CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I definitely have to agree with your sentiment. I don't know how well you guys know me but I've been on the Halo scene a long time starting with HBO, BNet, and eventually MLG. Anyways, I never vent much but you reminded me of something I feel strongly about. People who do know me would likely tell you that I'm a reasonable and rationally-minded person so hear me out if you have the time. As a long time Halo player I've always paid extremely close attention to the details within every Halo game and all the information that comes out about new releases. This is hyper-important to me because of the implications these announcements have on my expectations based on my experience playing the game. It makes me fairly angry when a new game is getting close to release so there's already a ton of information available to anyone online for free (seriously, all you have to do is look for it) and somebody asks a question that has not only been answered by the company themselves via articles and youtube videos, but has been answered again by the company at conferences and gaming events where fans get to ask questions. There's absolutely no excuse for not following what's available (FOR FREE) and coming to an internet forum to ask questions (when you can READ THE THREADS) about things that the company already told everyone about.

Maybe I'm easily bothered but it's seriously annoying having to read the same questions over. And over. And over. And over. Doesn't anyone even care enough to follow the news about the game? Sure no true scotsman is a logical fallacy but I don't understand how someone can be a real gamer without keeping up to date on EVERYTHING that comes out. That should be more important than anything you do. When Halo 2 was about to launch back in 2004, I was GLUED to magazines (EGM, OXM, etc) and constantly reading HBO posts in their forum. I learned all that I could because it was real to me. It was more important than anything else I was doing as a junior in high school. That's where this line of thinking really kicked in. Now, this is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air. In west Philadelphia born and raised on the playground was where I spent most of my days. Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool and all shootin some b-ball outside of the school when a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared. She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air.'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day but she packed my suit case and sent me on my way. She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket, I put my Walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it.' First class, yo this is bad, drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like? Hmmmmm this might be alright. But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that, is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat? I don't think so, I'll see when I get there, I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air.

Well, the plane landed and when I came out there was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out. I ain't trying to get arrested yet. I just got here, I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared. I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, homes to Bel Air.' I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'. I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

will smit is dat u

I don't understand why some people think that because they paid $60 for a multiplayer experience, then they're allowed to do whatever they please. Quitting is selfish, no matter the reason. It's not justified.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't understand why some people think that because they paid $60 for a multiplayer experience, then they're allowed to do whatever they please. Quitting is selfish, no matter the reason. It's not justified.

Despite it being selfish they should have the option to do it if that's what they really want. The hope is 343 has systems in place to discourage constant abuse i.e. Reach / H4 where people would back out every single game.

I don't think there's too much of a worry with a decent ranking system - the top end of Hardcore should be voting for H2 a large majority of the time.

The hope is 343 has systems in place to discourage constant abuse.

Quitting is selfish, no matter the reason. It's not justified.

It'd be hilarious that if you quit a lot of matches, you get banned from online playing all together from TMCC for minutes. (No matchmaking, no co-op, no customs)

That would be piss a lot of people, and I just go and die laughing at them. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It'd be hilarious that if you quit a lot of matches, you get banned from online playing all together from TMCC for minutes. (No matchmaking, no co-op, no customs)

That would be piss a lot of people, and I just go and die laughing at them. 

CSGO has 30mins for quitting out of a ranked competitive game. After that it's 2 hours, then 24 hours, then 7 days. It takes a week of no infractions to move down one penalty stage.

Halo has a shorter match time so it wouldn't need to be as severe but there should be an instant consequence to quitting, relative to the time you're wasting of the other players in the match.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So they are launching with 12 playlists:

Would this set of 12 make anyone upset? Think noobs or anyone would be mad at this? 4 is probably too many tournament style playlists....

Halo CE 4v4

Halo CE Pro (2v2)

Halo 2a Social 5v5

Esports 4v4 (h2a pro)

Halo 2c Pro 4v4

Halo 3 Social 5v5

Halo 3 Pro 4v4

Halo 4 4v4

Cross Game playlists (voting for game)

BTB 8v8

Snipers 4v4

Swat  4v4

Rumble Pit 8 player(Cross game)

Remove Halo 1 Pro, replace it with cross-game Grifball.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remove Halo 1 Pro, replace it with cross-game Grifball.

So we're all in agreement to introduce the Gravity Hammer into Halo CE's sandbox?

• Upvote (+1) 1

still shocked about no doubles 

Looks like you'll have to endure the wait since people think it isn't going to happen, in absolutes, all of the sudden.

It's not complicated. Rotational doesn't mean you're doomed to never never never never ever going to experience 2v2.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Only for H3 and H4

And H2A Multiplayer.

The best thing you could hope for in h3 when it first came out was playing Team Slayer where you'd get Shotty Snipers 80% of the time, so I'd say this launch lineup is fine. Of course it could be better. For example what Cursed Lemon suggested is already way better than what we are getting. But if I look back and remember how Halo games usually ship, this is the best launch playlist lineup we have ever had for a halo. Playlist will change a lot anyway and we will get all the playlists we want eventually. I'm just happy that I can actually play competitive settings in matchmaking from day 1.

Going straight to Rumble. Love the chaos that happens in FFA, and gotta stick with the tradition of getting that 50 in a FFA playlist first.

I will go to Halo eSports first, out of curiosity, then Team Hardcore. If H2A is not in Halo eSports then I'l go to it. Eventually I will find myself most of the time in Forge.

"Quitting is never justified"

If all your teammates quit and it's 1v4 is it okay to quit?

Some people here said they don't quit 1v4's which is the craziest thing I've ever heard, it's a waste of time for both teams.

I personally hate it when it 1v4 with 12 minutes left and 30 kills to go, youre basically sitting their with your thumb up you ass.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I actually don't quit 1v4s. It has nothing to do with being against quitting, especially if your teammates already quit. It's just I don't want to miss out on a rare game where I come back on the other team by myself. I've gotten close a few times. Close but no cigar.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Cross-game playlists is such a stupid idea. Are people seriously too fucking lazy to hop into another playlist when they want to play a different game?

Disagree. It's a great opportunity to introduce older games to new fans. You guys are forgetting that this game wasn't made for us, it was made to capture a new audience and possibly test the "old" Halo playstyle with that new audience.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yeah I love the idea of crossgame playlists. If there would have been a crossgame 2v2 playlist I would be looking forward to playing the shit out of that. It's like getting the ultimate 50.

Though I do understand that for something like Team Hardcore you would like seperate playlists to purely focus on one game at a time.

I'll gladly quit if my teammates have already done so but I'm not in the business of quiting because something hasnt gone my way

I'm gonna throw this unpopular opinion out into the wind but I wouldn't mind if the option to quit out of a match was removed altogether depending on the playlist...