CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

as of right now: Krazi frog

Will be making a new GT for MCC/H5. Probably back to Humpflung something. 

Good thread! 

GT: The Puppy

Definitely need more Halo people to add   :frankerz:

I think 343s artstyle is fucking awesome.

Aside from the sheer amount of character & vehicle redesigns I agree. Love their environments (questionable lense flare aside).

The FOV of H2 is either going to get better or get worse, simply due to the transition between 4:3 and 16:9. 

I don't recall H2V having any FOV issues when using a 16:9 aspect ratio. 

Played Vista at a friends today for the first time. Took me all of 2 minutes to get the timing of glitches down. Double shot definitely feels like you have to do it faster because of the increase in FPS. BXR feels like it has to be done slower. Feels easier to hit x to soon and cancel your beatdowns. I expect MCC to be similar.

Only major difference i noticed from all the XBC ive played lately; When shooting up at someone at any vertical angle, The head hit boxs seems nonexistent. It is like completely impossible to 4/5 shot someone looking up at them. Definitely not the case in classic Live H2 or XBC H2. Really hoping this isn't a issue come MCC. you're fighting up at people SO OFTEN in H2.

Many of the wall glitches seem less effective as well. Especially both Middy P2 wall glitches, and both the pillar wall glitches on warlock in each flag/base. Could this be because Vista is in 1080p so pixels have moved? I think this could play a pretty major roll come MCC. Many of the casuals/lesser knowledgeable & lesser experienced in High level H2 don't realize how big of a roll the wall glitches played in controlling specific power positions. Especially the 2 mentioned above. More then anything, i'm interested in how 1080p is going to effect pixels used for cover & wall glitches.

People always ask me after H2 middy FFA's how i can stay P2 all game and rarely die/am impossible to kill. Middy wall glitchen all day . You can't 4 shot me when you're shooting walls all day.  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Too bad the Wii U version won't be out until after MCC.

I'm getting it for 3DS.  I don't have a WiiU, but maybe I'll get one later down the line.

GT: MedalpiXel

Feel free to add me for customs and FFA maybe some Team Slayer here and there.

GT: TBRNER

I dont have room right now on my list but when xb1 comes out Im going to try my best to become a human custom finder

I don't recall H2V having any FOV issues when using a 16:9 aspect ratio. 

Well, go play H2V and take a screenshot from a certain spot, then go play regular H2 and take a picture of the exact same vantage. 

I think the bottom line for me is That I'd pay $60 for a Halo 2 rerelease for Xbox One, let alone the entire Master Chief Collection. Easy decision for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still blows my mind that it's only $60. 343i could have easily jacked the price up to $100 and I probably wouldn't have complained.

When I see complaints about H2A, I think it's important to reiterate a couple of things.

1) What we have seen is a work in progress. Things we complain about here can and will be fixed up by launch thanks to 343i's relationship with the community.

2) If H2A turns out to be bad or just not your thing, you have Halo 1-4 multiplayer on 1080p/60fps with dedi's at your fingertips.

I just changed my gamertag to HD Simplicityy, so add me if you wish. I want to reinvent myself as a Halo player by learning Halo CE and Halo 2...I have Halo 3 down, but I want to get better at it and Halo 4 is easy to get used to. Im an okay player but I would love to get better and find more fun with better players!