CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

who likes reach? goldpro and MLG were good but they were trying to emulate h2 an h3 and were not what reach is. so am i dissapointed? no because now we have the real thing.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Even as good as ZBNS was, I'm not at all bothered by it being excluded. Fact is the on-disc maps for that game were atrocious. I still to this day have no idea why people like Countdown; it's the best on-disc map in the game, but that isn't saying much.

And aside from that, the rest of the good, playable maps were all boring gray Forge maps.

No thanks...

• Upvote (+1) 1

shout out to those who showed love, and to those who support the H1orGTFO movement real quick

seriously when is footage of H1/H3 coming out? since i pretty much grew up with H3 i can't say I'm not a bit excited to seeing how it looks and plays on dedis at [email protected]

but i cant let nostalgia blind me from the fact that H1 is the best Halo

I'm fine with it. Less bad maps in the rotation. If it was up to me, Halo 4 wouldn't be in the game either.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm fine with it. Less bad maps in the rotation. If it was up to me, Halo 4 wouldn't be in the game either.

The only thing H4 is good for at this point is building maps (which I love to do as well), but since they're including an even better / more elaborate Forge for H2:A, I couldn't care less about Halo 4ge after November 11th.

shout out to those who showed love, and to those who support the H1orGTFO movement real quick

seriously when is footage of H1/H3 coming out? since i pretty much grew up with H3 i can't say I'm not a bit excited to seeing how it looks and plays on dedis at [email protected]

but i cant let nostalgia blind me from the fact that H1 is the best Halo

They KIND of showed H3 already. Though, we couldn't really see the benefits of the 1080p/60fps though, cause the video was heavily compressed and only 30fps :/

But I agree... I want to see H1-3 at 1080p/60fps. H2:A is nice and all, but I definitely want to see how those games are affected by the upgrade. Especially since they're going into H3 and improving the lighting engine & shaders, which will also make quite a noticeable difference.

Halo 4 Forge was a joke anyways. It was hyped up as being Reach forge on steroids and letting the creator have endless possibilities, but then they gave us small spaces to forge on and the exact same pieces as there were in Reach. The only thing they really did well was add multiple maps to forge on. The magnet thing they added barely worked half the time and created uneven connections. I had plenty of great ideas that I couldn't bring to fruition because the entire thing was so limited. 

If they didn't include a new force in H2A, then there would be no reason to forge in the MCC imo. A new forge was a must for this collection because Reach had the best forging experience and they (thankfully) didn't include Reach in the series. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 Forge was a joke anyways. It was hyped up as being Reach forge on steroids and letting the creator have endless possibilities, but then they gave us small spaces to forge on and the exact same pieces as there were in Reach. The only thing they really did well was add multiple maps to forge on. The magnet thing they added barely worked half the time and created uneven connections. I had plenty of great ideas that I couldn't bring to fruition because the entire thing was so limited. 

If they didn't include a new force in H2A, then there would be no reason to forge in the MCC imo. A new forge was a must for this collection because Reach had the best forging experience and they (thankfully) didn't include Reach in the series. 

I disagree. While Halo 4's Forge is far from perfect, I can build maps quicker and better-looking in Halo 4 than I can in Reach.

In terms of how the maps play, that is irrelevant, as both Forges are capable of making maps that play really well; that is something that is more dependent on the design / designer.

My only gripes with H4's Forge is the precise movement was omitted (there's a way around that though; some trickery, if you know how to manipulate it), and the frame rate issues when using a majority / all of the budget on anything other than Forge Island.

Aside from that, the only issues it has are the same Reach has: textures kind of suck, limitations due to pieces available, and the fact that you can only use a finite amount of block pieces and still not even come close to half the budget, forcing you to take the time to manipulate other pieces to ACT like block pieces (which is a pain in the ass).

But all in all, I'd rather use H4's Forge than Reach's, without question.

I disagree. While Halo 4's Forge is far from perfect, I can build maps quicker and better-looking in Halo 4 than I can in Reach.

In terms of how the maps play, that is irrelevant, as both Forges are capable of making maps that play really well; that is something that is more dependent on the design / designer.

My only gripes with H4's Forge is the precise movement was omitted (there's a way around that though; some trickery, if you know how to manipulate it), and the frame rate issues when using a majority / all of the budget on anything other than Forge Island.

Aside from that, the only issues it has are the same Reach has: textures kind of suck, limitations due to pieces available, and the fact that you can only use a finite amount of block pieces and still not even come close to half the budget, forcing you to take the time to manipulate other pieces to ACT like block pieces (which is a pain in the ass).

But all in all, I'd rather use H4's Forge than Reach's, without question.

Making a map that plays well wasn't hard in H3 either, but it was more time consuming, required breaking the map a bit to get the pieces to phase through the walls and what not and was a beginners attempt at map creation. Halo Reach built upon those things whereas H4 removed things, made the canvases much smaller than in Forge World and didn't add much in the way of new features.

The best thing I feel H4 added was the ability to duplicate pieces at the press of a button and to lock pieces into place. That's about it. There was no undo, you couldn't lock pieces together and move them in unison, or any of the other features that people asked for. I'm not saying it was terrible because it lacked those features they should have implemented, but 1) they just made excuses for not adding them in, and 2) they didn't innovate upon their previous iteration enough to make it better after they shrank the canvas and removed other things. 

I guess it's just a matter of opinion for the toolsets that come with each of them really, so to each their own. I just prefer the large space of Forge World and the lack of rendering when transitioning form edit to play mode. Forge Island was just too plain and flat to be interesting or of any use to me. Hopefully H2A Forge puts an end to any discussion on which one the best is. I feel it will based on the few things I have heard. I haven't heard much because I come here for the majority of my Forge news and this isn't exactly a Forge crazy community lol. 

Making a map that plays well wasn't hard in H3 either, but it was more time consuming, required breaking the map a bit to get the pieces to phase through the walls and what not and was a beginners attempt at map creation. Halo Reach built upon those things whereas H4 removed things, made the canvases much smaller than in Forge World and didn't add much in the way of new features.

The best thing I feel H4 added was the ability to duplicate pieces at the press of a button and to lock pieces into place. That's about it. There was no undo, you couldn't lock pieces together and move them in unison, or any of the other features that people asked for. I'm not saying it was terrible because it lacked those features they should have implemented, but 1) they just made excuses for not adding them in, and 2) they didn't innovate upon their previous iteration enough to make it better after they shrank the canvas and removed other things. 

I guess it's just a matter of opinion for the toolsets that come with each of them really, so to each their own. I just prefer the large space of Forge World and the lack of rendering when transitioning form edit to play mode. Forge Island was just too plain and flat to be interesting or of any use to me. Hopefully H2A Forge puts an end to any discussion on which one the best is. I feel it will based on the few things I have heard. I haven't heard much because I come here for the majority of my Forge news and this isn't exactly a Forge crazy community lol. 

Dude, H4 definitely SHOULD have been a lot of things it wasn't. I don't hold anyone personally responsible for that, because the things they DID add in were good (if in need of refinement). I therefore don't consider it to be "a joke"; It has its drawbacks, just like Reach's Forge does.

However, I can make maps quicker and better looking in Halo 4 than I can in Reach. So while it's not everything it SHOULD have been (like the rest of the game), I still find it more than usable. Not to mention the fact that it lays the groundwork for H2:A / H5 Forge to be great. I mean, we already know the precision movement tool is coming back, as is zoom, and they're also improving things like magnets, skybox-only environments with a lot of room to Forge, and something called "scripted objects" which I can only assume means we can make use of moving / interactive objects. I'm sure group-selections will also make its way in there, as that is a very popular demand.

Dude, H4 definitely SHOULD have been a lot of things it wasn't. I don't hold anyone personally responsible for that, because the things they DID add in were good (if in need of refinement). I therefore don't consider it to be "a joke"; It has its drawbacks, just like Reach's Forge does.

However, I can make maps quicker and better looking in Halo 4 than I can in Reach. So while it's not everything it SHOULD have been (like the rest of the game), I still find it more than usable. Not to mention the fact that it lays the groundwork for H2:A / H5 Forge to be great. I mean, we already know the precision movement tool is coming back, as is zoom, and they're also improving things like magnets, skybox-only environments with a lot of room to Forge, and something called "scripted objects" which I can only assume means we can make use of moving / interactive objects. I'm sure group-selections will also make its way in there, as that is a very popular demand.

All things that people wanted before H4 came out, yet none of them came to be. Someone said in a different thread or at least a post, Halo 4 may have been a necessary evil in order for Halo to get to where it appears to be headed right now. Why did they ignore them in the first place? H4 flopping on all levels may have lead to them finally listening to their community unlike Bungie. 

H4 Forge, just like the rest of the game, was a complete under achievement. It didn't innovate anything other than locking pieces and duplicating single pieces. It didn't lay down anything that wasn't put in place by H:R. Editable trait zones = joke. No real use comes from those in a map that is supposed to have competitive merit. (By competitive I'm using the usualy Bungie competitive of Match Making competitive. Not MLG competitive.)

Being able to build maps faster and make them look better comes with time when you forge. I'm a better forger now than when I was playing Reach, but that doesn't mean that H4 system is better. The systems are so very close to being similar minus a few things like precision coordinates and zoom, add duplication and magnets, and I would hope you can create things faster. You've had practice with it since Reach came out in 2010. 

Everything in H4 had an easy opportunity to be the greatest Halo since H3, but everything was a complete fuck up. The core of H4 was good with the hit registration, but it had clunky mechanics, then throw the AAs on top of that with sprint and the other things everyone already knows about, they put in Spartan Ops which was dumb and then they removed some basic parts of forge while adding in things that didn't do a whole lot to help when they had people telling them exactly what they wanted. H4 forge, like the rest of the game was a huge let down to the majority of the community. 

On topic though, if there was anything from H:R that I would have wanted to be in the MCC, it would have been Forge, but since MCC has it's own now, and it sounds like it is going to be better, I'm not upset in the slightest that H:R isn't in the collection. 

who likes reach? goldpro and MLG were good but they were trying to emulate h2 an h3 and were not what reach is. so am i dissapointed? no because now we have the real thing.

nope....gp was trying to emulate h1

Reach NBNS was a GREAT game to play as/on a team with. The game had its mechanical flaws, but overall it was more playable/enjoyable (at least for me) then Halo 3 online (Again im talking strictly NBNS). I acknowledge that H3 was the better Lan tournament game, But i, and most others are strictly online players, and Reach >>> H3 online.

With all that said though. Halo reach wasn't a story based on the Master Chief, so it doesn't belong in the "Mast chief collection"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is anyone else worried that their performance in MCC multiplayer will be hindered by going back and forth from game to game? The mechanics in each game are very different. I know if I'm playing hours of Halo 3 and all the sudden I want to play H2 Classic, it's gonna take me a few matches to get back in the rhythm.

Is anyone else worried that their performance in MCC multiplayer will be hindered by going back and forth from game to game? The mechanics in each game are very different. I know if I'm playing hours of Halo 3 and all the sudden I want to play H2 Classic, it's gonna take me a few matches to get back in the rhythm.

Halo 3 is awkward to switch to, but no.

I dont plan on going back and fourth between games  :gandhi:

#h2tillidie

But really, no. I already jump from halo to halo each day. I have no issues.

Great to hear. I suppose the first few days are goong to be unavoidably sorta weird playing all the Halos in their new condition on XB1, but that's a hiderance that I'm okay with.

Looking forward to selling my 360 and never looking back.

Also I plan on playing a little of everything that MCC has to offer / also depends on what my friend's are playing..

Probably H2A and H2 and yes Halo 3 till my hands bleed.

My level of hype of this game is Very High

Born and raised. I live in Northport behind the Zaxby's and Shell. Across from Winn-Dixie.

That's awesome. Small world after all

Sniper "bloom" is just to show plebs when they can fire again, you cannot fire while it's in the middle of the reticle reset.

Depends how they do it. If it's a carbon copy of Halo 4 then you won't be able to. Halo: Reach's sniper let you fire before the bloom reset if you double tapped Y to cancel a reload.
  • Upvote (+1) 2