CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

12 minutes ago, Landonio said:

So about that custom game browser...

Not happening for a long time aka not until all 3 games(h3,3 ODST & 4 are released on pc) 

2 hours ago, Landonio said:

So about that custom game browser...

From the latest update:

GLOBAL FEATURES AND DEVELOPMENT STATUS   

There are additional features we know that the community has discussed and wants in order to improve the overall experience for players. As we finish work, re-prioritize, or move items through development phases we will let the community know what is moving up on the list, what has been added, and where it lives.  

ACTIVELY IN DEVELOPMENT

- Progression System improvements including Challenges (Flighted) 
- UI/UX Improvements around navigation, roster, customization and many more areas of the game
- Text Chat Improvements
- Double Key Binds
- View Model Adjustment (added) 

IN DESIGN ITERATION

- Additional Mod Support 
-  Additional Video Settings/Options
- In Game FPS Cap/Adjustments
- Steam Account Linking
- Customization Improvements 

IN BACKLOG PENDING FURTHER DISCUSSIONS

- Input-based Matchmaking 
- Regional Server Selection
- Cross-Play between Xbox & PC
- VFR Improvements
- Idle System Improvements
- Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)
- Additional Accessibility Support 
- Custom Game Browser 
- Better ways to Report Players 

• Like (+1) 3

Backlog is just what happens after all MCC games are completed on pc I’m figuring.

• Thonking (+0) 1

Just played 4v4 Prisoner TS with randoms and no comms, and fucking christ it's like pouring hot lead down your urethra. 

If there's one thing that H2 and onwards deserve credit for, it's that their spawn system doesn't come apart in a spectacularly messy way when you're playing without comms

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

- Input-based Matchmaking 
- Regional Server Selection
- Cross-Play between Xbox & PC
- VFR Improvements
- Idle System Improvements
- Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)
- Additional Accessibility Support 
- Custom Game Browser 
- Better ways to Report Players 

Man, literally 90% of these should have been implemented on both PC and XB1 MCC before the PC launch. The customs browser especially, that shit was announced like a few months after the August 2018 update

• Like (+1) 4

36 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Man, literally 90% of these should have been implemented on both PC and XB1 MCC before the PC launch. The customs browser especially, that shit was announced like a few months after the August 2018 update

Dev team is probably like 20 people. I know this will sound like a cop-out but I'm honestly just glad they are actively working on it. I legimitately thought after 2016 they were just going to abandon MCC forever. 

Whoever thought to release MCC on PC is a genius because a) it would release MCC on PC and b) provide income for a team to further fund developement.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Dev team is probably like 20 people.

2 game devs, 2 engine devs. a handful of qa + social media team. just fyi/btw. AAA studio btw. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 5

7 hours ago, Riddler said:

2 game devs, 2 engine devs. a handful of qa + social media team. just fyi/btw. AAA studio btw. 

Infinite better not be shit

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Infinite better not be shit

It's post-release you want to be concerned with from looking at those numbers.

To clarify, I've already written off a good release and I'm just waiting for Forge DLC.

• Toxic (+1) 1

I feel for the MCC team devs, but man 343 is just so scummy to underfund them like that. It's not like they're a charity organization, people paid hard earned money to play the same game again on PC and they are just dropping the ball hard right now. The game has been out for almost 6 months and we still can't use file shares or play above 60 FPS without issues, Forge and theater still nowhere close and I'm pretty sure you still can't disable text-chat in game. Oh the audio in Reach is still fucking broken. WHERE IS THE CUSTOM GAME BROWSER?

Obviously it's not as bad as 2014 MCC, but this is still typical 343 behavior. They're rushing these games out the door and then probably going to use Infinite as an excuse to further reduce support for MCC. And let's be real Infinite will probably also be an unfinished piece of shit at launch. When are they ever going to learn, honestly?

I'm not saying Infinite will be good or any thing of the sort but it's weird to me how some people here seem absolutely positive it's going to be shit. We haven't seen anything at all?

If it's based purely on track record then I guess you've already made up your mind long ago...

The entire mcc only team is under 20 people and they made 10million in reach sales alone. Thats literally enough salary for 100 devs. And then theres the initial sales of mcc 2014 and the sales of 1-4 for pc. The small team is printing money for microsoft that i hope they got a huge bonus.

Im not saying the mcc needs 100 devs but if it could get more than 4 devs it would be fucking nice. Even if they just hired a few modders for consultation work. Thats an expense they can largely afford. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Riddler said:

Damn when they said small I expected like 10 not 4. That’s like indie group small 

2 hours ago, Riddler said:

The entire mcc only team is under 20 people and they made 10million in reach sales alone. Thats literally enough salary for 100 devs. And then theres the initial sales of mcc 2014 and the sales of 1-4 for pc. The small team is printing money for microsoft that i hope they got a huge bonus.

Im not saying the mcc needs 100 devs but if it could get more than 4 devs it would be fucking nice. Even if they just hired a few modders for consultation work. Thats an expense they can largely afford. 

They should use that money and try to buy back the original source codes from Bungie.  Wouldn't need to "fix" the games if we just use the correct versions of them.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Exidrion said:

I'm not saying Infinite will be good or any thing of the sort but it's weird to me how some people here seem absolutely positive it's going to be shit. We haven't seen anything at all?

If it's based purely on track record then I guess you've already made up your mind long ago...

Halo 4 - Let's not even go into this.

MCC - Worst AAA launch in history and the games were already made for them.

Halo 5 - Deceitful marketing, worst campaign in Halo history. Horrific lack of content at launch, game looks, sounds and plays nothing like Halo. REQ Packs. Shit maps. Shit weapons. Shit aim assist. Patches are 55GB for a weapon balance. Spartan abilities remove anything unique about Halo. Hit indicators because apparently we're stupid and can't see shields glowing. Graphics are literally worse than a game released 5 years before it in the same series (Reach in 4k60fps looks better than Halo 5).

343 have only done 3 things right in their entire existence: Release MCC for PC, reintroduce weapon timers and add a "swap seat" button to vehicles (praise where praise is due, that is an awesome feature.)

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Boyo said:

ZBNS

Ok 5 things. ZBNS and the TU in general was pretty good. 

Just now, Shekkles said:

Ok 5 things. ZBNS and the TU in general was pretty good. 

H5's Forge and Customs Browser

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Ok 5 things.

Issues that Halo 2/A is shipping with

Global

• Settings saved in the flight are saved in the same file as used with retail MCC on PC

Campaign

• On Xbox in Co-op multiplayer, the HUD will become off centered when zooming in
  • Terminal videos default to English only
  • In-game audio plays while viewing terminal videos
  • Subtitles are not present in campaign gameplay
  • Subtitles are out of sync with audio when viewing cutscenes
  • Users on AMD hardware may encounter missing and/or flickering textures across campaign (such as the Elevator on Oracle)
  • Oracle in has several graphical issues including around glass flood tanks, clouds, and lightning effects
  • Cinematic audio for in Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary is affected by different audio option sliders.
  • Enemy Elites do not dual wield in the Campaign
  • Campaign cutscenes are much louder than gameplay
  • Some Campaign missions have FPS drops on first launch of the mission
  • When having multiple audio devices and swapping between classic and remastered graphics in cutscenes, audio can change output devices
  • When using a Ryzen 5 and AMD GPU, large rectangle volumes appear on the mission Oracle
  • Blur Cinematics and Terminal videos can have visual issues in non-16:9 aspect ratios as they were rendered at 16:9
  • Gunfire sounds are missing from multiple weapons with the Scarab Skull active
  • With the Scarab Gun skull active, a hardlock can happen when firing a plasma rifle after swapping weapons with an Elite
  • Sentinel lights will display for a short time after death before disappearing
  • Some environmental textures appear in lower than expected resolutions
  • Music will loop incorrectly on Metropolis while in the Scorpion tank
  • Using Nvidia GPUs on Classic graphics, various foliage environment LOD textures are missing
  • Gravemind on co-op has hitches and with poor network conditions disconnects can happen
  • When swapping between Classic and Remastered graphics music will change to different parts of the track

Halo 2: Anniversary

• Pixilation on shadows can be seen in Anniversary graphics
  • Forge map lighting is not appearing correctly
  • Performance lowers during games of 3 plots
  • Texture resolution is displaying in low quality through various parts of the title
  • When looking at the fan on Stonetown, FPS sometimes drops to 45
  • Audio is missing when reloading weapons when done quickly
  • Primary weapon audio decreases if you are shooting while picking up a secondary weapon
  • Decals on the Gauss Warthog turret will detach from the model during the firing animation
  • When using newer Intel drivers with onboard graphics, you cannot launch
  • Performance in theater films is capped at 60 fps when framerate is set to unlimited
  • There are no inversion options in the Settings Menu for dual wielding
  • Lighting is inconsistent between Elite and Spartan armors
  • There is visible stuttering on objects when strafing with Unlimited Framerate enabled
  • Sound effects do not play for the player holding the oddball when playing Hot Potato
  • The Hoplite armor is missing a rear armor piece in gameplay

Halo 2

• When using voice chat there is no notification that players are talking
  • The music mixing is much quieter in MCC compared to the original
  • Team Spawn system does not have parity with original
  • Bullet registration is not in parity with the original
  • The respawn timer is hidden by the territory capture meter in multiplayer
  • Gamma values are excessively blown out compared to legacy
  • Super bouncing does not mirror legacy
  • Snow VFX do not match legacy behavior on snow weather missions and maps
  • The sun is not rendering on most maps and missions
  • When playing at higher field of view, textures will appear to pop in more frequently as the LOD distance is shortened
  • Banshees turn faster when using Mouse and Keyboard

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=2

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Superbouncing will never mirror legacy because they're using Vista. What an odd thing to mention.

2 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

Superbouncing will never mirror legacy because they're using Vista. What an odd thing to mention.

u can fix it for vista. it's not vista it's the frame rate but there's a work around to change it to tick rate. 

also halo1's launch featured way worse things, some even had easy fixes, so no surprise. Still waiting to play on the original creek and hangem in 2020

20 minutes ago, Riddler said:

u can fix it for vista. it's not vista it's the frame rate but there's a work around to change it to tick rate.

Oh cool. If that's the case and they end up fixing it, I'll definitely boot up some H2 customs.