CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

14 hours ago, WARGOD said:

lol maybe in 5 years the game will be just as fixed as halo MCC on xbox. 

In other words... still broke.

The game is fucked up in many ways. However, crashing is prob on your end. Ive played about 300 hours of Halo CE PC MCC with 1 crash early early on. Around 100 of these hours were on 1080ti/8700k. Lately been playing on 8700k/780 for the analogue output to a PC CRT monitor. I have run into 2 people already on MCC who don't know much about computers. So I will just throw this out there: Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date, and make sure your ram is not in single channel mode/make sure the ram is in XMP/DOCP/AMP mode in your bios. These simple steps will prevent a ton of crashes. You would be surprised at how many people are running their ram at incorrect low speeds and single channel.

CE players should show up 343i by going back to Custom Edition SAPP servers. Workable netcode with no magnum fuckery and proper assed 60 FPS+ support via Chimera.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently they released a fix for the magnum's spread on the 10th. Can anyone confirm? 

And MCC is played at 60fps on console, right? So...this spread bug that has been around for over 5 years is finally going away? My shots might actually go where I'm pointing? This is fucking massive news for the playability of CE on MCC if this extends to Xbox. It'll still have a lot of key issues, but that's a big checkbox to fill. Pacing shots to get the game to behave sucks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Did they do anything to controllers? What about m&kb? 

The spread on the magnum at over 60FPS, so how is that related to the fix they made to 2's a month ago or whatever?

I'm very excited for the player count boost we're going to get when H2/H2A drops.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The spread on the magnum at over 60FPS, so how is that related to the fix they made to 2's a month ago or whatever?

It's not, really. They enabled no-spread in the ranked playlist; the same settings used in the latest NHE. That's why they changed the name to Hardcore (don't get me started...).

This fix on the 10th, from my understanding, has resolved the spread bug, where if you shoot too fast the game thinks you're holding in the trigger when you're not, and gives you horrendous spread when you don't deserve it.

From what I understand, this fix will roll out when H2 releases? They said it's "fixed internally".

Edit: In unrelated news, I used a quit ban pretty productively, and taught myself how to nade shotgun up to myself on Damnation pretty reliably. The same trick can be used for rockets significantly less reliably. lol. Those sticky grenades that spawn up there just got a lot more useful to me ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

That's why they changed the name to Hardcore (don't get me started...).

I love how in Halo "balanced" means "hArDcOrE"

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've noticed a lot of 1 hit kills happening in H3 hardcore. 1 body shot snipe, 1 grenade, 1 beatdown etc. I thought it might be a case of having health damage from a previous encounter causing some issues but paying more attention I have seen it happening directly off spawn. Anyone know what's happening here or what needs to be patched? Here's an example

5 hours ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

I've noticed a lot of 1 hit kills happening in H3 hardcore. 1 body shot snipe, 1 grenade, 1 beatdown etc. I thought it might be a case of having health damage from a previous encounter causing some issues but paying more attention I have seen it happening directly off spawn. Anyone know what's happening here or what needs to be patched? Here's an example

I shared it with people that might be able to help.

4 hours ago, Clutch Rider said:

We all knew from day one H3 MCC hit detection was definitely not OG. Nice to see video proof. Shoutout to Tommykost.

First year I played MCC H3, I was absolute trash because the game wouldn't stop gaslighting me as to whether I was missing my shots or not. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I shared it with people that might be able to help.

Thanks man. Not sure how to repeat the issue but it happens regularly enough I definitely had a couple of full shield body shot snipe deaths last stream

• Like (+1) 1

Might be that bullet velocity is still off on MCC. Probably still tied to framerate or similar bullshit going on.

7 hours ago, Clutch Rider said:

We all knew from day one H3 MCC hit detection was definitely not OG. Nice to see video proof. Shoutout to Tommykost.

I wonder if this difference is also present on LAN. I mean, given MCC's track record I would assume so, but I guess it's possible that the tournaments we watched weren't played on this travesty, right?

can someone make like a 343 seal of approval PNG? i'm tryna start stamping that shit everywhere

Marty O'Donnell, Joseph Staten and Jason Jones commentary. Interesting hearing about all the cuts they made. Would loved to have seen that Covenent Ship level.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Clutch Rider said:

This is why I refuse to play Halo 3 on MCC. Straight up unplayable when it takes 7 shots to kills someone. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, darkstar said:

This is why I refuse to play Halo 3 on MCC. Straight up unplayable when it takes 7 shots to kills someone. 

Interestingly, for some reason the sniper registers 99% of shots for me but it can sometimes take up to a full second. So that poor chump I shot is like 45m away from where I shot them when they randomly backflip from a headshot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

That was perhaps the most delightfully to-the-point video I've ever seen.

A common theme among Tommy's vids. The guy is a legend.

I can't believe how hyped I am for Halo 2 to relaunch for the third time. Knowing that the matchmaking will be functional on launch and I can play Halo 2 with all my friends again but on dedicated servers is getting me so excited.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1