CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I know this is OT, but look at all the new members joining on the forum!!! That's what I like to see!

It will be up to the Halo CE community to make Halo CE 2v2 attractive to tournament organizers and to new players, no amount of elitism and bashing on the 95 percent of the Halo audience who have never played serious Halo CE will help your cause. Everyone knows H2/H3 are way more popular games and will be the main 4v4 Halo titles, but it would be nice if tournament organizers included Halo CE 2v2 as well because it is a great competitive game and a 2v2-focused game is pretty interesting compared to everything else right now in the shooter realm.

Quoted for truth.

CE elitists (CE is my fave game, btw) need to get over themselves and put in the work necessary if they want to grow the CE scene. Take ogre 2. Regularly runs CE lans, streams on Twitch, and doesn't call every other Halo game a pile of dogshit like some people on these forums. He puts in work to help the CE scene, while some people here sit around and bitch about how Halo [insert number here] will never match the almighty CE.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Exactly. No work ethic. You will make ZERO content and wonder why nobody cares, nobody is hyped, and why nobody will be playing. 

And somebody made a good point. Why the hell are you not on CE PC? The community there is pretty big still. People are playing and enjoying it. You're always on here "PC FLEXING" Everybody. So why are you not on there getting people together for events and having fun? Is it because you're lazy? How about online events? No? Then what is your purpose on this forum? To do nothing but bash people who love this series and anybody who isn't sucking CE off is peasant trash? All you do is nag and cry. I have not once seen you post anything productive on this forum and how anybody outside the CE scientist can stand you is mind boggling. 

You're angry because people don't care about what you prefer to play. LOL SORRY

Don't know what you want to hear from us. I would suggest getting some CE events going and quick. Because unless you guys get the hype train going, nobody is going to even think twice about going to a half assed event put together by mongoloids with a shitty cynical attitude. You'll attract nobody when acting like this and that is why nobody cares and why I could care less. If you actually made constructive post on why CE is important for Halo and why it needs to be focused on, then people would listen. 

But nope. Actually being able to function like a civilized human being and hold a conversation is obviously too difficult for a socially inept reject such as yourself. 

You can get all your CE buddies on here and neg rep me til the cows come home, but it won't change the fact people like you make CE look bad and that is why nobody wants to play it. 

As of now, I will ignore you and pretty much everybody else needs to do the same. You bring nothing of value to this forum.

gQFN3.gif

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

tumblr_md42dow0sv1r5x5zu.gif

yall can say Im mad, bootyhurt, obnoxious, whatever

long as no one says I'm wrong. B)  :goat:   :goat:  :goat:  :goat:   B) 

:salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

• Downvote (-1) 2

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

Sad part is, and I made it perfectly clear, I didn't want to hit the TKO. But some people need to hear the truth when they keep asking for it. Cynical douchebaggery in this community needs to stop. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly. No work ethic. You will make ZERO content and wonder why nobody cares, nobody is hyped, and why nobody will be playing. 

And somebody made a good point. Why the hell are you not on CE PC? The community there is pretty big still. People are playing and enjoying it. You're always on here "PC FLEXING" Everybody. So why are you not on there getting people together for events and having fun? Is it because you're lazy? How about online events? No? Then what is your purpose on this forum? To do nothing but bash people who love this series and anybody who isn't sucking CE off is peasant trash? All you do is nag and cry. I have not once seen you post anything productive on this forum and how anybody outside the CE scientist can stand you is mind boggling. 

You're angry because people don't care about what you prefer to play. LOL SORRY

Don't know what you want to hear from us. I would suggest getting some CE events going and quick. Because unless you guys get the hype train going, nobody is going to even think twice about going to a half assed event put together by mongoloids with a shitty cynical attitude. You'll attract nobody when acting like this and that is why nobody cares and why I could care less. If you actually made constructive post on why CE is important for Halo and why it needs to be focused on, then people would listen. 

But nope. Actually being able to function like a civilized human being and hold a conversation is obviously too difficult for a socially inept reject such as yourself. 

You can get all your CE buddies on here and neg rep me til the cows come home, but it won't change the fact people like you make CE look bad and that is why nobody wants to play it. 

As of now, I will ignore you and pretty much everybody else needs to do the same. You bring nothing of value to this forum.

gQFN3.gif

best thing about this all

is that if CE HD gets picked up as the flagship title, you'll look like a jackass

and if any other Halo gets picked over CE HD as the flagship title, all my posts about console kids being mindless drones/peasant will be more than justified and proven correctly, thus still making you look like a jackass

#PCMasterRace #CEMasterRace

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

best thing about this all

is that if CE HD gets picked up as the flagship title, you'll look like a jackass

and if any other Halo gets picked over CE HD as the flagship title, all my posts about console kids being mindless drones/peasant will be more than justified and proven correctly, thus still making you look like a jackass

#PCMasterRace #CEMasterRace

Best part about this. I already made you look like a jackass. Now do something useful for Halo or shut the hell up. Nobody cares until you actually do something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People on both sides of this argument are making themselves sound like idiots. Jesus.

1. We have approximately ZERO idea if this version of CE that is coming out is even going to be the same or competitively viable in the same way that the original on LAN was.

2. Whoever said that H1 was successful because of the campaign and not the multiplayer was very very clearly not around for it. Stop talking out of your ass. The Halo LAN scene was huge, casual and competitive alike. I was a part of it.

3. Why does everyone think that tournament support is so necessary in the first place? Who cares if there are events for it? If it's a great game, people will play it. If enough people play it, someone will host tournaments for it. You people are all putting the cart before the horse. If it's good there will be events. That's the natural progression of things. Don't rush it or force it on people who arent ready.

Let the masses set up at BR tower and stare at bottom glass for 8 minutes for the next four years. I couldn't care less. H2A looks like the game there is the most interest in. Let them have it. 20k people watched it, there isnt even likely to be one H1 streamer on twitch right now. It only makes sense to play the games that have audiences. People may not like h1 cause they werent around for it, or they may prefer the slower teamwork-based crap that has been lusted after by our community for the last decade. Personally I dont care. If MCC H1 is good, I wont care what ANY of your play or what gets played at events. I'll be happy I can get on XBL and play a good halo game because at the end of the day that's all I really care about.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I feel this is relevant, posted a few weeks back:

I think Halo CE challenges (getting tournaments going/maintaining a high population/attracting new people etc) will come from the community side (elitism basically) more than the actual skill-gap and learning curve of the game. I get it, you guys love the game. A lot of people love Halo here but some of this stuff is just sad, you can't force it on people.

I got into Halo: CE in 2003 because my friends showed me a cool new game and what it was, not anything with skill gap or being competitive. If you show people more of the good side of CE around release instead of preaching all that elitism crap it will go a long way.

I'm excited to finally play Halo 1 with my friends from all over the country and my state again without lugging around a CRT and finding controller s not covered it Doritos once a year. That's me though.

edit: cT'd.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel this is relevant, posted a few weeks back:

edit: cT'd.

FUCKKKKK. I WAS ABOUT TO CALL YOU A HALO 2 NEWB LOVER WHO CAN'T SAY SKILL GAP RIGHT.

People on both sides of this argument are making themselves sound like idiots. Jesus.

1. We have approximately ZERO idea if this version of CE that is coming out is even going to be the same or competitively viable in the same way that the original on LAN was.

2. Whoever said that H1 was successful because of the campaign and not the multiplayer was very very clearly not around for it. Stop talking out of your ass. The Halo LAN scene was huge, casual and competitive alike. I was a part of it.

3. Why does everyone think that tournament support is so necessary in the first place? Who cares if there are events for it? If it's a great game, people will play it. If enough people play it, someone will host tournaments for it. You people are all putting the cart before the horse. If it's good there will be events. That's the natural progression of things. Don't rush it or force it on people who arent ready.

Let the masses set up at BR tower and stare at bottom glass for 8 minutes for the next four years. I couldn't care less. H2A looks like the game there is the most interest in. Let them have it. 20k people watched it, there isnt even likely to be one H1 streamer on twitch right now. It only makes sense to play the games that have audiences. People may not like h1 cause they werent around for it, or they may prefer the slower teamwork-based crap that has been lusted after by our community for the last decade. Personally I dont care. If MCC H1 is good, I wont care what ANY of your play or what gets played at events. I'll be happy I can get on XBL and play a good halo game because at the end of the day that's all I really care about.

Thank you. Jesus Christ. CT I fucking love you. 

I don't think anyone is saying they're not going to play CE. The way I see it, some people are crying that 343 isn't holding CE tournaments or that other people are excited for h2a as the flagship competitive title.

Basically some CE nerds are mad that the halo community isn't rioting and screaming about how the sky is falling.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Best part about this. I already made you look like a jackass. Now do something useful for Halo or shut the hell up. Nobody cares until you actually do something.

rofl @ you getting legitimately hyped & thrilled up over looking cool to one person on the internet 

the fact that you referred to your bootyhurt posts

that lack any substance and did not contain a single solid rebuttal

as "TKO" (LOLOLOL)

proves you need to join TryStateTriHard & BrutallyDigital in a trip outside your houses to get some sun

don't forget the sunscreen now children 
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think anyone is saying they're not going to play CE. The way I see it, some people are crying that 343 isn't holding CE tournaments or that other people are excited for h2a as the flagship competitive title.

Basically some CE nerds are mad that the halo community isn't rioting and screaming about how the sky is falling.

Those "CE nerds" who are mad don't even play CE regularly. That's what trips me out. The people who actually play this game regularly and the people who cry about what games 343 is hosting tournaments for are pretty much mutually exclusive groups. The real h1 nerds were at the Beach LAN last week or are in the facebook chat that they all use to organize XBC matches. They're not even on forums at all.

Let's let this whole thing launch, see if it's good, then worry about events. Best case scenario IMO is a 2v2 event alongside a larger 4v4 event for a different halo game.

Personally I'm texting my buddy at the moment to see if we can lan this afternoon.

• Upvote (+1) 6

rofl @ you getting legitimately hyped & thrilled up over looking cool to one person on the internet 

as "TKO" (LOLOLOL)

proves you need to join TryStateTriHard & BrutallyDigital in a trip outside your houses to get some sun

Dude, don't even begin to fuck with Sunscreen. I need that shit like a fish needs water.

Those "CE nerds" who are mad don't even play CE regularly. That's what trips me out. The people who actually play this game regularly and the people who cry about what games 343 is hosting tournaments for are pretty much mutually exclusive groups. The real h1 nerds were at the Beach LAN last week or are in the facebook chat that they all use to organize XBC matches. They're not even on forums at all.

Let's let this whole thing launch, see if it's good, then worry about events. Best case scenario IMO is a 2v2 event alongside a larger 4v4 event for a different halo game.

Personally I'm texting my buddy at the moment to see if we can lan this afternoon.

You are in the San Diego area, correct. I haven't played Halo in forever, but I would be down for a LAN.

You are in the San Diego area, correct. I haven't played Halo in forever, but I would be down for a LAN.

may not happen today but pm me and Ill see what we can figure out

Didn't read. You can move on. I'm done with you. 

that all it took to get you off the d-piece?

finally

@cT

I play A LOT of CE on the PC and recognize it as the best Halo. Even if I had zero play time on CE, it would be 100% irrelevant as to why CE should the the flagship title.

#FactsOnly

that all it took to get you off the d-piece?

finally

@cT

I play A LOT of CE on the PC and recognize it as the best Halo. Even if I had zero play time on CE, it would be 100% irrelevant as to why CE should the the flagship title.

#FactsOnly

Nope nope. Don't care. Not reading. You have lost every bit of credibility. Stop quoting me and move on. Goodbye.

as "TKO" (LOLOLOL)

Can I just say that (and I think you should certainly take this forward as a life lesson). Neither your or my opinion should EVER be considered fact, you aren't God, you aren't important, even within the Halo community. I love CE and even I don't want to listen to you.

You state that if CE gets picked as a 'flagship' tournament title everyone else looks like an idiot, if it doesn't it shows what mindless cows the community are.

Do you realise how much of an arrogant self absorbed fool you are making yourself sound?

I for one would love if CE was ran as the main game in tournaments but I think all things considered and at a certain point you just have to take a step back and be realistic, it won't happen.

Kids these days don't want to pick up a 13 year old game with 13 year old graphics because rightly or wrongly it just doesn't appeal to them, they aren't immediately wowed and pulled in by extremely competitive gameplay, the way a game looks for most people these days is the #1 attraction (like I said, rightly or wrongly).

You only have to listen to the crowd and the applause when they were demo'ing audio this weekend to realise that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@cT

#FactsOnly

If it is irrelevant than why do you feel the need to point out how much CE you play?