CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It's hard to feel optimistic about the H2/A launch. Reach released in a somewhat playable state with the annoying input lag, CE was just as terrible as it's Xbox One counterpart. The thing that 343i managed to fuck up both times was playlists. 

Remember when they added a ranked Reach team slayer playlist like a month after everybody asked for it? That too, only in order to appease the social kids who didn't want DMRs in their precious social 4v4. 

By the time they added a playlist that would actually have been decent at launch, nobody gave two fucks anymore and the playlist died. The highest ranked guy in that playlist is what, a 30? 

No CE 4v4 ranked playlist. Not a peep about ranked FFA. No ranked doubles for Reach. No rotational ranked playlists either. 

Halo 2 needs a ranked 4v4 team slayer playlist, ranked doubles, FFA, and a general shift away from cramming everything into match composer. Maybe a redundant 4v4 ranked playlist with expanded map and gametype selection. 

We are never going to get what we paid for. We are never going to get what we were told.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

It's hard to feel optimistic about the H2/A launch. Reach released in a somewhat playable state with the annoying input lag, CE was just as terrible as it's Xbox One counterpart. The thing that 343i managed to fuck up both times was playlists. 

Remember when they added a ranked Reach team slayer playlist like a month after everybody asked for it? That too, only in order to appease the social kids who didn't want DMRs in their precious social 4v4. 

By the time they added a playlist that would actually have been decent at launch, nobody gave two fucks anymore and the playlist died. The highest ranked guy in that playlist is what, a 30? 

No CE 4v4 ranked playlist. Not a peep about ranked FFA. No ranked doubles for Reach. No rotational ranked playlists either. 

Halo 2 needs a ranked 4v4 team slayer playlist, ranked doubles, FFA, and a general shift away from cramming everything into match composer. Maybe a redundant 4v4 ranked playlist with expanded map and gametype selection. 

Trust me bro, you DONT want ranked default settings in Halo 2.  

Unless you enjoy fighting against 4 people with Radar and plasma pistols on huge maps.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Is anybody else having problems with ranks? EVERY time I get off and get back on, my rank goes down, despite winning the last 3 games I played. This has been consistently happening in Ranked Invasion; I’ll be a 24 when I get off, then a 23 when getting back on the following day. At first I thought it was because I lost the last game I played and there was perhaps a delay in the demotion registering or something along those lines, but it’s doing the same thing even when my last few games are W’s. 

15 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I can't believe how hyped I am for Halo 2 to relaunch for the third time. Knowing that the matchmaking will be functional on launch and I can play Halo 2 with all my friends again but on dedicated servers is getting me so excited.

um...

u know can just do that now and the game plays 1000000% better on h2v.  The only reason to be excited is if you're hyped to rank up in MM but you're Aussie so I know past level 10 you're not going to match. h2 is going to launch no better than reach. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Trust me bro, you DONT want ranked default settings in Halo 2.  

Unless you enjoy fighting against 4 people with Radar and plasma pistols on huge maps.

Nevermind, I forgot about plasma pistols

• Simms (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Riddler said:

um...

u know can just do that now and the game plays 1000000% better on h2v.  The only reason to be excited is if you're hyped to rank up in MM but you're Aussie so I know past level 10 you're not going to match. h2 is going to launch no better than reach. 

BTB, social with friends, H2A (which my friends love) on Aussie servers, high FoV, quick matchmaking, H2 Competitive settings. Midship, Lockout, Turf. I have 120 hours in Reach PC with most of that bring social with mates. Keeeeeeeen.

13 hours ago, darkstar said:

Is anybody else having problems with ranks? EVERY time I get off and get back on, my rank goes down, despite winning the last 3 games I played. This has been consistently happening in Ranked Invasion; I’ll be a 24 when I get off, then a 23 when getting back on the following day. At first I thought it was because I lost the last game I played and there was perhaps a delay in the demotion registering or something along those lines, but it’s doing the same thing even when my last few games are W’s. 

I'm reminded of the second or third week after Halo 5's release where everyone's rank was reset to whatever it was in the first week. I still scratch my head at that one.

18 hours ago, darkstar said:

Yeah that happens. No idea why. 

Think maybe they'll finally release more maps for H2A? I'm still flabbergasted as to why they considered Ascension over Midship. Remake memes aside, it's one of the best maps H2 has to offer. Ascension's a meme map where dinos go to get their banshee driving tutorials. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Think maybe they'll finally release more maps for H2A? I'm still flabbergasted as to why they considered Ascension over Midship. Remake memes aside, it's one of the best maps H2 has to offer. Ascension's a meme map where dinos go to get their banshee driving tutorials. 

The whole map selection for H2A was a clown fiesta. They had probably the best 4v4 map pool in the series to choose from with settings mostly already created for them and years of experience and footage to base decisions off of and they still did what they did. I don't even want to think about it lol

• Like (+1) 4

A thought I had recently. What if, instead of the H2A multiplayer boondoggle of releasing remastered iterations of tired, mediocre maps for a dried-up version of the game... Certain Affinity had instead made a few *brand new* maps for OG Halo 2?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Given that it's H2V they could've just downloaded maps from halomaps and added them to the game. Same for CE.

Also why is there a Turf remake in Halo Online but it's not in H2A? Why did they remake Blood Gulch (which is now in the same collection 4 times) instead of actually interesting BTB maps like Terminal or Waterworks? 343 logic never ceases to amaze me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

A thought I had recently. What if, instead of the H2A multiplayer boondoggle of releasing remastered iterations of tired, mediocre maps for a dried-up version of the game... Certain Affinity had instead made a few *brand new* maps for OG Halo 2?

BOTH. We don't need all the maps, certainly not maps like Colossus or Containment but Midship, Terminal, Turf yes please.

I'd like to see more maps added as well. Why not. H2A has it's problems but it's living proof that Halo 2's gameplay rocks in the modern world.

4 hours ago, Basu said:

Given that it's H2V they could've just downloaded maps from halomaps and added them to the game. Same for CE.

Also why is there a Turf remake in Halo Online but it's not in H2A? Why did they remake Blood Gulch (which is now in the same collection 4 times) instead of actually interesting BTB maps like Terminal or Waterworks? 343 logic never ceases to amaze me.

MCC Halo CE uses Halo PC rather than Halo Custom Edition, so I'm not sure if it'd work. 

• Like (+1) 1

Containment would be a cool map if it were scaled down about 15%.

Everyone talking about maps that could've been in but think of what they could've taken out! H2A with no power weapons, power ups, CTF as the only gametype with Warlock as the only map :ace:

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

They really gotta move the flag posts off the Elephants on Sandtrap CTF. Every match turns into a two minute game of braindead ‘run the Elephants into each other and cap three consecutive flags.’ It doesn’t help that there are spawnpoints on the Elephants themselves. 

Or instead of Multi Flag CTF bring back One Flag and One Bomb on Sandtrap. That shit was fun as hell back in the day. 

H2A MP on PC plays pretty fucking well tbh. A hell of a lot more fun than Reach, and significantly more consistent than CE. Haven't tried 2C yet. 

21 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

H2A MP on PC plays pretty fucking well tbh. A hell of a lot more fun than Reach, and significantly more consistent than CE. Haven't tried 2C yet. 

The uncapped FPS looks like shit though sadly. Still that jittery reach shit.

• Like (+1) 1

I wasn't able to drop the flag in a CTF game. I really hope that's just a bug and they didn't actually mean to make it that way.

They've acknowledged some of the important bugs that Halo 2 MCC has had forever, namely shit shot reg and weird spawn behavior. 

Are we getting a proper H2 fix? 

11 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

I wasn't able to drop the flag in a CTF game. I really hope that's just a bug and they didn't actually mean to make it that way.

It's a bug. 

10 hours ago, _Synapse said:

They've acknowledged some of the important bugs that Halo 2 MCC has had forever, namely shit shot reg and weird spawn behavior. 

Are we getting a proper H2 fix? 

I haven't seen anything that I'm excited about yet.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I haven't seen anything that I'm excited about yet.

Fair enough, and "they" basically just means a Reddit comment from Postums