CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Game looks beautiful from that clip, movement speed definitely looks like it needs a bump though (which might make the strafe decent) and hopefully ball throwing can be shut off as mentioned above.

This entire conversation especially on @@FrankTheShow and @@Saucey side...

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

The reasoning for not wanting the toggle options were somewhat fair, but the comments with mini games, "go play hoops", and "Diversity is Death" etc were uncalled for.  

Mini Games and options have always been an important part for the community that not a lot of other console games have had and it has never harmed anybody. I'm all for a solid base game that is close to its roots but not having options to have fun with and basically saying "fuck off" to a big portion of the community only helps prove to other people that we don't care about anyone else but ourselves.

That's my 2 cents on the matter.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

The reasoning for not wanting the toggle options were somewhat fair, but the comments with mini games, "go play hoops", and "Diversity is Death" etc were uncalled for.  

Mini Games and options have always been an important part for the community that not a lot of other console games have had and it has never harmed anybody. I'm all for a solid base game that is close to its roots but not having options to have fun with and basically saying "fuck off" to a big portion of the community only helps prove to other people that we don't care about anyone else but ourselves.

Nah, competitive 24/7. Git gud or git out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I noticed the grenade hit markers are still in the game, unless that was a older build somehow. 

But on a better note, I didn't see the useless "Generic Kill" medal or a "Comeback Kill" medal. I guess those are positives at least. 

there was a revenge medal

In case you don't have ign access at work

I dont mind Warlock not being as dark, but I dont like the grenade markers still being there, nor do I like the br reticule.

What's the difference between Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary?

I might want a few more weeks to get the Xbox One if that's going to be available before 11.11.14.

Exactly what I was thinking. Gotta buy it soon though, don't want to be buying it on the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They're releasing it in Brazil so everyone will stay home and play Halo, staying away from the riots.

And you know what that means. We must riot to get this bundle. Gather your Guy Fawkes mask and Molotov Cocktails, boys!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's going to be hard for 343 to give us the playlists everyone wants especially on Day 1. There's so much in this bundle to get it right the first time around.

this is good news.

more reason to play h2c and ce in tournaments over h2a

I was thinking the same thing

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2A could have jetpacks, oddball throwing, sprint, and whatever else they feel are "cool" features, I don't give a shit because I can play H2C and CE.

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

Yeah, it's as simple as having the option for ball throwing, but it being off in default / Matchmaking Oddball. Don't get me wrong, I think it's an awful setting, but I just don't get what the issue is.

Fun customs and options are good. Every weekend they came out on H3, Rocket Race, Infection and Grifball were the most popular playlists. It was fun as shit. Back before they were even playlists, they helped keeping the online population WAY up in H2 and H3. Jenga on Standoff was the shit. Just because you wouldn't make a playlist out of it, it doesn't mean you shouldn't allow people to create whatever they want with custom games. 

Halo is a sandbox shooter. You can make almost anything you want with it. While I wouldn't want to have a Rocket Race tournament with 10k at stake, it's a fun way to kill time when you get tired of Matchmaking, while staying on your favorite game. It's a way to play with your peeps that might cost you a game otherwise while searching at 50 high. It's a way to keep the game relevant in more than just community.

Most of these fun settings and maps wouldn't even be on your hard drive unless you download them, so I must be missing something here...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ready for tomorrow playlist announcement!

pfNIH.jpg

Real? I swear if there is no FFA, I will riot. ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Yup. Playlists tomorrow and achievements on Friday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Throwing the ball was a good idea in theory, not so much in execution. They just overdid it. You should not be able to chuck the ball across the map like a fucking grenade.

If it's in the game, there should be a toggle mode at the very least. At the most? There should be a modifier in the game settings, just like there is for weapon damage, on how far you can throw the ball.

What if they show Social/Ranked playlists? Will we riot?  :kappa:

All Playlists are Ranked as far as we know.

Inb4 no CE doubles playlist  :kappa:

Hype

What's the difference between Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary?

TL;DR: Halo 2 is the original game with glitches and all the maps, just upscaled to 1080p. H2A is a new game with a bigger sandbox, a few balancing tweaks, only SIX remastered Halo 2 maps with new elements, and more.

I doubt they'd abandon FFA like they did with Halo 4 at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Something like this should go without saying but I hope we get to see gametypes within the Playlist along with weightings

Throwing the ball was a good idea in theory, not so much in execution. They just overdid it. You should not be able to chuck the ball across the map like a fucking grenade.

If it's in the game, there should be a toggle mode at the very least. At the most? There should be a modifier in the game settings, just like there is for weapon damage, on how far you can throw the ball.

the most reasonable post on the thread. seriously, people comparing this to sprint are really of base here.

i don't think it should be in h2a, being that it goes against the whole point of h2a. but with some tweaks to the throwing distance, it could definitely work in h5g. 

It's going to be hard for 343 to give us the playlists everyone wants especially on Day 1. There's so much in this bundle to get it right the first time around.

Yup, regardless of what is included in the playlists, there will be some Halo fans who will be disappointed. 343i will most certainly make adjustments to the playlists over time, but that doesn't stop us from being selfish and wanting certain playlists at launch. I wish people would realize that the playlist rotation isn't permanent, but I know there are going to be some really pissed of people tomorrow. Personally, I want a 2v2 H:CE playlist with no radar  and solid netcode, but beggars can't be choosers.