CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just now, Basu said:

Probably not. Nothing came out of the abysmal 2014 launch and 343 was confident enough to do it again for MCC PC because no one sued them.

Am I missing something here? The PC releases were not bad. They’re not the most optimized PC games (unlike H3, honestly) but nothing compared to the first launch. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, GoldenboyFTW said:

Am I missing something here? The PC releases were not bad. They’re not the most optimized PC games (unlike H3, honestly) but nothing compared to the first launch. 

Eh they still suck. And in terms of optimization they’re not bad at all(ok to be fair I have a very good pc so that doesn’t say much) it’s just the fact they have issues most pc players refuse to accept, and in h3s case it’s the abysmal hit reg. Lol that guys a fool. There’s no way in hell you could sue 343 for “false advertisement” because you wouldn’t be able to prove shit. If you took a video of OG Xbox h1 and mcc h1 and showed it to a judge he wouldn’t be able to tell a difference.

1 hour ago, GoldenboyFTW said:

We're still waiting for the audio fix for Reach, 8 months later. Viewmodels in Reach and H2A make the game quite literally unplayable on centered. We still can't use file share on PC, let alone save more than 50 items across all games (lul). The game still has a shit ton of optimization issues and crashes frequently for certain hardware configurations. CE launched in a shit state and never got fixed (we got skins though broooo). H2 launched in a hilariously shit state with the projectile glitch. All the games so far have been rushed pieces of garbage with 343 cutting corners left and right to somehow get them out. I don't know what to tell you man, this was again an intentionally rushed release in every way possible. Yes I aknowledge it isn't as bad as MCC2014, but then again what game is? Not really a good standard to live by.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Eh they still suck. And in terms of optimization they’re not bad at all(ok to be fair I have a very good pc so that doesn’t say much) it’s just the fact they have issues most pc players refuse to accept, and in h3s case it’s the abysmal hit reg. Lol that guys a fool. There’s no way in hell you could sue 343 for “false advertisement” because you wouldn’t be able to prove shit. If you took a video of OG Xbox h1 and mcc h1 and showed it to a judge he wouldn’t be able to tell a difference.

Misleading your playerbase can really take a toll on your games longevity. Take a look at The Last Of Us, most recently. Their player base took a huge hit after the games release because of Naughty Dog deceptive gameplay towards Joel. Naughty Dog could become the next 343 if they make another mistake like they did on TLOU2.

In terms of suing for your money back. It's just 50$. Return the game and call it a day.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Misleading your playerbase can really take a toll on your games longevity. Take a look at The Last Of Us, most recently. Their player base took a huge hit after the games release because of Naughty Dog deceptive gameplay towards Joel. Naughty Dog could become the next 343 if they make another mistake like they did on TLOU2.

In terms of suing for your money back. It's just 50$. Return the game and call it a day.

Yeah that doesn’t apply after you’ve played the game for more than two hours. Steam would tell you to fuck off sinve you played longer than the return agreement. I can’t speak for Windows store. Overall I think that’s a fair system where it’s based on game time. 

1 hour ago, Basu said:

We're still waiting for the audio fix for Reach, 8 months later. Viewmodels in Reach and H2A make the game quite literally unplayable on centered. We still can't use file share on PC, let alone save more than 50 items across all games (lul). The game still has a shit ton of optimization issues and crashes frequently for certain hardware configurations. CE launched in a shit state and never got fixed (we got skins though broooo). H2 launched in a hilariously shit state with the projectile glitch. All the games so far have been rushed pieces of garbage with 343 cutting corners left and right to somehow get them out. I don't know what to tell you man, this was again an intentionally rushed release in every way possible. Yes I aknowledge it isn't as bad as MCC2014, but then again what game is? Not really a good standard to live by.

Is there still no official way to use forge in PC Reach btw?

Also despite it running on 60fps it has massive frame-time inconsistency, I am not sure why everybody sees those games through rose tinted glasses, I get nostalgia but those games just don't feel well made and more like ports to make a little cash, that's why everything happens in slow motion when it comes to development.
MCC just never lived up to what it claimed to be, console or PC version, we don't even have a server browser which is something many indie games on steam ship with so you can play your own settings and mods and have people join.
Sure the original games didn't have a server browser but it's 2020 and you charge money for games I already bought twice (original 360 and MCC on xbox one) - so I expect more than a buggy port that gets some features the original game launched with every half year...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Toastomgi said:

TLOU2 was incredible. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has anyone else had the problem where they cannot pickup weapons in CE, and zooming and switching weapons is glitchy as heck?

4 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Is there still no official way to use forge in PC Reach btw?

It's coming with Halo 3 next week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Still gonna stick to my theory that the whole 2018 update "MCC is totally fixed guys" and "Guys look we put MCC on PC isn't that cool" shit was pure optics and damage control/testing waters for Infinite

• Like (+1) 2

The difference between 2014 release and PC release is that I wouldn't have been surprised if I queued hardcore in 2014 and loaded into Domination on Crash from CoD4 instead. The bugs we get now aren't good but they're inconsequential compared to the bullshit that was experienced during the original release.

On MCC release I somehow when searching in H2A backed out then started my own custom on damnation to try and "reset" the game and instead it pulled all of the people it had tried to connect me to during my MM search into a 16 man FFA on Damnation with plasma pistols. It was fucking wild in 2014

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FukOffMyPlanet3 said:

Result of Integrity devoid Social Posture Marxism design.

Something tells me you don't know what any of this really means.

• Like (+1) 8

On 7/7/2020 at 5:48 AM, Hard Way said:

Up until May, you could aim with the edge of your reticle and get reliable magnetism most of the time. Now, you don’t get that magnetism, and you need to aim with the middle of your reticle. Sounds great, right? Well, now shots just go wherever the fuck they want. There’s no consistency. Gauging a proper lead is impossible.

TLDR my average shots to kill is like 3 shots higher.

Ugh, dopes. Sounds delightful. 

Pretty awesome how they will fix the H3 Hit-Reg a few months after it releases on PC so 95% of the people who play it don't care anymore. 

From the way I read the recent development update they want to have flights with Hit Registration changes before changing anything with it (ie. they are going to initially ship the game in a knowingly janky state.)

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

TLOU2 was incredible. 

Tell this guy. 

2 hours ago, NAK said:

Pretty awesome how they will fix the H3 Hit-Reg a few months after it releases on PC so 95% of the people who play it don't care anymore. 

From the way I read the recent development update they want to have flights with Hit Registration changes before changing anything with it (ie. they are going to initially ship the game in a knowingly janky state.)

Imagine if we had a company in charge that was willing to learn from past mistakes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Rick said:

Has anyone else had the problem where they cannot pickup weapons in CE, and zooming and switching weapons is glitchy as heck?

On 3/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, Gobias said:

Is H1 singleplayer on PC supposed to be decent? I’m getting visual glitches when scoping and can’t pick up weapons. Didn’t see a repository of known bugs for PC specifically, but I didn’t look that hard either. 

I had the same issues. Great to hear it’s not fixed yet. Could be a hardware specific bug since it doesn’t seem too common. I got through 1.5 campaign levels before calling it quits.

EDIT: @Rick I just tried again after that first time a few months ago, and the issues appear to be fixed for me. My keyboard bindings were all reset, though. You might want to check if there's an update available.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

The difference between 2014 release and PC release is that I wouldn't have been surprised if I queued hardcore in 2014 and loaded into Domination on Crash from CoD4 instead. The bugs we get now aren't good but they're inconsequential compared to the bullshit that was experienced during the original release.

On MCC release I somehow when searching in H2A backed out then started my own custom on damnation to try and "reset" the game and instead it pulled all of the people it had tried to connect me to during my MM search into a 16 man FFA on Damnation with plasma pistols. It was fucking wild in 2014

I remember searching social 4v4 and winding up in an H2 FFA already in progress in custom games. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

I remember searching social 4v4 and winding up in an H2 FFA already in progress in custom games. 

You guys were getting games back then?!  

I dont think I was able to load into my first match in MCC until mid 2015 no foolies.

The current bugs in MCC severely hurt the playability of the game. 2014 MCC was another thing entirely, though. There's clips of people trying to load into matchmaking games and somehow ending up in a campaign cutscene

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would be sick if 343 restored bump mapping in Halo 1 campaign to its original functionality. More pressing matters unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 1

iight I see 343 will be streaming a " first-look at MCC's upcoming features, including Halo 3 on PC, tomorrow at 1pm PT. "

All I want is a crosshair resize option to address the disparity between giant crosshair size and tiny player sizes at high fov.

Like how can anyone look at this and not see an issue, is anyone here capable of convincing someone from 343 to work on this? Please lol

So many other competitive pc fps games have a crosshair resize option because of this, It's almost an industry standard for pc competitive fps games at this point lol

ktMEdLs.jpg

• Like (+1) 4