CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Even though NBNS Reach is fun, I honestly don't care because I have H1+H2 to play. They could have put My Little Pony: Island Adventures in the MCC and I wouldn't care.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If there was a 60fps, 1080p, dedi version of Reach I probably wouldn't play the others for a while. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sometimes you can have too much. Reach being in there would be too many games for me, Id rather have a remade version of it to look forward to in the future.

MASTER CHIEF Collection

I don't remember playing as Master Chief in Halo Reach.

He has a cameo/easter egg appearance - look right when entering the Pillar of Autumn in the cutscene after getting picked up from the MAC Cannon and the camera will pan over the the Chief in his cryo tube.

Anyway, I'd rather have Reach than either Halo 3 or 4 in the collection (I'd trade them both off to be perfectly honest). It would be an opportunity to start fresh with the game and introduce a new default; one more in line with the faster and more accurate first two core Halo games. Plus, an improved frame rate (and presumably draw distance thanks to the more powerful hardware) would do wonders for the game on every level.

You in the ttown area?

Born and raised. I live in Northport behind the Zaxby's and Shell. Across from Winn-Dixie.

Not sure how much will be going on in CT. It would be sick if VGAWorldWide would open up again (haven't seen anything new about it so I'm assuming it's closed), but I've gone down to northern NJ for tournaments and stuff, and I'd be willing to do that again. 

Milk and I might be no-shows, but we would obviously tell him ahead of time. We just wanted to reserve our spots for this one just incase. Milk apparently still LANS frequently and says there might be on the same weekend in NY with a lot of good players going. We're more likely to go to that since it's closer and better competition, IF that happens. I don't think it will so I'm pretty committed to this. Besides, I'd rather have a legit set-up than a bootleg one.

One thing that will suck for LAN on xbox one is that you're completely limited to games on XB1. I have been to some very nice LANs where we were able to take break and play some Unreal Championship and even Shadowrun at one lan. What I would give to LAN shadowrun...

There will definitely be fighting games, and Smash 3DS will be a month old so there's that to look forward to lol.  I'd definitely like to play some Shadowrun or Murder Miners or something.

Well, if there is one Halo title i wouldn't mind leaving to the past it's probably Reach. I know, NBNS was fun and all, but i don't see a lot of reasons to play it over CE and 2, and despite being a good single player game, it completely fucks up the canon of the battle of Reach (you guys probably don't care all that much about it but i liked the original novel from Nylud).

Still, i would like to see the return of Invasion and Headhunter at some point. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly fucking glad, I hate that game, and the people who play it. They just chase and jetpack and do so much stupid shit. I cant wait to see them get shit on in MCC and ragequit back to reach where they excel with jetpack. smh

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Moa gets it! Fuck 343 and everything they do, even if it's stuff we want.

Talking like a true halo kid.

Damn right.

well you can play with your noobish nade indicators and nade markers and screen shake at 60fps all you want. I like to play Halo 2 on a CRT better, so fuck xbox one and it's hdmi-only bullshit.

2014 called, wanted to say fuck you!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm indifferent to whether or not it's included. I'd probably love NBNS in 60 fps and I like Gold's idea of them just calling it The Halo Collection, but it's whatevs. I'm not sweating it. 

Sometimes you can have too much. Reach being in there would be too many games for me, Id rather have a remade version of it to look forward to in the future.

I really hope they don't try and make a HRA in 2021  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly fucking glad, I hate that game, and the people who play it. They just chase and jetpack and do so much stupid shit. I cant wait to see them get shit on in MCC and ragequit back to reach where they excel with jetpack. smh

default reach is hilariously bad....play the mlg playlist brah

• Upvote (+1) 3