CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Halo PC is not hitscan. Halo PC is not Hitscan. HALO PC IS NOT HITSCAN!

The no-lead MOD (not part of any Bungie/Gearbox update) which has been popularized of late on PC tries to simulate hitscan/bullet magnetism - I'm not a fan of it. It makes sniping way too easy.

I really doubt 343 would implement the shooting characteristics of a 3rd party PC mod... 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The problem I have with this community (not just the CE community) yall jump to the worst possible scenario and run with it without even knowing if its a FACT or not.

Anyone who gets disappointed over and over and over again yet still maintains optimism is lacking in neural capacity.

It's the same effect as being told putting your hand on a hot stove is good for you, getting burned, and listening again the next time you're told.

Watching 2gre's stream...

these kids had wayyy too much time on their hands.

Personally looking forward to playing Halo 3 again (lol Halo 3 scrub kys) mainly for Jenga. It may not have been the most competitive game ever, but you cannot deny, the custom games were BEYOND HYPE

Halo PC is not hitscan. Halo PC is not Hitscan. HALO PC IS NOT HITSCAN!

The no-lead MOD (not part of any Bungie/Gearbox update) which has been popularized of late on PC tries to simulate hitscan/bullet magnetism - I'm not a fan of it. It makes sniping way too easy.

I really doubt 343 would implement the shooting characteristics of a 3rd party PC mod... 

But, the "no lead" mod IS better than what it shipped with no? 

So you either never know where your shots land and each trigger pull is a crapshoot or you use something similar to the mod and everything lands right where you place it. As I said, I was just commented on how it WILL change the gameplay on that level. Not necessarily complaining about it.

Something had to be done either way, they sure as hell were not going to allow XBC style H1 play on XBL.

THEN ID BE KING! ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

What? H2V has had consistently lower populations, terrible GFWL integration, and shit aiming for M & K. You will get raped on H2V if you don't have a controller. Most PC Halo players agree that CE was a better port.

One other point:

The skill gap hasn't gone out the window for CE. Has anybody actually played CE: PC? There's a huge skillgap, and aiming isn't "hitscan" as people here have been describing it. In fact shot leading is even more important; you have to vary it to compensate for lag. There are slight differences/errors for the timers (not sure about spawns), but they aren't game-breaking. If anything, could lead to some interesting changes in strategy for top-tier CE gameplay. Yes, we were expecting better, but the PC version isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Unless they keep that fucking fuel rod on Dammy!

If anyone wants to know where to DL the PC version, PM me.

Dude, you cannot emulate og Xbox at all with halo pc. H2v gets you pretty close.

Halo PC's netcode was such that leading your shots was much more difficult. It fundamentally changed the balance of the game, because rockets were much more powerful relative to your utility weapon's average kill speed. It made open spaces less of a killing field, so maps like blood gulch actually played really well compared to, for instance, Chill Out. That's why most players didn't prefer playing the usual 2v2 stuff.

Most of the "bad" stuff people have listed here is really related to high latency, low bandwidth, etc. etc. Inconsistent sniping, non-displaying explosions are not a matter of the underlying engine being fundamentally inconsistent, in the sense that you wouldn't see these issues in a LAN environment. It's not really any worse or better than a really laggy XBC game.

This. Also, rockets being more powerful is why many competitive players will say no rocks for 2v2s. 

why show us "unplayable" footage?

fool me once...

Doesn't show footage = bitch about it

Shows unfinished footage = bitch about it

65402-zoolander-crazy-pills-gif-6laR.gif

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude, you cannot emulate og Xbox at all with halo pc. H2v gets you pretty close.

Maybe - I've never used a controller for either PC game.

As PC games though, with mouse and keyboard, CE is much smoother. I recently played H2 on Xbox for the first time, and it was amazing the difference between that and H2V, just for aiming.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Real talk I'm getting more and more nervous that they are just going to use the Halo 4 Medals (Stickers) for H1 and H2A.

The amount of time is dwindling that I can say "they're probably just placeholders".

• Upvote (+1) 2

the game is out in a month its not crazy to ask for an accurate representation of a game some people are shelling $500 

• Upvote (+1) 4

the game is out in a month its not crazy to ask for an accurate representation of a game some people are shelling $500

No one is forcing you guys to go out Day 1 though, wait for the game to come out and read impressions and watch streams to make a decision on getting an Xbox One and MCC.

Real talk I'm getting more and more nervous that they are just going to use the Halo 4 Medals (Stickers) for H1 and H2A.

The amount of time is dwindling that I can say "they're probably just placeholders".

praying that it is a pre release build...

Well based on today's reactions.... the H2Classic gameplay should be fun tomorrow  :Halo:

• Upvote (+1) 9

No one is forcing you guys to go out Day 1 though, wait for the game to come out and read impressions and watch streams to make a decision on getting an Xbox One and MCC.

Or do a practice that's pretty normal for every game dev. Show an accurate representation of your game for your consumers instead of being forced to wait because the dev didn't show you what the game plays like accurately

I'm not getting the game either way but its not a smart decision for your consumers to show very old gameplay when you only have 1 month before release

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Well based on today's reactions.... the H2Classic gameplay should be fun tomorrow  :Halo:

It will be JUST BANTER

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would hate working at 343, no matter what they do someone is always going to be mad.

Nah man, it's just real life