CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

40 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

I'm still wondering how people got so hyped for Reach that they forgot about the customs browser entirely. I'd be more hyped for the customs browser, to be quite frank. 

Didn't they 'announce' that in like 2017? I don't think it's happening. Not sure how much I believed in the first place honestly.

Customs browser is absolutely necessary for Infinite though because I think that matchmaking as we know it has run its course. By all means keep it around for ranked playlists and 'core' experiences like big team battle, but there are so many different factions to please nowadays that coming up with a trim selection of playlists (too many playlists = population spread too thin = slow matches = people jumping ship) that will please even an acceptable portion of the fanbase is just about impossible. A simple list of open customs lobbies just like Halo PC would work wonders. Find a lobby that suits you, jump in and have fun. The gametype rotation isn't for you or there's a skill discrepancy that's killing the fun for you? Jump out and find another lobby. That environment would probably be a lot less toxic too compared to the cretins running around in matchmaking.

I will now go flush myself down the toilet for unironically saying 'toxic' like some 15 year old reddit NPC

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

MM in general shouldn’t go, that custom browser halo pc had wasn’t that great for a player that wanted to play a match and win, since people rarely did regular shit. I’m just saying, mm is necessary. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, JSoccorso12 said:

How is the MCC PC population so low? Can barely find any matches, this is sad.

Reach. Reach was a terrible game to launch with. The player base was too split on what they desired. Vanilla, TU, and NB. Aim assist ruined any sort of ranked play as mouse vs controller wasn’t any fun.  DMR starts we’re over powered AF but because of the weapon balance of reach there wasn’t a proper alternative. The pistol in reach was very weak, and because of that AR starts don’t play as good as people want them too. No forge or server/custom browser. There’s others but I think you get the gist. Now we’re on halo ce which unfortunately many do not enjoy either as it’s hit reg is utter garbage, spawns are terrible, it’s just not a fun experience. Not to mention streamer discrediting which believe it or not actually hurts games. When a big streamer like summit discredits a game, people don’t want to play. 

• Salt (-1) 1

Just because you got dicked on doesn't mean the CE spawns suck btw.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

This statement only applies to 2s.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Salt (-1) 1

48 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Maybe so, but I bet the majority of gamers do not view the spawning of ce as “good” and because of the number one thing that makes spawns bad? And that is spawn killing. Depending on the map it’s worsw(prisoner for example) even if both of you die the chance of spawning in front of the enemy is pretty high, and since there’s about what .5 seconds to pull out the magnum and cock it you’re dead unless that guys shots don’t register on me. I’ve never been spawn killed as much as I’ve in ce, which to me that makes the spawns bad. You only view the ce spawns as good because you have some say how you’ll spawn(that’s only if you and your teammate die relatively the same time😑.) oh and the spawns are 100% trash for 4s and higher. Other halos do a decent job of making it so I don’t spawn in my enemies reticule. In h3 some stuff is a bit predictable but unless you have a sniper I have a chance of not dying off my spawn. Many here have a belief that if the ce magnum was the utility weapon and we had h3 spawns there be more spawn killing even without any real evidence to back that up. I’m talking as if h3  had the ce magnum 

CE's spawns in anything but 2v2 are fucking atrocious. Especially BTB and FFA are just comically stupid.

• Like (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, Basu said:

CE's spawns in anything but 2v2 are fucking atrocious. Especially BTB and FFA are just comically stupid.

CE FFA is hell, as far as spawns go. Rat Race had me spawning on grenades, in the same room, 4 times in a row. 

If anyone says otherwise, force them to play an 8 man game of snipers FFA on Derelict. 

• Simms (+1) 1

Ya'll really tryna justify CE's spawns? Even in 2v2 they're terrible.

• Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 4

20 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

Ya'll really tryna justify CE's spawns? Even in 2v2 they're terrible.

They're only as terrible as the people controlling them. Sure you can get a bad random but you can get bad spawns in any Halo game and I wouldn't really call it notably worse than getting peeled the second you spawn on the block in court in H3 pit

8 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

They're only as terrible as the people controlling them. Sure you can get a bad random but you can get bad spawns in any Halo game and I wouldn't really call it notably worse than getting peeled the second you spawn on the block in court in H3 pit

In pit I have a chance to do something, and that’s if someone is looking my direction. Miss that sniper shot(and yes even the best miss There) and I have a chance 

• Downvote (-1) 1

5 hours ago, Arlong said:

In pit I have a chance to do something, and that’s if someone is looking my direction. Miss that sniper shot(and yes even the best miss There) and I have a chance 

literally any clip in this video. you can't do shit. #9 and #6 are good examples as well. 

and hell your post still doesnt even make sense. "If they miss I have a chance" no shit. That goes for CE and any other halo. you literally don't even play halo do you. In halo2-reach, my team has no control over my spawn so it's literally up to how good or bad the other team is. 

The pit is notoriously one of the worst maps for spawn killing too as 2 people can cover every spawn. sitting br2 covers needles, mauler, flag/cuts, greenbox, plat, court spawns, sword spawn. Then you can stick 1-3 people literally anywhere else to cover s1, os, and bottom snipe lift.  You hate prisoner and you can't even cover all the spawns on that map with 2 people or even 3. You could with 4 but you'd be in the most dumb positions it's not worth. 

I don't think halo ce is the end all be all in spawning. It's got it's own problems. But thinking the system is shit when we have the dogshit that is h3 is astounding. narrows, pit, onslaught, heretic, amplified, and guardian have the most braindead spawning in the series if we exclude social gametypes (last resort flag would be my #1 or some of the old ass h2 btb gametypes). I can't even tell you the amount of spawn killionaires I've seen on standoff, last resort, and avalanche. def over 100. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Riddler said:

literally any clip in this video. you can't do shit. #9 and #6 are good examples as well. 

and hell your post still doesnt even make sense. "If they miss I have a chance" no shit. That goes for CE and any other halo. you literally don't even play halo do you. In halo2-reach, my team has no control over my spawn so it's literally up to how good or bad the other team is. 

The pit is notoriously one of the worst maps for spawn killing too as 2 people can cover every spawn. sitting br2 covers needles, mauler, flag/cuts, greenbox, plat, court spawns, sword spawn. Then you can stick 1-3 people literally anywhere else to cover s1, os, and bottom snipe lift.  You hate prisoner and you can't even cover all the spawns on that map with 2 people or even 3. You could with 4 but you'd be in the most dumb positions it's not worth. 

I don't think halo ce is the end all be all in spawning. It's got it's own problems. But thinking the system is shit when we have the dogshit that is h3 is astounding. narrows, pit, onslaught, heretic, amplified, and guardian have the most braindead spawning in the series if we exclude social gametypes (last resort flag would be my #1 or some of the old ass h2 btb gametypes). I can't even tell you the amount of spawn killionaires I've seen on standoff, last resort, and avalanche. def over 100. 

Never said spawn killing doesn’t happen but 9/10 all those points aren’t controlled, 9/10 people don’t stick successfully, 9/10 you don’t have a sniper, and in ce good luck missing your pistol shots on a stand still target. Stop trying to convince me that ce spawns are any good, it won’t work. My own personal experiences dictate my opinion and because of that I can never love that games spawning. And forever will see them as a bad spawn system.

30 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Never said spawn killing doesn’t happen but 9/10 all those points aren’t controlled, 9/10 people don’t stick successfully, 9/10 you don’t have a sniper, and in ce good luck missing your pistol shots on a stand still target. Stop trying to convince me that ce spawns are any good, it won’t work. My own personal experiences dictate my opinion and because of that I can never love that games spawning. And forever will see them as a bad spawn system.

Lmao who is standing still off spawn?

Here's the thing: if you're getting spawn killed in CE, it's entirely your teammate's fault. If your teammate is standing in a bad position, why shouldn't the other team be able to punish you? You have complete control over where your teammate will spawn in CE, yet you're claiming the system in H3––which subjects you to an entirely predictable spawn pattern that you have zero control over––is better?

We all get that it doesn't work in 4v4, but your explanations simply don't make sense for 2v2. I feel like 99.99% of your complaints about the CE 2v2 spawn system are because you're solo queuing and your teammate doesn't know what he's doing. That's not the spawn system's fault, it's your teammate's.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Lmao who is standing still off spawn?

Here's the thing: if you're getting spawn killed in CE, it's entirely your teammate's fault. If your teammate is standing in a bad position, why shouldn't the other team be able to punish you? You have complete control over where your teammate will spawn in CE, yet you're claiming the system in H3––which subjects you to an entirely predictable spawn pattern that you have zero control over––is better?

We all get that it doesn't work in 4v4, but your explanations simply don't make sense for 2v2. I feel like 99.99% of your complaints about the CE 2v2 spawn system are because you're solo queuing and your teammate doesn't know what he's doing. That's not the spawn system's fault, it's your teammate's.

Umm you have no choice because when you spawn there’s a second before you can move. And stop trying anyway I already told you.

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

That has nothing to do with the spawns. Ur problem is that u die fast. 

the pit has two snipes on it. 9/10 times theyre gunna have a sniper. 10/10 in 2s. 

1. SWAT is the "rotational" playlist of the week

2. CE SWAT is the worst experience I've ever had in a multiplayer shooter

That is all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

49 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Lol Y’all basically did with that gold pro reach. 

Yes lol. GPMA with matchmaking, forge, mod tools, and party matching. 

I would play nothing else, and never look back. 

Need to get a PC ASAP

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Yes lol. GPMA with matchmaking, forge, mod tools, and party matching. 

I would play nothing else, and never look back. 

Need to get a PC ASAP

GPMA standalone? Let's get a kickstarter going.

• Like (+1) 1

Ce swat is best swat. Needs no spread tho. If yall think ce is worse than sweeping for headshots on dinos or reach bloom+ hitscan yall whack. 

that said swat isnt a good gametype

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

In all honesty H5 probably has the best swat. It's just that the aiming is trash.

• Like (+1) 2