CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Genuine question:

How many LoL pros use bare minimum specs for their gaming pc?(or say CSGO) I know my current PC can't run LoL worth a damn, which is one of the reasons I don't play the game. It would seem that if you can run the game better than someone else, you automatically have a leg up in PC gaming. Am I wrong? 

If not, I feel like this is why people choose console gaming, everyone is playing on the same hardware, pretty much the only variable is internet speeds. 

On consoles (online) you can have advantages with your connection. How many times someone here has faced an online warrior on Halo 3 with their shitty connections?

Better headset too. Better display. Modded controller. etc. Same for PC online.

On LAN, everything is uniform for console pro tournies. Same with pro PC LAN.

But essentially, 100% balance and uniformity will never be achieved in online gaming.

You never answered my question. Do you play Team Fortress 2?

What question? If I play TF2? Not lately, no.

Can we get this locked? Went from a somewhat solid discussion to just blatant hate mongering between consoles and pc's. Some of you need to grow up and act like civilized adults. 

hate mongering with Solid Facts being posted? lol ok

Why dont you add to the discussion instead of being butt-devasted

That microATX case will suffocate that GPU. And you didn't include the cost of thermal paste.

No it wont, and the CPU comes with the thermal paste you fool lol

On consoles (online) you can have advantages with your connection. How many times someone here has faced an online warrior on Halo 3 with their shitty connections?

Better headset too. Better display. Modded controller. etc. Same for PC online.

On LAN, everything is uniform for console pro tournies. Same with pro PC LAN.

But essentially, 100% balance and uniformity will never be achieved in online gaming.

I understand it will never be 100% uniform, but you'd agree that hardware is far more uniform with console gaming vs PC gaming, right? About the only thing that can give someone an advantage on console is connection (but that's true with PC gaming as well), a good monitor (also true with PC gaming), and a modded controller such as a scuf. 

You can't modify a consoles' hardware and play online ( or at least you're not supposed to be able to ). But in PC gaming you can modify nearly everything to make things run better, hence giving a person an advantage over someone who can't afford those same upgrades. Again, is that correct or am I wrong, I genuinely would like to know.

All I have to add to the PC vs Console debate in general:

I've been actively enjoying gaming on Console and PC (and Handhelds too) for pretty much my whole life, and I feel bad for anyone who can't enjoy them all too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand it will never be 100% uniform, but you'd agree that hardware is far more uniform with console gaming vs PC gaming, right? About the only thing that can give someone an advantage on console is connection (but that's true with PC gaming as well), a good monitor (also true with PC gaming), and a modded controller such as a scuf. 

You can't modify a consoles' hardware and play online ( or at least you're not supposed to be able to ). But in PC gaming you can modify nearly everything to make things run better, hence giving a person an advantage over someone who can't afford those same upgrades. Again, is that correct or am I wrong, I genuinely would like to know.

Probably, who knows, and who cares. Hardware/Technological Marxism will help nothing. 

The fact that in PC gaming you may or may not be facing someone who has an advantage over you is irrelevant, especially when on consoles it's the same thing.

I can't even count the amount of times I've been modded & standby'd in H2 & H3 and COD.

That's just Online Gaming.

At least on PC it's much harder to get away with.

It does not change the fact that you can build a PC that runs better than any console for cheaper, thus making consoles overpriced. It doesn't change the fact that consoles are forcing devs to half-ass PC games & ports, thus holding gaming back. It does not change the fact that because of these lazy scumbag devs wanting to cater to the lowest common denominator (consoles), we all are forced to settle for mediocre efforts in titles nowadays. 

Resonate

Damn shame they couldn't replace H4 with it, that way I'd actually be playing 100% rather than like 80% of the discs content.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All I have to add to the PC vs Console debate in general:

I've been actively enjoying gaming on Console and PC (and Handhelds too) for pretty much my whole life, and I feel bad for anyone who can't enjoy them all too.

Wii U is hilarious for gatherings of all ages

Damn shame they couldn't replace H4 with it, that way I'd actually be playing 100% rather than like 80% of the discs content.

This is true my friend!

Is anyone else worried that their performance in MCC multiplayer will be hindered by going back and forth from game to game? The mechanics in each game are very different. I know if I'm playing hours of Halo 3 and all the sudden I want to play H2 Classic, it's gonna take me a few matches to get back in the rhythm.

The only awkward thing for me is not having a duke controller. I hated the S, and the 360 controller. Haven't held an X1 yet, but it's still too small

• Upvote (+1) 1

have a question about the MCC multiplayer:

-is it a combined multiplayer system of all HCE,H2A,H3,H4, and you pick your game mode, and then you can vote on whatever map/halogame pops up?

OR -can I play H3 multiplayer playlists, as it was? can I play H2 multiplayer playlists, as it was? Or does H2A have completely different MP? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

have a question about the MCC multiplayer:

-is it a combined multiplayer system of all HCE,H2A,H3,H4, and you pick your game mode, and then you can vote on whatever map/halogame pops up?

OR -can I play H3 multiplayer playlists, as it was? can I play H2 multiplayer playlists, as it was? Or does H2A have completely different MP?

Both multi-game playlists (ex. Team Slayer all Halos) and singular game playlists (ex. H2A TS) have been confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Both multi-game playlists (ex. Team Slayer all Halos) and singular game playlists (ex. H2A TS) have been confirmed.

We don't know the exact specifics of what playlists will be available. Any playlist setup we've seen so far are subject to change.

The thing is though. It's hard as hell to play with keyboard and mouse because it has no auto aim. It sounds odd, but people who use controller have an advantage when it comes to getting headshots. I played halo 2 vista with keyboard and mouse and i was getting worked by controller players lol. I will say though that using the mouse for sniping is just ridiculous. U will get a headshot everytime if u use the sniper, but it's really hard to 4 shot kids 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We don't know the exact specifics of what playlists will be available. Any playlist setup we've seen so far are subject to change.

Right, but they have confirmed both multi-Halo playlists and playlists that cater to only one title, correct?

ACCIDENTAL NEG REP, question asker! :( sorry. you can neg rep me if you'd like.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right, but they have confirmed both multi-Halo playlists and playlists that cater to only one title, correct?

ACCIDENTAL NEG REP, question asker! :( sorry. you can neg rep me if you'd like.

I already pos-repped you :) And I wouldn't do that even if I could.

OK This is great news, thanks for the heads up!

• Upvote (+1) 1