CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Do you guys think H2A will have button glitches or super jumps? Since you know... They weren't technically supposed to be in the game in the first place lol.

This actually just came to me. Are we going to get a stats page with h2a with an open api. I would really like to see halocharts/tracker go back to its h3 glory. Or if 343 does their own well. We already have one thats pretty good. They would just have to add a few things. I also wouldn't mind a games played and win percentage viewable on my profile

Do you guys think H2A will have button glitches or super jumps? Since you know... They weren't technically supposed to be in the game in the first place lol.

you said that twice now and the are 2 reason only 1 person answered you.

1. ryan answered you with the only comment 343 has stated regarding the issue

2. it's been answered/speculated/debated like 10 different times in this thread alone and dozens of times elsewhere on the forums. there's even a whole thread on the issue alone

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's one of the first things that come to peoples mind when it comes to H2A, seeing as how they couldn't remove them via patches I imagine removing them may prove to be too difficult/time consuming so they may just decide to keep them in.

That's one of the first things that come to peoples mind when it comes to H2A, seeing as how they couldn't remove them via patches I imagine removing them may prove to be too difficult/time consuming so they may just decide to keep them in.

Its really not that big of a deal, unless kids start using scuffs and become Walshy overnight that would really piss me off. Double-shot at the end of a two burst BR fight while strafing is still hard for me and most players.

• Upvote (+1) 3

you said that twice now and the are 2 reason only 1 person answered you.

1. ryan answered you with the only comment 343 has stated regarding the issue

2. it's been answered/speculated/debated like 10 different times in this thread alone and dozens of times elsewhere on the forums. there's even a whole thread on the issue alone

You think I'm going to scroll through 800 replies through this thread to try to find something about it? No thanks lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

You think I'm going to scroll through 800 replies through this thread to try to find something about it? No thanks lol.

why wouldn't you want to read things about halo2. I could understand topics like ot of gd, but since things in this thread are relevant to your interests there is no reason not to read if you are looking for insight, which you were.

1. halo 2 anniversary announced

2. halo pros and fans aboard hype train

3. 5 day halo 2 LAN announced ending with weekend tourney

4. hype gets it featured on Waypoint

5. Streamed on mlg.tv

6. Ad money and donations contribute to prize pool

7. ??Profit??

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. halo 2 anniversary announced

2. halo pros and fans aboard hype train

3. 5 day halo 2 LAN announced ending with weekend tourney

4. hype gets it featured on Waypoint

5. Streamed on mlg.tv

6. Ad money and donations contribute to prize pool

7. ??Profit??

I was just thinking of some ideas 343 could implement to raise community funding for H2A tournaments:

-For every BxR performed in MM, Frankie gives a dime to the comp Halo piggy bank.

-Golden Warthog skins and golden BR skins

-Special H2 MLG tournament "packs", including Walshy's needlers, Karma before he got skinny,Gandhi giving T2 the toilet paper, and shirtless Vegeto with shook on3.

- Personalized pre-recorded lines of trash-talk ready for MM by the one and only Gandhi.

I am still thinking of ways to stimulate the H2 economy but i think I am off to a good start  ^_^

I was just thinking of some ideas 343 could implement to raise community funding for H2A tournaments:

-For every BxR performed in MM, Frankie gives a dime to the comp Halo piggy bank.

-Golden Warthog skins and golden BR skins

-Special H2 MLG tournament "packs", including Walshy's needlers, Karma before he got skinny,Gandhi giving T2 the toilet paper, and shirtless Vegeto with shook on3.

- Personalized pre-recorded lines of trash-talk ready for MM by the one and only Gandhi.

I am still thinking of ways to stimulate the H2 economy but i think I am off to a good start  ^_^

you and the golden warthog

but yeah skins that support the competitive scene are a good idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

why wouldn't you want to read things about halo2. I could understand topics like ot of gd, but since things in this thread are relevant to your interests there is no reason not to read if you are looking for insight, which you were.

I feel like this is pretty unreasonable. Who's to say he is THAT interested in Halo 2? You cannot possibly infer that from one simple question.

It's not like him asking it one more time is the end of the world. Alternatively, you could just not answer it.

you guys would still like it?  no superbouncing, no button glitches.  just a question

any thing you would want changed?

-less aim assist

-less bullet mag

-ce weapon timer 

-less lunge

you guys would still like it?  no superbouncing, no button glitches.  just a question

any thing you would want changed?

-less aim assist

-less bullet mag

-ce weapon timer 

-less lunge

I honestly don't care if there's glitches or not if its a true Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer.

Altho a better Netcode with Dedicated Servers and better Melee system would be good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Less aim and static weapon spawns with no glitches would make the game better.

no superbouncing in matchmaking for sure

i can live with no double shotting cuz then I won't have to kill myself b/c of modded controllers.

I'd like it plenty without button glitches tho.

when i say no superbouncing, i don't mean get rid of the physics

On a map like lockout for example, just put invisible barriers around the map where it's impossible to nade jump to. So if you did the super jump on lockout, you'd go a little higher than br3 then fall back down.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What is with these moronic ideas? Yeah let's take out superbouncing and tricking, it's not like there was a huge community of people who loved the shit out of Halo 2 for exactly that reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It would still be miles ahead of anything else available right now. It just has to have the original ranks. And I do think they can reduce the aim assist. A big reason why it was there in the first place was to balance out the poor network connections 10 years ago. It isn't as necessary now. Also, playing the game at 60 FPS and dedicated servers would be a huge welcome addition to balance out the loss of button glitches. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is with these moronic ideas? Yeah let's take out superbouncing and tricking, it's not like there was a huge community of people who loved the shit out of Halo 2 for exactly that reason.

So wanting to remove game breaking glitches is moronic?

It would be a much better game if they stayed, but i wouldn't play it any less if they were removed.

H3 had no weapon glitches and people loved that game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the last thing I want is to be playing team hardcore and having to deal with people outside the map.

I would prefer if the button glitches stayed... but honestly it would be a much better game than Reacn and 4 anyways.  I would most likely start playing halo again. :)

I think what oh4 is suggesting is to basically leave the map geometry exactly the same for the base maps in customs, but do something similar to what Bungie did when they created Pit Stop on Halo 3 and add invisible barriers to the variants used in MM. (Possibly use the unedited variants in Action Sack?)

• Upvote (+1) 5