CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Oh ok no worries. I tell you what, I'll invite me friends over and we'll have a great time gaming Halo MCC together, whilst you sit by yourself on your desk with your mouse. Sounds like a fair trade mate  :)

That's great mate, you play all those, I'll play MCC whilst you sit there and complaint that you don't have it.

Seriously, I feel sorry for both of you. I would hate to be unable to enjoy the MCC because I'd decided that because my PC is superior in power and therefore the MCC is not worth buying. That would suck. I'll go back to enjoying both platform equally whilst you two buy hundreds of games to fill the void that MCC should have filled. Suckers.

tumblr_msmdv8I7C21rgam01o1_1280.png

but seriously tho

when MCC inevitably comes to the PC (once again, wagers are up) the only game I'll be enjoying is CE HD. Which I pretty much already have on PC. (Maybe some frolicking on some H3 too for the nostalgia)

Don't know how you dolts are confusing excitement for the Halo community for finally getting something we deserve with a need of MCC 

but i guess Peasants  gonna Peasant 

:kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

• Downvote (-1) 3

but seriously tho

when MCC inevitably comes to the PC (once again, wagers are up) the only game I'll be enjoying is CE HD. Which I pretty much already have on PC. (Maybe some frolicking on some H3 too for the nostalgia)

Don't know how you dolts are confusing excitement for the Halo community for finally getting something we deserve with a need of MCC 

but i guess Peasants  gonna Peasant 

:kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

Again, proving your complete lack of an argument for all to see.

"Peasants gonna peasant"? Seriously, fuck off. You just keep telling me that you don't have any sort of persuasive argument. And frankly, at this point, even if you did, you've turned everyone off to hearing it from you.

You may feel justified in your "Huey Freeman" state of mind that you should combat "ignorance" of the benefits of PC gaming, but you have to realize that whacking people upside the head with "facts" is very rarely able to get them to change their minds.

I'm trying to give you some help, but you seem utterly intent on refusing the help of a "peasant" like me lol.

If Halo were to just straight up come to PC. 343 pulls a plot a twist and MCC is released, Halo 5 comes to PC and so on and so forth.

Would you guys jump ship for the better experience?

It honestly depends, if it still stays a controller driven game then id be fine with it. Look at CSGO, all the shit valve does with it, you can watch matches of other players THROUGH the game. sell skins, trade shit, and all those sales can help fun tournaments thrown by the developer PC masterrace

closeupgaben.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always wondered why they did this!! It was a small annoyance even for me at first, when H2 came out, but I got used to it of course... I might even go so far as to say that I like it the way it is now lol.

Has it ever been said anywhere as to why Bungie made this change?

I don't know if it was intentional, but it does help prevent headglitching and that sort of thing, but it also allows you to see more space while having your reticule on the player.  If the reticule was in the center of the screen, a good portion of your view would be the floor.  With the lowered reticule, you can see more behind and above enemy players while still aiming at them and shooting them

@@ImperiumVII 75 is not a horrible score.  There are plenty of series who score lower than that and go on to record-breaking sales.

There were plenty of sites that gave it generic 8s or 9s and some 10s, but for once there was a surprisingly large amount of sites who did a serious critical evaluation of the game.  If that happened more often, the average score for big games would go way down.

And regardless, Bungie has always been about appealing to wide audiences and making them happy.  And this time they're shifting their focus even more from players like you to the larger market of people on consoles who like shooters casually but haven't ever really got into a serious timesink MMO or RPG.  And they're succeeding, it seems.  Bungie's motivation comes from what can get more people interested in games in ways they haven't been before.  And they've shown before that they can generate an even bigger audience to replace the people who're left behind when they move on to the next big thing.

I'm not hyped about Destiny, but even I can see it's finely tuned for mainstream appeal, even if it has a lot of issues worth criticizing.

Again, proving your complete lack of an argument for all to see.

Hmm... you seem to be able to formulate sentences & posts fairly decently... but you lack reading comprehension? 

What be this

I don't think I've ever seen this

How can you type okay but absolutely suck at reading

A scientist would have a name for that, I'm sure

"Peasants gonna peasant"? Seriously, fuck off. 

LMAO. Awwww **pets head** it's angry

Now unless you have any counterpoints to all the ~~~FACTS!~~~ that I've posted, please stop derailing my thread with your irrelevant emotional rants on how I choose to respond to certain ignorant people in my own thread

Thank you! 

I'm trying to give you some help, but you seem utterly intent on refusing the help of a "peasant" like me lol.

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

This is what I come home to on the 11th of November: xbox-lan.jpg

.....so a giant room full of teenage boys...

with zero girls in there.

ha__gayyyy__by_antoinecapture-d6ku0mg.jp

Also, before you reply, remember that YOU started a thread saying you're sad because a game we get to enjoy isn't coming to your PC.

That literally never happened.

Therefore, you lose.

gg LOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOLOLOLOLOL

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think you literally did not read my post, or that you're illiterate. I use it for other means, I also think you turned this thread into an embarrassment for yourself. 

stop lying bruh. comin in here tryna brag about your "high end" rig talmbout you prefer console gaming over gaming on a ridiculously good PC

we all know this is your rig:

msFzXHB.jpg

• Downvote (-1) 4

Hmm... you seem to be able to formulate sentences & posts fairly decently... but you lack reading comprehension? 

What be this

I don't think I've ever seen this

How can you type okay but absolutely suck at reading

A scientist would have a name for that, I'm sure

LMAO. Awwww **pets head** it's angry

Now unless you have any counterpoints to all the ~~~FACTS!~~~ that I've posted, please stop derailing my thread with your irrelevant emotional rants on how I choose to respond to certain ignorant people in my own thread

Thank you! 

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Emotional rants? Pot, meet kettle.

Fact of the matter is, some people like certain things that others don't. You, for example, prefer gaming on a PC to an Xbox. Others like the reverse (gaming on an Xbox vs. PC). Some even like both, such as myself. So long as I'm having a good time playing, IDGAF whether it's on PC, Xbox, Playstation, etc. 

The fact that you're incapable of accepting this or the viewpoints of those who prefer console gaming, shows how stunningly narrow-minded you are. No one is asking you to change your views, merely to respect those of others.

Your own attacks against me, demanding I descend to your level and present "facts" about how console gaming is better than PC gaming is a non sequitur, that is, it doesn't follow from the previous discussion, it's just you trying your same old schtick once again.

Have fun playing whatever it is you want to play. But don't shit talk others just because you take issue with how they have fun playing games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Look at you go.

Fact of the matter is, some people like certain things that others don't. You, for example, prefer gaming on a PC to an Xbox. Others like the reverse (gaming on an Xbox vs. PC). Some even like both, such as myself. So long as I'm having a good time playing, IDGAF whether it's on PC, Xbox, Playstation, etc. 

Fact of the matter is, people who buy overpriced consoles that are outdated and console games at full price are ignorant and irresponsible, and contribute to the detriment of gaming by doing so. And I have every right to ridicule people who do ridiculous things.

Yes it's in twisted satire that I (and quite a few others) find very amusing, but at least most of my posts are informative and productive.

The fact that you're incapable of accepting this or the viewpoints of those who prefer console gaming, shows how stunningly narrow-minded you are. No one is asking you to change your views, merely to respect those of others.

There is literally no decent viewpoint to accept, respect or even consider. What part of

''people buying overpriced consoles and overpriced console games (essentially bending over and getting wrecked by devs, and also enabling them to be scumbags, lazy and uncreative, thus also enabling mediocrity) is absolutely ridiculous and deserves shame for destroying the gaming industry''

do you not understand?

Fuck anyone who supports mediocrity. 

If you support console gaming and its games, you pretty much contributed to the pussification of Halo post-CE and the unparalleled success of the giant steaming pile of crap that is COD - which also helped in the detriment of Halo even more. 

God forbid you read the goddamn thread, I've said that close to a million times. 

Your own attacks against me, demanding I descend to your level and present "facts" about how console gaming is better than PC gaming is a non sequitur, that is, it doesn't follow from the previous discussion, it's just you trying your same old schtick once again.

What you're doing right now is irrelevant. You've said nothing about the MCC, or PC or consoles. You're going off about preferences, when I'm talking about an entirely different thing.

Once again, read the damn thread.

Have fun playing whatever it is you want to play. But don't shit talk others just because you take issue with how they have fun playing games.

I bet you fail to discipline children who you see litter 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've played it. I prefer shot lead, and don't condone making the game easier just so people can stop complaining about nonexistent dropped shots.

All of you seem bored if you're arguing about consoles and PC go buy Destiny forum peasants.  :ph34r:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You made the right choice. #SSDMasterRace

It makes a huge difference.

Be careful Brett, before you know it you will own 4 SSDs like me. It has become a real problem, I can't wait till 1TB SSDs are cheap enough to replace my mechanical drive though.

What are your specs and do you know anybody looking to buy two GTX 670s or a Logitech G9x mouse?

Add me on Steam though!

I'm gonna add you today!

I have a 270x which I'm going to crossfire, a 120GB Samsung SSD, an fx 8320, 8GB RAM.

@@ImperiumVII 75 is not a horrible score.  There are plenty of series who score lower than that and go on to record-breaking sales.

There were plenty of sites that gave it generic 8s or 9s and some 10s, but for once there was a surprisingly large amount of sites who did a serious critical evaluation of the game.  If that happened more often, the average score for big games would go way down.

And regardless, Bungie has always been about appealing to wide audiences and making them happy.  And this time they're shifting their focus even more from players like you to the larger market of people on consoles who like shooters casually but haven't ever really got into a serious timesink MMO or RPG.  And they're succeeding, it seems.  Bungie's motivation comes from what can get more people interested in games in ways they haven't been before.  And they've shown before that they can generate an even bigger audience to replace the people who're left behind when they move on to the next big thing.

I'm not hyped about Destiny, but even I can see it's finely tuned for mainstream appeal, even if it has a lot of issues worth criticizing.

Dude, a 75 is not good AT ALL when the game is made to be a game media darling, a AAA franchise from an established developer, and a massive day one seller.

I don't know how you can see a 75 as NOT a bombing in a critical sense.

For fuck's sake, CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS IS A 78. Brink is only 7 points behind Destiny!

Bungie knew their game wasn't that great, and it showed in how they dealt with the review process. That's what irked me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I got the chance to play it at the Gamestop Expo in Anaheim just last week and loved the game. Everything is so smooth, shot registration will be great, the aim is more accurate.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't want to hate on Quin but I don't understand how he defends ranked everything and sprint. He's backwards on the two.

I feel like a nub for saying not everything should be ranked, but it's true.

• Upvote (+1) 1