CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

One Flag needs justice in comp. It's a shame that H3 and Reach tried it and dropped the mode early on.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

One Flag needs justice in comp. It's a shame that H3 and Reach tried it and dropped the mode early on.

I agree from a theoretical standpoint, but you would need very deliberately designed maps specifically for that mode to make it work. A game with mods or an advanced forge could make that work though. I think the game-type has a ton of potential, especially from an esports/entertainment perspective. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Also High Ground. 

Such a fun 1 bomb map. Bungie said this in their Vidoc waaay back when, but it really is fun playing as the attackers and the defenders. 

High Ground gives the attackers so many avenues to attempt to plant the bomb. 

It's fun for defenders to use the laser and protect the gate controls. 

Maps made for specific modes like that really need to come back. Maps should start from a gameplay standpoint of being fun, not just pretty.

• Upvote (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Assymetrical 1 Bomb/1 flag maps such as Zanzibar, Burial Mounds and Terminal is an underrated Halo experience.

9 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

One Flag needs justice in comp.

9 hours ago, NAK said:

I agree from a theoretical standpoint, but you would need very deliberately designed map specifically for that mode to make it work. A game with mods or an advanced forge could make that work though. I think the game-type has a ton of potential, especially from an esports/entertainment perspective. 

Asymmetric maps with integrated objectives like Zanzibar, Relic, and High Ground are well suited to asymmetric gametypes like 1-Flag or 1-Bomb.  Unlocking the secondary objective, opening the gate or activating the teleporter entrance, aids the attackers in completing the primary objective.  

Invasion expands on the concept of multi-phase objective; completing the first objective unlocks the second and so on.  If you like the idea of 1-Flag on Zanzibar, you should be pushing for the return of Invasion where this type of gameplay can flourish.  

Shit, 1-Bomb on Highground could literally be the first phase of an Invasion match where the resultant explosion blows open the route to phase two.  

Here’s a little challenge for you:  Can you name all the ways players could modify the map on Zanzibar?  

Yall weird. 1 flag/bomb high ground almost always ended in a draw past level 20 in any of the obj playlists and even in social skirmish it would be 0-0 after 4 rounds if it was party of 4. It was satisfying to cap but you gotta be like neo with the snipe in order to do it.

now longshore... i did like the dynamic of fighting for the top path to open then fighting to cap/plant after that. Without unlocking the new path, its essentially impossible. But shit like nade jumping or using a ghost to jump up from the front (easily intended by bungie), made it work. 

27 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Here’s a little challenge for you:  Can you name all the ways players could modify the map on Zanzibar?  

Lowering the bridge to the turbine, and opening the gate to the base. Were there more?

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NavG123 said:

Lowering the bridge to the turbine, and opening the gate to the base. Were there more?

Not as spectacular as the two you listed but yes there are more.  

2 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Break glass. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Asymm gametypes just need to be played in two rounds with a score limit of 3 or 5 and in case of a tie the team that caps faster wins. If clusterfucks like Overwatch can make asymm gametypes fair and balanced then so can Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Break glass. 

There’s still more.  

Asymmetric 2 flag (2 rounds, teams switch sides) has more potential than 1 flag IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Asymm gametypes just need to be played in two rounds with a score limit of 3 or 5 and in case of a tie the team that caps faster wins. If clusterfucks like Overwatch can make asymm gametypes fair and balanced then so can Halo.

MLG's rules were pretty much that, 2 rounds with unlimited caps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who thinks the BR in H2A PC sounds much cleaner? It definitely sounds different to the Xbox version. 

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

There’s still more.  

You could close the windows above the gate right. 

1 minute ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

You could close the windows above the gate right. 

Yup.  Still not all of them though.  

Dear god social CE 4v4 randoms are absolute mouth breathers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think the maps we have in halo wouldn’t allow one bomb or one Crf work 

6 hours ago, _Synapse said:

There's been a few times where I have to go back and make sure someone wasn't AFK because they get zero kills the whole match

6 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I just want to quit when I see a guy on my team using an AR

7 hours ago, darkstar said:

Am I the only one who thinks the BR in H2A PC sounds much cleaner? It definitely sounds different to the Xbox version. 

I could still use some more bass. 

imagine firing a shotgun at the floor and it killing people

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FeaR said:

imagine firing a shotgun at the floor and it killing people

Having to aim was killing the flow of the game, so we have decided to just let people shoot the floor and get kills, as to allow even our worse performing players to engage and enjoy what Halo MP has to offer. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Having to aim was killing the flow of the game, so we have decided to just let people shoot the floor and get kills,

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boyo said: