CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

9 hours ago, Riddler said:

Turns out its literally how you tune the game. Enough aim assist, controllers can win. Enough input lag, controllers can win.

This line right here is why I despise having to play against controllers with AA. If Controllers can only win gunfights because of game tuning, then its not the player winning gunfights, its the game. Simple as that.

You will never have a balance between M/kb or controller that feels fair at all levels of the game. You balance controller AA for the bottom end of the skill floor, top tier players are going to absolutely wipe the floor, as they'll have both solid mechanical aim + aim assist meant to help the thumbless. You balance it for the top tier players and the average player is never going to land a shot if they decide to use a controller. There is basically no feasible way to balance controller aim assist and still have it actually feel fair for either party.

That's why input based MM should be the gold standard for any crossplay title. The only actual solution is to give players the option to never play the other input. That why controller users can opt out against M/kb if they feel it impacts their game and M/kb can opt out against controllers if they feel like it impacts their game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I’ve actually been doing quite well against controller players with my mouse the only problem is most aren’t as good as me and they can’t do shit against other controller players or the controller players on my team are hairy ass cheeks 

Good thing network relays were broken, never fixed and instead set to off by default so me and my teammates can get hit offline by cheaters in the hardcore playlist. This might be the only thing about MCC that's just like I remember it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sitri said:

The lack of raw mouse input is a fucking joke, and makes me not even want to bother trying to use a mouse because it just feels terrible. Especially after going between other FPS games.

Unfortunately, I am unsure if they even know what raw mouse input is...I've been asking for it since the first pc release lol

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Unfortunately, I am unsure if they even know what raw mouse input is...I've been asking for it since the first pc release lol

They obviously don’t 

11 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

You will never have a balance between M/kb or controller that feels fair at all levels of the game. You balance controller AA for the bottom end of the skill floor, top tier players are going to absolutely wipe the floor, as they'll have both solid mechanical aim + aim assist meant to help the thumbless. You balance it for the top tier players and the average player is never going to land a shot if they decide to use a controller. There is basically no feasible way to balance controller aim assist and still have it actually feel fair for either party.

I actually felt that Halo Online did a pretty damn good job of balancing controller vs m&kb, I never felt that I was at a disadvantage using a mouse in that game as much as I do playing something like Reach or H2, also that game was hitscan and I think having projectile would do a lot towards balancing controllers considering you would have to lead shots instead of simply "aimlock + shoot = free kills" like Reach and H2.

I'm not against controllers having aim assist, obviously they need it, it's just the amount of aim assist that is the problem, and aren't you forgetting the fact that the little Timmy's who can't play properly without loads of aim assist are the same one's that only run forwards in a straight line holding down the trigger on an AR? I doubt they are going to notice much difference to their gameplay if the main utility is balanced around skill, i.e projectile and low aim assist, as it always should be.

11 hours ago, phil said:

Good thing network relays were broken, never fixed and instead set to off by default so me and my teammates can get hit offline by cheaters in the hardcore playlist. This might be the only thing about MCC that's just like I remember it.

"If you can't find games turn off relays"

"if your aim is broken cap the game at 60 FPS"

"if you want to actually see something turn off centered reticle"

"if you don't like looking at your own elbows and shoulders turn the FOV down"

MCC is as good as you make it.

Didn't they say something about changing view models? Or did I imagine that.

I was excited to play some H2C but the hit registration is not working. I don't mean that it's bad, or that I'm getting the occasional bloodshot. I mean there are significant stretches of time throughout a match where every single bullet I fire at other players will not do damage.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I was excited to play some H2C but the hit registration is not working. I don't mean that it's bad, or that I'm getting the occasional bloodshot. I mean there are significant stretches of time throughout a match where every single bullet I fire at other players will not do damage.

Yeah that’s happened to me too at times. Gosh why does h2a gotta be so good! 

• WutFace (+0) 1

Unpopular opinion but halo 2 feels redundant to me. If I want a smooth, simple experience I play halo 1. If I want casual fun I go to halo 3. If I want chaotic Balls to the wall I go reach. Halo 2 doesn't really fill any niche for me.

10 hours ago, Mow said:

I actually felt that Halo Online did a pretty damn good job of balancing controller vs m&kb, I never felt that I was at a disadvantage using a mouse in that game as much as I do playing something like Reach or H2, also that game was hitscan and I think having projectile would do a lot towards balancing controllers considering you would have to lead shots instead of simply "aimlock + shoot = free kills" like Reach and H2.

I'm not against controllers having aim assist, obviously they need it, it's just the amount of aim assist that is the problem, and aren't you forgetting the fact that the little Timmy's who can't play properly without loads of aim assist are the same one's that only run forwards in a straight line holding down the trigger on an AR? I doubt they are going to notice much difference to their gameplay if the main utility is balanced around skill, i.e projectile and low aim assist, as it always should be.

Agreed, Halo online aim assist is just barely there that it's kinda hard to use, but also not there enough that it's overpowered like people say Reach, CE 2, 3 etc are.

It's a nice balance, not too much not too little. 343 wont use it though. Makes too much sense to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I told you all not to get MCC on PC cause it was going to be a broken mess 

22 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Halo Online deserved better.

Ok now you're just farming for my likes.

• Like (+1) 1

At this point, how can you not just point and laugh at anyone who defends 343?

• Like (+1) 5

Me after not learning how to spring jump in Halo 5 and discovering that spring jumping is a thing in H2A:

Ok-thats-it_o_22391.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Say what you want about h2a but it’s consistent 

So is H4

7 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

consistently boring

Less frustrating to me though

• Upvote (+1) 1

How people will pat 343i on the back and shill relentlessly for them, no matter the magnitude of their failure, irritates me to no fucking end. 

How can you even apologize for them? They fucked up with Reach, fucked up even harder with CE, and somehow even harder with H2. 

"They're being transparent about it" I can give you a 500 word essay on why the car I sold you doesn't work, but that doesn't make the car work. 

"It's a port of a game meant for 30fps on a console" No shit, really? 343i made promises to port the games true to their OG versions, and utterly failed to deliver on said promise. If it was something they weren't capable of, they should never have created the MCC. Even otherwise, CE and H2 both have better functioning, more customizable versions with better hitreg, maintained by community members who treat it as a hobby. It speaks volumes when a AAA studio created by MS specifically to make Halo titles is getting it's job done for it by people who aren't getting paid a penny for it. 

"It's not that big of a deal, be positive" This has to be the fucking worst. I have been positive, as positive as one can be for the past 3 years. There's only so optimistic a person can be when 343i consistently fucks MCC, to this magnitude. Nobody who gives a shit about the game can do it anymore. Besides, the masses of PC players aren't gonna look at the bright side and give 343i their pity. They're gonna call the game shit on every possible forum, and go back to playing better managed, less buggy games. At that point, they can't be blamed. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Unpopular opinion but halo 2 feels redundant to me. If I want a smooth, simple experience I play halo 1. If I want casual fun I go to halo 3. If I want chaotic Balls to the wall I go reach. Halo 2 doesn't really fill any niche for me.

The button combos are what make it unique. If you're not investing in those, you're not getting the most out of the game. It's like Street Fighter meets FPS, and there's nothing else like it.

• Like (+1) 3

I think it’s ridiculous how 343 simply doesn’t take the versions of the game that are better and just use that on MCC. Project catagophrers hit reg is way better than MCC version, and it’s lacking game killing bugs. 

• Like (+1) 1