CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'll never get the obsession people have with SWAT in Halo.  Instead of removing shields and competing in SWAT "tournaments"....maybe just try playing Call of Duty or Counter Strike?

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

I'll never get the obsession people have with SWAT in Halo.  Instead of removing shields and competing in SWAT "tournaments"....maybe just try playing Call of Duty or Counter Strike?

Reach had the best version of SWAT because the game mechanics complimented the nature of the gametype.  Sprint allowed players to choose between fast and loud or silent but deadly.  Recharging health blocks left a lasting effect between engagements.  DMR bloom truly enforced a cadence when going for all headshots.  A two hit kill melee was balanced against the power of a one shot kill rifle and created the ability to bodyshot then melee for the kill.  Compared to a weapon with a 2x scope, the DMR’s 3x scope encouraged players to fire unscoped shots out to a further range before scoping in.  

Now, sprint and bloom aren’t really compatible with arena halo but they did make for a great SWAT gametype.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Squatting Bear said:

When I was a superscrub, SWAT made me feel badass because it was the only playlist I could get multikills in. I'm talking 2006 Halo 2 here (Team Carnage anyone?).

As I got better I liked SWAT less and less and less.

• Like (+1) 3

Hey guys its been a while since I last posted here, lockdown has got me really fucking bored.

Do people actually play MCC on pc?  I was thinking of buying it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Hey guys its been a while since I last posted here, lockdown has got me really fucking bored.

Do people actually play MCC on pc?  I was thinking of buying it.

There are plenty in social but it won't be popping until Halo 2, H2A, and H3 are out.

7 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

I enjoyed ranking up in the h3 swat playlist but looking back even when h3 was current halo it was a really dumb playlist and high level was just determined by who had host and better spawns. depending on the map, you'd get 8-20 spawn kills in a row. tho pulling off 20 spawn kills in a row was very satisfying because of all the shit talk back then

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Swat for me is like a more-casual play while still knowing I'll get teammates who aren't going to dick around and AFK/betray for no reason. I'm kinda in the same boat as Shekkles in that as I played more Halo, Swat became less attractive to me. But if I'm having a bad day or just don't want to feel 100% sweaty but still want a good *and different* experience, I enjoy Swat. Swat still feels nothing like Cod does. Everyone gets the same weapon. There's essentially no camping compared to Cod. And it still requires a headshot to kill - if you hit body it's going to take multiple hits in which case you'll probably die before then. More so a comparison I suppose than not-Swat of course but there's still no comparison.

A different experience is especially noted because having a variety of ways to play Halo is part of what made it so great for me in the late H2/early H3 days when I first got into Halo multiplayer.

SWAT is a lot like snipers in that your teammates don't dictate your experience nearly as much as default Halo, and in that they're kind of nice.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 needed all the extra stuff cause its gameplay is cheeks. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

Halo 3 needed all the extra stuff cause its gameplay is cheeks. 

seems like that extra stuff won it the popular vote :thinking:

If I get teamed with 3 more brain damaged herpes sores in SWAT who want to do nothing but hug their teammates' asses all game like the pathetic little H3 children they are, I'm going to every grocery store in the city and coughing on all the toilet paper.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Larry Sizemore said:

If I get teamed with 3 more brain damaged herpes sores in SWAT who want to do nothing but hug their teammates' asses all game like the pathetic little H3 children they are, I'm going to every grocery store in the city and coughing on all the toilet paper.

jesus

• Toxic (+1) 1

Just got MCC on PC.  Loaded up a game of CE only to find that my computer is not even close to being good enough to run it.

Oh well.

• Thonking (+0) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

16 hours ago, Rick said:

Just got MCC on PC.  Loaded up a game of CE only to find that my computer is not even close to being good enough to run it.

Oh well.

That is such a joke. A true testament to 343. Literally what PC can't run Halo 1? It's so botched and unoptimized because of the state of MCC and probably the fact that they decided to use Unreal Engine for the UI doesn't help.

• WutFace (+0) 1

19 hours ago, Rick said:

Oh well.

specs?

theres no way, you gotta be either on a 2010 laptop with so much dust in it or you're plugged into your motherboard and not GPU

• Like (+1) 1

My work laptop with an Intel 520 chipset runs CE with no issues so I call bullshit.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

My work laptop with an Intel 520 chipset runs CE with no issues so I call bullshit.

So it technically can "run" CE, but it's pretty much unplayable.

My Laptop is probably 5-6 years old and wasn't exactly top of the line when I got it.  The only other game I've tried to run is Starcraft 2 and as soon as a battle happened it couldn't handle it.  It ran at like .5 fps

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

My Laptop is probably 5-6 years old and wasn't exactly top of the line when I got it.  The only other game I've tried to run is Starcraft 2 and as soon as a battle happened it couldn't handle it.  It ran at like .5 fps

In that case that sucks. I hope you're able to get a decent PC (if you want one) in the near future. Sucks that even CE doesn't run, that definitely has to be an optimisation issue. 

7 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

In that case that sucks. I hope you're able to get a decent PC (if you want one) in the near future. Sucks that even CE doesn't run, that definitely has to be an optimisation issue. 

I don't really know a whole lot about the workings of computers, but i've needed a new one for a while. 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

How much ram does it have? Guessing 4gb?