CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

you using some fancy words here...

I dig Latin  :ph34r:

but yeah another reason is that they could be trying not to confuse their message by showing tons of gameplay from each halo game, I mean it would probably be easier for them to try and sell H2A and H5 beta as the main sticking point for the average consumer but for the more aware individuals such as ourselves they may think of us as an easier lay, and by showing us more information it would just bore us or something, idk like I said what really matters is whether or not the game will be any good not the marketing or PR.

This is also true. A lot of people were (and still are) confused about the collection. YouTube is a good indication of that (and a great indication of why; people are dumb, as a rule).

I think people are worrying for nothing.

I think this is what 343 wants. As I said before, they know everyone here (aka everyone clamoring for more CE and H2C info and footage) are going to buy MCC regardless. So, instead of flooding the internet with tons of content and having the game be, shall we say, "not as fresh" by the time it comes out, they'd rather just give us little tidbits of info and content to whet our appetites and let us stew.

It's a smart business decision, honestly, especially after Destiny's over-hyped release failed big time. True, one could argue it was the game that bombed on its own, but I don't think the game would have been criticized nearly as harshly if it weren't hyped to be "the game to end all games" prior to its release.

General game information =/= Marketing

Destiny had a marketing department that dealt exclusively with trying to get people to buy the game. Seldom did they use information from the game to do it. Most of it was music and some live action footage. Oh by the way Destiny was only a flop critically not financially, you should try looking up those facts. It's funny though despite the shortcomings I have with the game I do find it rather enjoyable and it's a blast to play with friends.

That's no way comparable to wanting to know how 1/4 of the game will function. It is totally unprofessional and downright disrespectful to be this deprived of knowledge for a game less than 40 days from launch. We legitimately know nothing about state of CE and H2C's multiplayer in terms of how it functions networking wise. I don't think it's that outrageous to ask for.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Tbh there isn't much to say about the game either. Though playlist info would be nice to have if they say the games will play like we remember then that's fine by me.

I'm happy that the classic Halo multiplayer games will be brought to the modern gamer, as this gives me more hope that we'll have a bigger community for Halo 5 Guardians, and not only that, but that community will actually be used to traditional Halo gameplay - they wont think Halo is Halo 4. I'm also happy that I wont have to keep using an Xbox 360 just to play the Halo campaigns, and I love playing all 4 of those Halo campaigns over and over again so that's well suited to me.

Also, I think it's great that they're exploring their own dynamic map ideas now (H2A) so that they can get feedback and do it better with future games, if they do decide to continue with dynamic map elements.

yeah one of the main outlying problems with the MCC is that it has the potential to cut the playerbase by a good amount which could in turn mean less halo 5 sells, but one would expect them to offer an experience that is at least on par with H2A as to try and retain that audience.

60fps

nah dude CE/3 with dedicated servers is where its at.

Arbiter is back

Arby>chief

yeah... I said it.

General game information =/= Marketing

Destiny had a marketing department that dealt exclusively with trying to get people to buy the game. Seldom did they use information from the game to do it. Most of it was music and some live action footage. Oh by the way Destiny was only a flop critically not financially, you should try looking up those facts. It's funny though despite the shortcomings I have with the game I do find it rather enjoyable and it's a blast to play with friends.

That's no way comparable to wanting to know how 1/4 of the game will function. It is totally unprofessional and downright disrespectful to be this deprived of knowledge for a game less than 40 days from launch. We legitimately know nothing about state of CE and H2C's multiplayer in terms of how it functions networking wise. I don't think it's that outrageous to ask for.

I never said Destiny was a flop financially. I said it was critically. I know that it did well financially; best selling new franchise in history or something along those lines.

I have also stated on numerous occasions that I am a fan of the game, Despite the negative reaction found on most articles and from many people on this website.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I just can't wait for a Halo with a large population on at all times again. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will Halo CE/2/3 be using there original netcode or will they be receiving updated netcode as the original netcode had issues with bloodshots, shots not registering etc?

MLG settings are established from day 1 in all Halo series. (IE: v8 instead of v1.)

Nope. Just find it funny when someone pretends to know everything and immediately gets taken down a peg. :salt:

And honestly, I don't even remember the conversations, and didn't even look at (much less recognize) your screen name when I quoted that.

You're a terrible bullshitter. You remember everything and you're still buttflustered about it.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Other articles and forums ive read across the web. Glad the hype is back as well as the halo community. Hoping mlg picks up the game that started it

what articles and forums are these? like cyren said...ppl want info, but I don't see anyone saying anything negative about the games in the package....there is at least one game in the package that someone enjoys...

and we don't need to sit around and wait for mlg to pick up anything...there are other leagues out there and 343....the tourneys that will be ran by the game don't need "mlg" attached to it...

Tbh there isn't much to say about the game either. Though playlist info would be nice to have if they say the games will play like we remember then that's fine by me.

these games are being ported to a new console....one of them has never been played on xbox live before....we don't know how any of them will play online on this new console and what changes they may have made to successfully port them to the xbox one. Two of these games (CE and H2) have an og xbox version and a pc version, with the latter being a terrible experience overall for both games....which version will they use to bring the game to the xbox one? or will it be a mixture of both?

there is much to say about the games in the collection..

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're a terrible bullshitter. You remember everything and you're still buttflustered about it.

You seriously think you matter way more than you actually do.

Cant wait. Youtube only processes 30 fps so u cant notice the 60 fps in videos, but pros say its spectacular

60FPS is the bomb. Played it at EGX last weekend and it was amazing. 

If you want to check out some 60FPS Halo footage, check out news.xbox.com/Media. 

Just the fact that this thing exists.....

You mean to tell me that there's going to be a Halo game where I can go into a matchmaking playlist and I get to vote what game I want to play and then it'll launch that game in it's original engine but at 1080p/60fps with every multiplayer map ever created ever all wrapped in a H2 1-50 ranking system?

There is no reason to complain about this game because it's one of the coolest pieces of software ever invented

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im sure everyone is excited for instant registration in MCC. Me and my bro are going to run H4 customs with mlg settings to get ready for MCC tonight. Wanted to know if anyones interested?

The only games featuring "instant registration" in TMCC are halo 2, Halo 2 Anniversary and halo 4 bro. Halo 1 and Halo 3 aren't hit-scan (instant registration), the pistol and BR in CE and H3 are projectile guns where the bullets have to travel to the player you are shooting.

assuming you are talking about bullet registration the only games featuring "instant registration" in TMCC are halo 2, Halo 2 Anniversary and halo 4 bro. Halo 1 and Halo 3 aren't hit-scan (instant registration), the pistol and BR in CE and H3 are projectile guns where the bullets have to travel to the player you are shooting. 

To play Halo 2 an not get modded even though the scuffs might get a little out of hand down the line.

To play Halo 2 an not get modded even though the scuffs might get a little out of hand down the line.

Agreed. Back in the day mostly any1 over a 45 was a cheater

• Upvote (+1) 1