Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Maybe the explanation has more to do with bullet magnetism than spread? I'm sure there's some minute spread on the DMR, but the fact that you're right on the edge of the reticle might emphasize it.

Might also have something to do with the character model of the spartan. If there's a subtle "breathing" animation that moves the model's head slightly it could throw off the bullet magnetism calculation when the head is that close to the edge of the reticle, or the bullets that did land might have jostled the model's positioning slightly. I have no idea though––totally pulling this out of my ass.

There may be a cooldown on the DMR after each shot for perfect accuracy, like CE's magnum. 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Basu said:

Blood Gulch is fucking dogshit. There I said it. I have no idea why that map is considered a classic. None of its versions have ever been good. Yes it works if you want to fuck around in a Warthog when LANing, but that really doesn't say anything about the map itself.

Valhalla >>>>>>>>>>> for BTB

Blood Gulch is a clusterfuck. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Valhalla >>>>>>>>>>> for BTB

Blood Gulch is a clusterfuck. 

Most people seem to like it for nostalgias sake. But good to see people realizing it really isn’t that well designed. At least for the purpose in MM they use it for.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wish the halo CE in social was no spread. Things be more consistent that way. And god damn I hate the long ass reload of that gun. It’s so frustrating to lose because reloading takes a thousand years. That’s one thing the h5 pistol did right, was a fast ass reload. H2 wasn’t long but mostly cause you could bxr or reload cancel and start firing instantly. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Gotta backpack reload, my guy

Wtf is that 

Share this post


Link to post

double tap reload then switch weapons. it will reload when its in your back so you can use other weapons. and normally i hate excessive reloading in games but the ce pistol it feels pretty good. you have the potential to 3 shot someone in half a second so i feel like its a fair trade off if you unload all your bullets that the reload is kinda long 

Share this post


Link to post

Cant wait till h2 comes out for pc and someone adds the halo 1 and 3 maps too it :prayers::fire:

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't won a game yet lol. Kids going -20 on my team.

 

Edit: There's a win

Share this post


Link to post

CE has crashed three different times for me tonight,. 10/10 fantastic port of 20 year old game.

 

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Played some rounds with mates. There is nothing like this trilogy game with friends. It's just so unique. The yelling and banter, the snipes and noscopes, the last second caps.

I love it so much. I love everyone here sharing it as well. Even when we're just bitching. This series rocks.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, _Synapse said:

There may be a cooldown on the DMR after each shot for perfect accuracy, like CE's magnum. 

There isn't. The DMR has a little bit of spread even when at rest.

Share this post


Link to post

”I wonder what they tried to fuck up in halo CE? Playing halo games after 343 is like meeting an old friend from college and realizing he's become a horrible alcoholic.”

from reddit 

  • Fire (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

CE has crashed three different times for me tonight,. 10/10 fantastic port of 20 year old game.

 

Untitled.jpg

Do you have any overlays running? Turn as much stuff off as you can. I got this error on boot with the screen recorder I use.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Anybody else getting the Halo PC hit registration sound effect in matchmaking?

Yeah, and the multikill VO only plays when it feels like it.

Share this post


Link to post

Tell me this port is worse than the port of reach...

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, xSociety said:

Yeah, and the multikill VO only plays when it feels like it.

He'll the audio only plays when it feels like it. Half my reloads and shots font make a sound.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Tell me this port is worse than the port of reach...

?? Of course it is lol. CE has not been close in any iteration of MCC to how it was originally. You'd be crazy if you expected this to be different. That's not saying it can't be fun but if you're looking for a classic CE experience you better go pick up a tube tv and an OG xbox because out of every game in the series CE is by far the most different on MCC. The actual work required to make that game feel very similar to the original xbox is far more than anything they've ever been willing to put into it

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

?? Of course it is lol. CE has not been close in any iteration of MCC to how it was originally. You'd be crazy if you expected this to be different. That's not saying it can't be fun but if you're looking for a classic CE experience you better go pick up a tube tv and an OG xbox because out of every game in the series CE is by far the most different on MCC. The actual work required to make that game feel very similar to the original xbox is far more than anything they've ever been willing to put into it

 

Share this post


Link to post

Are the Xbox MCC and PC MCC versions worse than the other PC version of CE though? We know the MCC version will never be as good as OG (which is a shame, but it's apparent that 343 will not do anything to alleviate that) so in the immediacy I'm concerned with at least holding 343 accountable for a product that's at least not taking any steps backwards. I know MCC is based on the Gearbox version, but not sure if things have gotten any better or worse from Gearbox.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Noodle said:

Are the Xbox MCC and PC MCC versions worse than the other PC version of CE though? We know the MCC version will never be as good as OG (which is a shame, but it's apparent that 343 will not do anything to alleviate that) so in the immediacy I'm concerned with at least holding 343 accountable for a product that's at least not taking any steps backwards. I know MCC is based on the Gearbox version, but not sure if things have gotten any better or worse from Gearbox.

less customization with mcc, more inputlag on mcc by a lot, no server browser. i get like 90 fps on mcc ce, 900+ on hpc

mcc's netcode works at higher pings better but low ping its still worse than no netcode og ce

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.