CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You guys should each adopt a noob and play 2v2's against each other.  If they're receptive to learning, that could be a fun way to have fun with different skilled players.  It'd be kind of like a race to teach them and get them up to speed.  Could be fun.

We do it with a more casual approach. We lan Halo just for the memories and good times, then we switch it up to some Horde in GOW and some zombies in COD or a fighting game. It's basically just an all around gaming lan nothing too competitive or anything.

It's still a lot of fun though but I don't think anyone goes there with the mindset of wanting to learn or get better at Halo, which sucks because playing some competitive 4v4 Halo lan has always been a dream of mine.

huh, I forgot about XB1 and PS4 not working w/ CRTs.

I guess it was inevitable.  they're not as common, meaning it's just another little thing to add to a console that might not seem like much individually, but would add up a whole lot in the long run.  and this way devs don't have to worry about supporting as many display modes, which led to issues with text size and such last gen.

Fuck 343 for giving us 60fps on Halo CE, 2, 3, 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary.

Fuck them so much.

Dropping the cuntness - all five games will be running at 1080p and 60fps using dedicated servers. This includes Halo 2 Classic. 

But if you still want to stay in 2004 and play 30fps Halo on your big ass square TV, be my guest. 

i just want to play halo 1 online with my big ass square tv though.

well actually tbh it's smaller than a monitor, just weighs more.

huh, I forgot about XB1 and PS4 not working w/ CRTs.

I guess it was inevitable.  they're not as common, meaning it's just another little thing to add to a console that might not seem like much individually, but would add up a whole lot in the long run.  and this way devs don't have to worry about supporting as many display modes, which led to issues with text size and such last gen.

wiiu has it tho. every1 in smash lucked out there

wiiu has it tho. every1 in smash lucked out there

I guess that's one of the cases of nintendo being behind in their tech focus that actually helps some people out.

can't people hook up low input lag PC monitors to an Xbox One, by the way?

I guess that's one of the cases of nintendo being behind in their tech focus that actually helps some people out.

can't people hook up low input lag PC monitors to an Xbox One, by the way?

low input lag =/= lagless. also i dont feel like excluding a feature  is an advance in tech especially when the older system had both

and ppl  saying the game is going to be more responsive b/c of 60fps. no it wont cuz ur monitor is going to lag a frame now

low input lag =/= lagless. also i dont feel like excluding a feature  is an advance in tech especially when the older system had both

and ppl  saying the game is going to be more responsive b/c of 60fps. no it wont cuz ur monitor is going to lag a frame now

I'm only jokingly referring to it as an "advance" because the current consoles moved away from it.

and I'm not saying a pc monitor is a replacement for a CRT, but it's better than nothing.

The game will be obectively more responsive at 60FPS if you're comparing it to how it would be through HDMI at 30fps, which is what most people are doing, I think.  

even though i'll never really notice those extra miliseconds, it's definitely unfortunate that a compromise like that was made for this gen.  hopefully the cheaper redesigns of the PS4/XB1 allow for CRTs again.

Yea generally Roti and I have our own teams and we disperse the players by skill level. If he's not there generally I just lose a player in my team lol. H1 2v2s are generally a slaughter too if the other team doesn't have a good player. The whole thing is more casual based than anything serious.

@@Roti I can probably give you info on upcoming LANs in our area once they start happening since I know most of the players. It's dead (kind of) right now but when MCC is out it might be good.

I just hope the Halo scene in London kicks off and there's the possibility of some good LANs nearby

Yeah, fuck Microsoft and 343 for giving us 60fps. Fuck them for giving us something we've wanted since 2007. Fuck them.

Moa gets it! Fuck 343 and everything they do, even if it's stuff we want.

Talking like a true halo kid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doubleshots will be harder to pull off due to the increased FPS. High level rankings will probably be easier to obtain due to less rampant cheating (altho still harder than H3 I would imagine). Superbouncing I think will be hit or miss, probably much different if I had to guess.

Oh shit! Didn't know they had a site or lan.. Good looks man I'll definitely be going to that one and try to get some H1 guys to come with. It's about a 2+ hour drive for me considering I'm like 15 mins out of NYC.

Think you'll go to that lan?

I'd like to go, Meg and I are Halo friends from way back and actually were just talking about throwing a LAN sometime in the near future. I'd love to meet Hitzel in person too.

I'll definitely be throwing LANS in the Harrisburg (PA) area at my house frequently when MCC drops.

I'd like to go, Meg and I are Halo friends from way back and actually were just talking about throwing a LAN sometime in the near future. I'd love to meet Hitzel in person too.

I'll definitely be throwing LANS in the Harrisburg (PA) area at my house frequently when MCC drops.

The list was capped at 20 and I had just got him to add Milk to the list. I don't think he'd mind more players, but I know Milk is also trying to get Hanz and Pistol which would be amazing talent wise. I would LOVE to play against them in Halo CE 2v2s against them. The Nerd Palace has 8 xbox ones and 8 monitors, so I know there's gonna be a lot of downtimes. I had e-mailed him about additional stations and he plans on crossing that bridge closer to LAN.

Yeah, I'm not a stalker but I remember you and Meg are friends. Infact when I read the list I was shocked to see her name and some other old names. I remember you guys on the MLG forums back in the day since I would check both the PA and NJ thread. Crazy to see h2 princess as well, and then a bunch of other h3 names.

I could possibly make it out for some LANS, especially Halo CE ones if you host. I'm about 2-3 hours away from you so it's not too bad as long as we get plenty of games in. I'm also bringing my capture card and stuff but idk how it will work with Xbox ones considering you can stream from them.

In the past Kevin has been okay with going over the limit because there are always no-shows.  Not sure if he's feeling the same way this time because the hype for MC will probably lead to less no-shows.  It's worth a try at the least.

Milk and I might be no-shows, but we would obviously tell him ahead of time. We just wanted to reserve our spots for this one just incase. Milk apparently still LANS frequently and says there might be on the same weekend in NY with a lot of good players going. We're more likely to go to that since it's closer and better competition, IF that happens. I don't think it will so I'm pretty committed to this. Besides, I'd rather have a legit set-up than a bootleg one.

One thing that will suck for LAN on xbox one is that you're completely limited to games on XB1. I have been to some very nice LANs where we were able to take break and play some Unreal Championship and even Shadowrun at one lan. What I would give to LAN shadowrun...

I hope this hasn't been a topic before, so I'm wondering about the exclusion of Reach in Halo Master Chief Collection?

Personally, I don't mind that much and I respect their reasons. Halo Reach seems to be a Love/Hate thing in the competitive community, and even casual to some respects. Reach had more haters than lovers, and 343 probably doesn't feel the need to be redesigning a game that not all players liked. Both Halo 4 and Reach were released relatively recently, but H4 is 343's game and they want to promote it, as well as it containing Master Chief in the story. Reach however, was not originally 343's game, and they don't feel the need to promote players to use it on MCC.

Those are just my thoughts anyway, how do you feel about Reach not being in the Master Chief Collection?

:Halo:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

MASTER CHIEF Collection

I don't remember playing as Master Chief in Halo Reach.

I know, I'm posting this as a response to people that are annoyed by the decision, and just for discussion (:

• Upvote (+1) 1

MASTER CHIEF Collection

I don't remember playing as Master Chief in Halo Reach.

I did in firefight ;) well with his voice.

Meh it's understandable due too title of game but they could of easy added it and called it The Halo Collection. THC?? Imagine..

Would be neat too have it Imo. Nbns reach In 60fps yes pls!!

Also the easy answer too this thread is I'm glad fuck reach!! It killed halo Yooo!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Being able to play NB/NS on 60fps and with dedicated servers would have been awesome, but I feel like they wanted to focus on the MC to keep everything consistent. Even the Reach campaign had its own style compared to the previous games so I guess this all makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

inb4 Halo essentials collection that includes Halo 3 ODST, Reach, and Halo Wars. Would still buy it because  :Halo:

• Upvote (+1) 5

inb4 Halo essentials collection that includes Halo 3 ODST, Reach, and Halo Wars. Would still buy it because  :Halo:

Yeah, something like that is kinda inevitable for the next 2-3 years.