CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

OP has a point and it's a reality we should accept that we are playing an inferior gaming system when compared to PC. I don't know why that offends so many people when its said because he is right when he says we can have a better overrall gaming experience for cheaper.

The only thing OP doesn't have going his way is that we don't know if Halo or some console games will come to PC but as far as just gaming in general, PC is the way to go. I'll never understand why that upsets people so much. Nobody is telling you you can't play your console, just realize you can play nearly all of those games on your PC for less and with better performance.

The only benefit I can think of to justify my purchase of the X1 is to get access to MCC and a few console exclusives, but I see no reason to buy any other game on console if PC sells it cheaper. Yeah consoles may occasionally get the release of a game first, but there are so many games on PC to hold you off until that one specific game finally makes its way to PC.

I do however agree with some of the posters and don't think MCC will make its way to PC, or if it did the competitive community would migrate over to it. It's already established its roots on consoles and most people are looking to play it on there.

lol our Gold deals and console benefits are getting DLC before another console which we still have to pay for full price. Meanwhile on PC the Witcher 3 is going for 55 bucks on release and I'm gonna end up paying 65 for it on console on release. Our deals are awful.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's never coming to PC, I have no idea how the PC community has become so delusional. MCC is to push console sales, that logic alone means it will never see the light of day on PC. 

If you want it so bad, $400 is nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's never coming to PC, I have no idea how the PC community has become so delusional. MCC is to push console sales, that logic alone means it will never see the light of day on PC. 

If you want it so bad, $400 is nothing.

Microsoft says it's gonna focus much more on PC now.

Frankie says the PC version of MCC is up to Microsoft.

Derp.

Like I said I'm not expecting it soon. But it will come (I'm guessing Fall of 2015 after it has pushed xboxes) and I'll bump this thread when it's announced.

OS, easy to get cheap if you one of those "pirating OS's isnt safe, blah blah blah". Just for example, Windows 8.1 is like $250 from Moneysoft, and I got MY LEGIT KEY for 50 bucks after doing some solid interwebs surfing and diving. Peripherals can get expensive, I'll admit. But what is the difference between buying a "Designed for gaming" peripherals than buying a Scuf? Peripherals can be pretty cheap to come by on their own anyways.

If you build a pc you dont get anything for periherals. Yeah you can spend more on scufs but you dont get one in the first place on pc so.

If you build a pc you dont get anything for periherals. Yeah you can spend more on scufs but you dont get one in the first place on pc so.

like I said, they can be pretty cheap to come by... Hell, I used a standard IBM keyboard and Microsoft Optical Mouse for the better part of my first 8 years of my PC gaming. The only reason it'll get expensive is because of your ego which is telling you "i need the best mechanical keyboard, i need to razer naga, omgz yololswag".

I want it to come out on pc. More mods and more people. Just filter mm for some games if it becomes a big deal

The only thing OP doesn't have going his way is that we don't know if Halo or some console games will come to PC but as far as just gaming in general, PC is the way to go. I'll never understand why that upsets people so much. Nobody is telling you you can't play your console, just realize you can play nearly all of those games on your PC for less and with better performance.

I don't think people really care that a PC is more power for less. The people that do are the ones who claim to be PC Master Race.

Most people have a problem with someone constantly saying people who play on consoles are dumb for choosing console over PC. It's a constant thing that goes around here. People choose their platform for their own reasons. Some choose PC because they want more power at a cheaper price. Good for them. Others chose a console because they sit on a computer all day at work/school and don't want to do that when they go home. They'd rather just pick up a controller and go. Maybe they like consoles because of nostalgia. I grew up on an NES. I like consoles. Other people maybe don't have the technical prowess to build a PC and just want the package handed to them. Or maybe they want the game when it first comes out because they love the game that is exclusive to the Console and don't want to wait for a PC Port or for an actual PC release. For example, Halo 3 still isn't on PC (to my knowledge). 

For whatever reason people choose their platform, they aren't stupid for it. They do it because it's the choice that makes them happy. So someone coming on the forums and saying the choice that made them happy is a bad choice is what makes a lot of people upset.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What peripherals do you NEED for gaming?  

Headset/mic? Cheaper on PC.

Controllers? Cheaper on PC.

You dont NEED a million dollar mouse & keyboard combo to game comfortably. You of course have the OPTION to upgrade to high tech things unlike on consoles, but it is not necessary, just like it aint necessary to upgrade your rig every year UNLESS you're an extreme enthusiast who wants the absolute best graphics in the highest of resolutions and framerates.

next

Whats with the hostility?

Some people prefer to pay a bit more for things so they don't have to learn about or spend time on it, so they don't have to worry about it. Its how the world works - literally every business runs on the model of selling convenience/time saving in way one or another. Console does this, myself and others appreciate it, whats the problem?

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we get this locked? Went from a somewhat solid discussion to just blatant hate mongering between consoles and pc's. Some of you need to grow up and act like civilized adults. 

Consoles are more ergonomical and socially acceptable. IDGAF about processing power or customisation, just let me sit back in my god damn chair and be comfortable (fk desks, keyboards and mice)

WORD

Devasted.

Now I have to play with Reach Kids....

• Upvote (+1) 4

I love that Reach isn't in MCC. There are already 5 games, which is great, but might split up the audience too much in terms of matchmaking. I'm fearful that if I want my 50 in Team Slayer, I'm gonna have to play all 5 Halos on some shoddy maps.

I hope it comes to PC and I think it will eventually.

The 'Master Race' thing is a good bit of fun, not sure why you guys take it so seriously. There is however an amusing parallel where people will fight tooth and nail for the 'objective superiority' of one Halo games mechanics over another and yet will throw the preference card when it comes to something like this. NahDudeFkThat is brash as Fk but at least consistent throughout. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

True about consistency^

I'm Wilfram. I bought an Xbox One. I accept that my Xbox One is inferior to PC Gaming on a good PC.

That wasn't so hard to say, hah. It's clear as day. NahDude might be a little rough in his retorts, but I don't see how you could make an amazing argument for console gaming as a whole over PC gaming as a whole.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Genuine question:

How many LoL pros use bare minimum specs for their gaming pc?(or say CSGO) I know my current PC can't run LoL worth a damn, which is one of the reasons I don't play the game. It would seem that if you can run the game better than someone else, you automatically have a leg up in PC gaming. Am I wrong? 

If not, I feel like this is why people choose console gaming, everyone is playing on the same hardware, pretty much the only variable is internet speeds. 

<< Console gamer right here. Hoping to get an xbox one in the future. But for now all I play is trials evolution

As for PC gaming, I just don't care enough to pursue it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think people really care that a PC is more power for less.The people that do are the ones who claim to be PC Master Race.

Why are people getting bootyhurt over my posts then lol?

Most people have a problem with someone constantly saying people who play on consoles are dumb for choosing console over PC. It's a constant thing that goes around here. People choose their platform for their own reasons. Some choose PC because they want more power at a cheaper price. Good for them. 

Ridiculous decisions lead to ridicule. I choose to ridicule and inform albeit in an obnoxious way, and I get negged & bitched at for it. I'm 100% OK with that - in fact, find it hilariously amusing (shout out to Lotto).

Others chose a console because they sit on a computer all day at work/school and don't want to do that when they go home.They'd rather just pick up a controller and go.

...you can literally do JUST that with a PC. Don't like looking at a monitor that features a higher refresh rate than your TV (which BTW is far less straining to your eyes/head than a 30hz HDTV/console combo....) anymore for whatever reason (lmao), hook it up to the exact same TV you'd hook the console up to. Have the exact same controller you'd play your console with.

Maybe they like consoles because of nostalgia. I grew up on an NES. I like consoles. Other people maybe don't have the technical prowess to build a PC and just want the package handed to them. Or maybe they want the game when it first comes out because they love the game that is exclusive to the Console and don't want to wait for a PC Port or for an actual PC release. For example, Halo 3 still isn't on PC (to my knowledge). 

For whatever reason people choose their platform, they aren't stupid for it. They do it because it's the choice that makes them happy. So someone coming on the forums and saying the choice that made them happy is a bad choice is what makes a lot of people upset.

Just a bunch of laziness and scumbag-enabling BS right here. Your post is well-put but misguided and ignorant. You guys' incompetence feed these scumbag lazy devs that hinder gaming as a whole.

Because of people like you, a game like Crysis 1 (2007) features more destructible environments than most games out today (2014).

Sit and think about that shit real quick.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5