Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

They should make the best looking skins and armors achievable through rank. Imagine a skin that you get by 10 or more ranked wins in a row 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Funny how everyone bitches about mmr in games yet want balanced matches. Ranked is right there!!

They don't want balanced matches, they just want the matchmaking to favor them so they can win 50-30 with 3 sticky kills and a snipe montage they can post on youtube.

Some people also play social without changing their mindset from ranked. Maybe they don't try quite as hard, but if the game becomes lopsided or looks like it's going to be a loss they get frustrated and angry and blame the matchmaking. Obviously losing 50-30 isn't fun but it doesn't have to be a miserable experience if you aren't treating the loss in social the same as ranked. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, JordanB said:

They don't want balanced matches, they just want the matchmaking to favor them so they can win 50-30 with 3 sticky kills and a snipe montage they can post on youtube.

Some people also play social without changing their mindset from ranked. Maybe they don't try quite as hard, but if the game becomes lopsided or looks like it's going to be a loss they get frustrated and angry and blame the matchmaking. Obviously losing 50-30 isn't fun but it doesn't have to be a miserable experience if you aren't treating the loss in social the same as ranked. 

But lopsided matches can happen often for people as most who play halo, play it like they have no thumbs

Share this post


Link to post

Did they seriously just reset all our controls AND take out the "use this controller layout for all games" in the same patch?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Basu said:

Did they seriously just reset all our controls AND take out the "use this controller layout for all games" in the same patch?

Yes

17 hours ago, NAK said:

I think extra XP for ranked matches would be a great incentive for a lot fo players. 

Imagine triple XP only for ranked. The dopamine warriors who loves the numbers being higher would flock to that shit (Note: I'm not a psychologist nor developer)

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, JordanB said:

Some people also play social without changing their mindset from ranked. Maybe they don't try quite as hard, but if the game becomes lopsided or looks like it's going to be a loss they get frustrated and angry and blame the matchmaking. Obviously losing 50-30 isn't fun but it doesn't have to be a miserable experience if you aren't treating the loss in social the same as ranked. 

Guilty. I can’t turn it off. I need to play for the win. If we lose and I got a reasonable effort from everyone, I’m fine with that. GG, move on. It’s the idles, the neg 18’s, the betrayers, the horrendous objective plays, the no-help when you definitely should be getting help, shit like that. That stuff will drive me crazy in any game, ranked or not.

I just want baseline expectations of competency and common sense to be met. I want everyone on my team to be holding their controllers and attempting to win.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Funny how everyone bitches about mmr in games yet want balanced matches. Ranked is right there!!

pretty much, yeah

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Guilty. I can’t turn it off. I need to play for the win. If we lose and I got a reasonable effort from everyone, I’m fine with that. GG, move on. It’s the idles, the neg 18’s, the betrayers, the horrendous objective plays, the no-help when you definitely should be getting help, shit like that. That stuff will drive me crazy in any game, ranked or not.

I just want baseline expectations of competency and common sense to be met. I want everyone on my team to be holding their controllers and attempting to win.

I don't disagree at all, it is frustrating but I've also learned that not every game is going to be competent in social. I play a lot of Rocket League and recently Smite and I've been able to change my mindset in unranked games too "I'm going to try and I want to win, but sometimes I'm going to get a DC'd or a troll for a teammate, or the matchmaking system is going to completely fail me and I'm going to get rekt, and that's ok I'll ride this out and move on to the next one". Depending on the game and situation I will report the player and even though I feel like 99% of the time it won't do anything at least I'm doing my part. 

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone figure out how the patch to CE random spread affected the game? I feel like I'm having a harder time getting kills and I don't know if aiming is different and/or the patch worked to fix the RNG spread. I think @Hard Waymentioned that he initially thought that you have to aim with the very center of the reticule now, anyone else feel that way?

Share this post


Link to post

I havent played in a long time, but iirc CE 2v2 ranked has no spread and felt pretty great when I played it. Social is still the MCC port as it released 

Share this post


Link to post

@Noodle I’ve barely played since I posted that, but I still feel that way. If anyone can find that post, that sums up the difference in the pistol.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, haven't been following the mcc news for a while. Just wondering have they brought in cross play yet?  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sody91 said:

Hey, haven't been following the mcc news for a while. Just wondering have they brought in cross play yet?  

On 5/30/2020 at 7:46 PM, Snipe Three said:

"GLOBAL FEATURES AND DEVELOPMENT STATUS

There are additional features we know that the community has discussed and wants to improve the overall experience for players. As we finish work, re-prioritize, or move items through development phases we will let the community know what is moving up on the list, what has been added, and where it lives.

Actively in Development

  • Progression System improvements including Challenges (initial flight with H2, development is continuing and progressing nicely)  
  • UI/UX Improvements around navigation, roster, customization, and many more areas of the game (being tested in separate branch, will be merged, and released once ready) 
  • Double Key Binds (support for Reach being tested in separate branch, will be merged, and released once ready)
  • View Model Adjustment (being tested in separate branch, will be merged, and released once ready) 
  • Steam Account Linking (being tested in separate branch, will be merged, and released once ready 
  • In Game FPS Cap/Adjustments (being tested in separate branch, will be merged, and released once ready) 
  • Customization Improvements (Added) 

In Design Iteration

  • Additional Mod Support
  • Text Chat Improvements (moved back down into design iteration. There are additional aspects we need to take into account, so development is being paused while we solidify design)
  • Additional Video Settings/Options
  • Custom Game Browser (Added)
  • Input-based Matchmaking (Added)
  • Regional Server Selection (Added)
  • Cross-Play between Xbox & PC (Added)
  • Better ways to Report Players (Added)
  • Double Key Binds (Added: additional game support) 

In Backlog Pending Further Discussions

  • VFR Improvements to Reach & H2A (Added)
  • Idle System Improvements
  • Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)
  • Additional Accessibility Support

As always, there are likely some things we’ve neglected to mention in here. Please reach out to us through the various forms of social outlets and let us know your thoughts to help us build our topics for the next development blog.

-farn"

Its in the design iteration right now.

Share this post


Link to post

What's the design iteration? Is that like the ptr on overwatch? That's great that they're getting it out for halo 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

What's the design iteration? Is that like the ptr on overwatch? That's great that they're getting it out for halo 3. 

Not being developed actively so I doubt it'll be launched with 3

Share this post


Link to post

Has 343i said anything about the ridiculous XP limit on MCC? No one's hitting the cap within this year or the next. 

They had yet-another chance to make a decent progression system, but now we have this. 

Combined with the ridiculous season pass armor progression, I feel like MCC being put on PC was something that 343i discussed and thought through for less than a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

I feel like MCC being put on PC was something that 343i discussed and thought through for less than a week. 

It's always felt like all of MCC was thought through for less than a week

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Noodle said:

Anyone figure out how the patch to CE random spread affected the game?

Through my games, it seems the bullet mag no longer locks onto the body/head with the rim of the reticle. I've found that keeping your shots within the four lines on the inside of the reticle is where you should calculate your leading. The center of the reticle has more meaning in gunfights now, in conjunction with the other games, and I don't think that was changed on accident.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is it possible to not match/match with bots on MCC Xbox if you block them? I'm tired of having kids going negative 16 in ever game I play

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Is it possible to not match/match with bots on MCC Xbox if you block them? I'm tired of having kids going negative 16 in ever game I play

I'm pretty sure blocking a player on Xbox does not affect matchmaking, because it would be too easy to just block good players. It sucks for situations like this but unfortunately that system would get abused

  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I'm pretty sure blocking a player on Xbox does not affect matchmaking, because it would be too easy to just block good players. It sucks for situations like this but unfortunately that system would get abused

Yeah it was heavily abused in h5. Many would do this in h5 in order to not match parties in warzone. Lol I know I did for a time 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/1/2020 at 7:36 PM, _Synapse said:

Social doubles is a wild playlist. 

It's so up and down, one game I'm playing people who need to stop to pick up weapons. And the next game it's like I'm playing with money on the line, it's crazy.

On 6/2/2020 at 12:40 PM, OG Nick said:

I havent played in a long time, but iirc CE 2v2 ranked has no spread and felt pretty great when I played it. Social is still the MCC port as it released 

You can find games? Me and My friend haven't been able to find a game in almost a month.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Jmacz said:

You can find games? Me and My friend haven't been able to find a game in almost a month.

You aren't alone.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Is it possible to not match/match with bots on MCC Xbox if you block them? I'm tired of having kids going negative 16 in ever game I play

Unfortunately this was removed ages ago.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.