CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

"Warlord" looks WAY too dark at first.

I realize Warlock was a bit dark to begin with, but it worked in Halo 2 somehow.

It looks far too dark for H2A though. It brightens up a bit when you move out of initial spawn (the bases), but still... they should lighten it up a bit in the more shaded areas.

On-map camo: confirmed!

Also, yet another new medal confirmed for killing someone who's cloaked: "I See You"

LAWL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE: 20%

Halo 2:  50%

Halo 2 Anniversary: 10%

Halo 3: 20%

Halo 4: 0%

On-map camo pickup: Confirmed!

Also, new medal for killing someone who's cloaked: "I See You"

...cause Halo needed MORE medals after Halo 4  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

*VERY* CLEAR DISTINCTION BETWEEN THE 4 BASES BY COLOR. Finally I don't have to squint at vague wall writings to make callouts.

Won't lie though- Sentinel Beam kill medal? Gonna have to give that a big no. Huge no from me.

Why do they insist on adding jump ups to every h2 map

Kinda ruins the flow

That and they like to be creative with their callouts.  I like the addition of the location above the radar (came with Reach onward?) but we have;

Gold Alter for yellow base

Azure Alter for blue base

Sage Alter for green base

Crimsom Alter for red base

Spire for mid

It would be great to see more arena/symmetrically focused maps like these in H5:G, but make the callouts with players in mind and use more traditional names (top mid/blue plat, etc).

How would you guys feel if the interactive element was something simple, like a blue laser striking down from the sky into camo cage each time camo spawns? Doesn't really affect gameplay except notifying players of when camo spawns. The laser could even be seen charging like 5 or 10 seconds prior so all players have the opportunity to set up and go for the power up. Good or bad?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overall, I like the map. Could do with being lighter, but still... I think they did an amazing job.

The fact that the grenade shake is toned WAY down is great news, too, as are the on-map OS and now Camo as well.

The only things still making me twinge a little are too many medals, the announcer, and the grenade indicators & hit markers. However, I can live with those as most of them get drowned out for my just while watching and will likely do so when actually playing it. But if those few things got removed/fixed, I think the game would be near-perfect.

Why do they insist on adding jump ups to every h2 map

Kinda ruins the flow

accessibility.  have to dumb things down to allow those casual players to compete.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's a walkthrough the map now. He's showing the new jumps of the map. Seems kind of cool imo.

Link?

How would you guys feel if the interactive element was something simple, like a blue laser striking down from the sky into camo cage each time camo spawns? Doesn't really affect gameplay except notifying players of when camo spawns. The laser could even be seen charging like 5 or 10 seconds prior so all players have the opportunity to set up and go for the power up. Good or bad?

I'd rather it be something a bit more creative than that. I mean, they're all (the interactive elements) Forgable, so why not go crazy with it? I don't mean crazy like the H4 map (can't remember the name) that has a button that drops everyone's shields or anything, but definitely something a bit cooler.

I dig the waterfall on Sanctuary. I'd be pissed if it weren't capable of being removed, but since it is, I dig it.

That would actually be just fine with me. Warlock/lord is so small that anything huge when it comes to interactive elements would just make gameplay insane.

I will never understand why people are complaining about medals when they literally have no impact on the game.

Give me a medal when I deserve a medal. Not because I got a kill with a noob weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 1