Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

May 2020. MCC is still broken and still no sign of Infinite gameplay. Lmao. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Bloke said:

May 2020. MCC is still broken and still no sign of Infinite gameplay. Lmao. 

But hey now it's broken and unfinished on TWO platforms!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

343i have decided to build the fanbase from the ground up as well as the engine.

a3bfd0f09b0f5c9cbdc473e94467b8c6--fight-

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Come on guys, building an engine takes time.

I've heard.

I mean it does but what I'm interested in is if they actually did that or if they just retooled what already existed and renamed it. After that I'd want to know what kind of 343 sauce they threw on this just because with their track record I have to assume something went really wrong or someone made a poor decision somewhere and then I guess I'd want to know what impact the whole corona shit has had on their rollout plans if any. We pretty much already need an interview specifically about where in the world this game is, why it took so long and what inevitable disaster took place that we haven't heard about. Who knows though the silence and lack of information could even be its own marketing strategy. They might just be pulling the plug on marketing afraid that letting people see too much of the game early would hurt them more than it helps since they over promised and under delivered with both MCC and H5 in different ways. They have needed someone to really control the things that are said publicly due to the fact that they haven't really ever set expectations appropriately as a company. People want transparency when really we just need to be delivered what they promise. We don't need to know everything they just need to quit lying about various things. I feel like that last bit somehow keeps getting missed every cycle 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I mean it does but what I'm interested in is if they actually did that or if they just retooled what already existed and renamed it.

RE7 took three years to make and they invented the RE Engine for that. I really don't see what 343's excuse is.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

RE7 took three years to make and they invented the RE Engine for that. I really don't see what 343's excuse is.

Incompetence. You know, like all the Glassdoor reviews said.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

343i have decided to build the fanbase from the ground up as well as the engine.

Can we just end the thread here

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was watching nadeds stream earlier and he said the most racist important thing about infinite. How it needs to be “overwhelmingly good” it can’t just be “alright” and it’s mostly because of how long we’ve had to wait. 343 has a big problem of disappointing launches and I hope that h6 here doesn’t have that.

Regardless if it’s classic gameplay or if it’s a hybrid it needs all this at launch.

social and ranked(division works and I’m sure it’s what they’ll go with) 

party matching 

custom browser, maybe private server purchases like that one leak said

good quality servers(h5 I had a lot of disconnects I’d never experienced in any game) 

mod support

cross play(input mm as an option) 

Custom bots(not firefight campaign mobs but I mean like spartan vs spartan) 

forge that’s even better than h5(I’m sure this is happening but I’m just saying) 

consistent fps(h5 has fps in certain areas especially on forge maps) 

more content than the last update of h5(content peak was one of the reasons I read they created split gate in the first place) 

a social progression system like halo reach(I think most people will agree this was the best system in terms of social)

large scaled custom games and mode(24 or more btb) 

playable elites(this is something casuals love and that helps keep a solid population. If this occurs I’d like it if they’re tied to a specific playlist only) 

there’s more these are just things that need to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

he said the most racist important thing about infinite.

Autocorrect?

  • Simms (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Fantasy Competitive Halo time. You've been tasked with making a new map/mode pool for Reach v7 out of the following options. The format can be an OG Best of 11 or any other modern method; it's up to you.

Battle Canyon - King and Slayer
Countdown - Flag and Slayer
Element - Flag and Slayer
Narrows - Flag and Slayer
Nexus - King
Oasis - King and Slayer
Onslaught - Flag
Penance - Slayer
Sanctuary - Flag and Slayer
Splash - King
The Pit - Flag and Slayer
Zealot - Flag and Slayer

You cannot change any mode settings, though map modifications are legal within reason (like adding cover between Pistol and Green on Penance). I wanted to keep options relatively familiar so I only selected match-ups as far back as v6 and as far forward as the late AGL settings. Adding things like Ball, Bomb, and Powerhouse would be helpful, however I'd like to see what you all can come up with only using the options that fall into my parameters.

Share this post


Link to post

I can't understand why people would want to play H2A competitively. The game has no skillgap outside of whatever teamplay there is, some kid going negative can 4 a strafing pro. 

The game also entirely excludes the button glitches that made Halo 2 a viable game competitively. It's a reskinned Halo 4. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

I can't understand why people would want to play H2A competitively. The game has no skillgap outside of whatever teamplay there is, some kid going negative can 4 a strafing pro. 

The game also entirely excludes the button glitches that made Halo 2 a viable game competitively. It's a reskinned Halo 4. 

Yeah I'm not a fan of it, especially the slow reloads, weapon switches and the gliding strafes

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/11/2020 at 12:01 AM, HeX Reapers said:

Fantasy Competitive Halo time. You've been tasked with making a new map/mode pool for Reach v7 out of the following options. The format can be an OG Best of 11 or any other modern method; it's up to you.

Battle Canyon - King and Slayer
Countdown - Flag and Slayer
Element - Flag and Slayer
Narrows - Flag and Slayer
Nexus - King
Oasis - King and Slayer
Onslaught - Flag
Penance - Slayer
Sanctuary - Flag and Slayer
Splash - King
The Pit - Flag and Slayer
Zealot - Flag and Slayer

You cannot change any mode settings, though map modifications are legal within reason (like adding cover between Pistol and Green on Penance). I wanted to keep options relatively familiar so I only selected match-ups as far back as v6 and as far forward as the late AGL settings. Adding things like Ball, Bomb, and Powerhouse would be helpful, however I'd like to see what you all can come up with only using the options that fall into my parameters.

I keep hearing how the anniversary maps suck. What made you want to include them here?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/11/2020 at 12:01 AM, HeX Reapers said:

Fantasy Competitive Halo time. You've been tasked with making a new map/mode pool for Reach v7 out of the following options. The format can be an OG Best of 11 or any other modern method; it's up to you.

Battle Canyon - King and Slayer
Countdown - Flag and Slayer
Element - Flag and Slayer
Narrows - Flag and Slayer
Nexus - King
Oasis - King and Slayer
Onslaught - Flag
Penance - Slayer
Sanctuary - Flag and Slayer
Splash - King
The Pit - Flag and Slayer
Zealot - Flag and Slayer

You cannot change any mode settings, though map modifications are legal within reason (like adding cover between Pistol and Green on Penance). I wanted to keep options relatively familiar so I only selected match-ups as far back as v6 and as far forward as the late AGL settings. Adding things like Ball, Bomb, and Powerhouse would be helpful, however I'd like to see what you all can come up with only using the options that fall into my parameters.

Without adjusting map layouts? I'd go with these:
Battle Canyon KotH
Countdown CTF and Slayer
Element Slayer
Nexus KotH
Oasis KotH
Sanc CTF
Pit CTF
Zealot CTF and Slayer
Splash KotH

That's 11, but I don't have the usual 5 TS / 6 OBJ split. But I feel like TS should only be the last game in the series anyways.

Ideally I'd have 21 gametypes, to account for a Winners Finals bo7, a bo7 bracket reset in the finals from losers, and the bo7 Grand Finals, without repeating a gametype. But for some reason that's an unreasonable request.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Ideally I'd have 21 gametypes, to account for a Winners Finals bo7, a bo7 bracket reset in the finals from losers, and the bo7 Grand Finals, without repeating a gametype. But for some reason that's an unreasonable request.

I'd like this, but it is a lot of gametypes for a pool. I'd settle on 14 with a veto system to determine gametypes if there's a bracket reset between two teams that already met in Winners Finals.

Ideally, I'd have the return of extended series because it highlights how Halo has differing game modes, but apparently that's just not eSports enough for competitive Halo.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

here's my halo dream line up:

PIT TS

Adrift TS

Lockout TS

Damnation TS

Colossus snipes

Haven oddball with the oddball you can throw

Dispatch oddball same as above

Station 9 TS

Guardian TS

 

All MLG gametypes btw

 

 

  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I keep hearing how the anniversary maps suck. What made you want to include them here?

dammy sucks, creek is fine. it just doesn't play like h3 so the h3 kids don't like it. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Riddler said:

here's my halo dream line up:

PIT TS

Adrift TS

Lockout TS

Damnation TS

Colossus snipes

Haven oddball with the oddball you can throw

Dispatch oddball same as above

Station 9 TS

Guardian TS

 

All MLG gametypes btw

 

 

I'm going to need your home address.

No reason.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I'm going to need your home address.

No reason.

Colossus snipes is a solid pick.  

Share this post


Link to post

Forced steam to get the update, updates, can't access Halo 2 in campaign or in social matchmaking, but I can start a ranked H2A match. GG

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.