CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I think it’s ridiculous how 343 simply doesn’t take the versions of the game that are better and just use that on MCC. Project catagophrers hit reg is way better than MCC version, and it’s lacking game killing bugs. 

AFAIK TheUncutFighter said in an episode of Tommy Kost's podcast that H2PC uses faster projectile speeds on the BR to improve hit reg. 

Sad when a lot of the apologists can only pat 343i on the back because they can play campaign then wait for the next game. :walshy:

• Like (+1) 9

Lmao "intelligent delivery" is apparently still too dumb to separate H2 and H2A MP even though they are completely separate games.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Lmao "intelligent delivery" is apparently still too dumb to separate H2 and H2A MP even though they are completely separate games.

Literally cannot set the bar lower for 343 and they still struggle to meet it 

• Like (+1) 1

Do you guys think that they will fix the Halo 2 bugs in Halo 2 classic for MCC PC? Really sad for me to know that I gave them the money for it and its not working.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, aquitain3 said:

Do you guys think that they will fix the Halo 2 bugs in Halo 2 classic for MCC PC? Really sad for me to know that I gave them the money for it and its not working.

I’m pretty sure they will. They’ve already announced they found the solution to the projectile bug. Still I’m curious if the hit reg will get fixed at all. 

9 hours ago, _Synapse said:

AFAIK TheUncutFighter said in an episode of Tommy Kost's podcast that H2PC uses faster projectile speeds on the BR to improve hit reg. 

Oh well so what? If it doesn’t improve enough on its own then it’s no big deal. Not like it hurt the game at all, just made things more consistent. 

9 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Depends on the game mode. Pretty sure there are servers that run modified and unmodified balance.

Why’s it that 343 refuses to give us RAW MOUSE INPUT? Is it not an option for pc halo or what? 

You know people are shitting on PC H2 hit reg a lot, but so far I've had no problems with it. I just played a match against Elamite and got a triple kill with a snipe that absolutely could never have happened on OG Halo 2 unless maybe on-host.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

You know people are shitting on PC H2 hit reg a lot, but so far I've had no problems with it. I just played a match against Elamite and got a triple kill with a snipe that absolutely could never have happened on OG Halo 2 unless maybe on-host.

Because its actually just as bad as it ever was and a lot of people who don't play H2 a lot come back expecting it to be better than H3 when most of the time unless you pulled host people were immortal from a distance online and on MCC half the time someone could just go afk and your snipes wouldn't register. Its potentially one of the few times they came close to "just how you remembered it" except people choose to not remember playing on terrible hosts which is what their dedicated servers are a lot of the time. H2 was the origination of the online warrior lol we just like to get mad about H3 bullet spread instead. They're both games that need to be played on LAN to be fully enjoyed.

The top end of the dedicated servers is usually better than the average host in 2005 but you still feel what it was really like once in awhile on MCC

I never played h2 online I started on h3. Improving hit reg should still be a thing. I want consistently on h2a levels 

5 hours ago, aquitain3 said:

If you bought it through steam just refund it and wait until it gets fixed.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Oh well so what? If it doesn’t improve enough on its own then it’s no big deal. Not like it hurt the game at all, just made things more consistent. 

Ik, I'm just noting that they could potentially implement a similar quick-fix in MCC H2 temporarily. 

5 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Depends on the game mode. Pretty sure there are servers that run modified and unmodified balance.

Huh, does H2X run default projectile speed? 

Zanzibar is a more iconic (and better) map to the franchise than Blood Gulch cmv

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Zanzibar is a more iconic (and better) map to the franchise than Blood Gulch cmv

If we're trying to be spicy

Every BTB map and mode has been and will always be trash in Halo. Don't even try and change my mind

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

1-bomb on Zanzibar is one of the greatest gametypes in Halo history.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Halo 2 being back is nice (in concept) but what's not nice is the flood of people coming out from under the floorboards championing H2 as the most skillful, deepest Halo there is.

Go back to munching on cardboard you cockroaches

• Toxic (+1) 1

Hopped on Halo 2 for a little bit this morning and I think I see what people are talking about as far as registration issues in H2C. This isn't like blood shots or anything like that, there's like these spurts of time where your bullets -- and I mean every shot -- just does not count. I can't explain it and wish I had a clip to showcase it. Then the person turns around and out BRs me for free because none of my shots are doing any damage. Something's off.

Edit: Scratch that, I do have a clip -- this! This is exactly what was happening. It was hella weird and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Like my BR has been pretty solid for over the course of a decade :laughing: No way I fell off this bad.

Not sure what the hell is going on with the Shotgun in this clip though. What in the world is that?

Edit 2: Never mind, It's been a while since I've read this thread and I just went back a few pages and saw that this was a bug. Nice lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Every BTB map and mode has been and will always be trash in Halo

Yeah if you have no friends 

16 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Seems like a difference in objective map design versus subjective enjoyment.

You can still enjoy poor quality things with friends, nothing inherently wrong with that. (Note that I'm not agreeing with the maps being worthless or that playing bad things contributes negatively to the game/community. Worth prefacing before someone makes a poor assumption)

On 5/16/2020 at 7:58 PM, Reamis25 said:

Why’s it that 343 refuses to give us RAW MOUSE INPUT? Is it not an option for pc halo or what? 

Isnt it called "mouse smoothing" enabled/disabled?

34 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Nah I just hate btb lol I've always just ran ffas or 4v4 in customs with people if they're on

• Simms (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, aquitain3 said:

Isnt it called "mouse smoothing" enabled/disabled?

No it’s not. Mouse smoothing is like a form of forced mouse accel. Raw input I where each movement you make with your mouse the in game model should follow that 1:1. A few exceptions to this rule is even though raw input is a thing the game has momentum based combat where your guns weight can determine that. This is in games like cod MW, pubg you get the picture. One big problem is going from fov 90-120. Each fov the sens feels way different. You have to raise or lower it.