MCC, and that's fine as long as the core experience remains the same.

All things considered I think today went fairly well. You have to keep it in mind that a lot of H1 players have felt wronged since Halo 2 came out. I know I certainly have. No game i've played since CE has captured that magic for me and the thought of it coming out and being less than that is disheartening. There are plenty of valid reasons why it can't be so but that doesn't necessarily take the sting out either.

So, to be completely honest, things went better than I expected given the news.

Yea, thought a lot of the H1 players were great today for the most part, we only had a few bans today. We are pretty lenient when big news comes out with that too.

You think it would be easier for members not to act like they wanna kill each other....over a video game.  

snip

I get your upset, legitimate concerns and I want classic H1 too. Just don't act like an ass, easy stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

man...it's so difficult to capture and upload footage these days....so time consuming...

c'mon son...no one is asking them to jump through hoops of fire to please halo fans....these guys communicate with fans a lot through twitter...sometimes taking a good amount of time to do Q & A's...you're telling me they can't tweet out a 30 sec gameplay clip of a current build to passionate fans...fans who are probably spending a lot of money on this single collection?

but you're right...we don't want to take away from all that development time they have left. Me, personally...If I gave IGN old footage that is deemed "unplayable" for the public...I would prob tweet out "guys...this is not an accurate representation fo the final product #halo" and if that didnt put out the fire...i'd upload a lil clip with "see...I told you #halo"..while basking in the love from all those passionate fans while I continue doing my job. 

but I don't work at 343...so

IGN was out a 343i weeks/month ago to get coverage for IGN First, at the time that was the current build.

but hey, let have the team stop everything they're doing and upload daily gameplays and take away from development time so we can put on fedoras and post why we aren't going to get the game and ride into the sunset screaming hitscan to the halo theme beat.

I would gladly go out and capture some footage to show off and give full disclosure as to where the build was at currently relative to what was being shown. FOR FREE! :)

My only opinion on this game (Halo 1) and how its being handled in quite a bit of secrecy is that this is not a new game. There is nothing to hide and there is nothing that would ruin the sales of the game for anything to be revealed on the progress. Appears to just be a marketing effort only I suppose for additional exposure with the exclusivity agreement with IGN. If anyone is to provide us details IGN must? Hire me as the free H1 liaison. :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you like shitting blood.

I've ate taco bell before and this never happens to me man.  You people and your weak bowels...

I never looked into Halo PC too much, I played it once and it just felt wrong so never touched it again.

As for og h1 aiming lead being great but tied to netcode, could that style of leading be built into the game? Would be fairer as well because lead amount would be static, not based off ping/host advantagey

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've ate taco bell before and this never happens to me man. You people and your weak bowels...

The other night I stopped at Taco Bell and picked up 4 tacos. I got home to find Dominos. I ate my 4 tacos and proceeded to have 4 slices of pizza. Didn't have to shit that night.

#GOATbowels