CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

20 minutes ago, Riddler said:

What do u think spread is then

Bullets going to places outside your reticule.? 

24 minutes ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Hows the controller aim assist looking on H1MCC for PC? is it still giving controller players an advantage over m/kb players like in reach for pc? or did 343 fix that?

it will probably have aim assist but with ce gameplay i think a mouse and keyboard will be the superior option 

but right now i cant get onto online to test

18 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Bullets going to places outside your reticule.? 

No. Spread is not limited to reticle size. Usually most of spread is within the reticle but it does go out.   Spread means the bullet deviates from the original flight path. So if aimed at a wall, a no spread gun will hit the same place every time. A gun with spread will deviate and hit a different place than aiming. A gun with no spread either 100% hits or 100% misses. A gun with spread never 100% hits if the deviating angle cone has any area outside the target. Imagine no spread as a laser. Wherever the laser is pointed. It hits. With spread, imagine a cone. It starts off  small but as you go further it gets bigger and bigger. The bullet can land anywhere inside that cone. So in the example, a no spread gun would have hit that spartan 14/14 times or missed 14/14. 

• Like (+1) 2

Maybe the explanation has more to do with bullet magnetism than spread? I'm sure there's some minute spread on the DMR, but the fact that you're right on the edge of the reticle might emphasize it.

Might also have something to do with the character model of the spartan. If there's a subtle "breathing" animation that moves the model's head slightly it could throw off the bullet magnetism calculation when the head is that close to the edge of the reticle, or the bullets that did land might have jostled the model's positioning slightly. I have no idea though––totally pulling this out of my ass.

• Like (+1) 1

lol, they included an option to not search for CE:A games in multiplayer

Guess what's NEVER going to get played by anyone

• Like (+1) 2

Is 8v8 on Blood Gulch not even 10% as fun as you remembered for anyone else?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Ummm wtf are you talking about? That’s literally always been an for months now on Xbox and the same for CE and I find games in CE fast. 

28 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Honestly, i am surprised they didnt get rid of that anniversary/reach mashup alltogether. No reason for it to exist since Mcc came out.

16 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Is 8v8 on Blood Gulch not even 10% as fun as you remembered for anyone else?

Blood Gulch is fucking dogshit. There I said it. I have no idea why that map is considered a classic. None of its versions have ever been good. Yes it works if you want to fuck around in a Warthog when LANing, but that really doesn't say anything about the map itself.

• Like (+1) 2

Being able to camp power weapons for practically unlimited ammo in BTB is anti-fun.

• Like (+1) 1

Can we please get animations above 60fps, good god this is ridiculous 

Lol what a coincidence i've been lurking this forum since the halo council days and i found @Cursed Lemon on my second match of halo ce

• Simms (+1) 1

On a positive note looking around with the mouse feels very nice.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Blood Gulch is fucking dogshit. There I said it. I have no idea why that map is considered a classic. None of its versions have ever been good. Yes it works if you want to fuck around in a Warthog when LANing, but that really doesn't say anything about the map itself.

I like Valhalla

59 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Can we please get animations above 60fps, good god this is ridiculous 

You can animate them. Just get the 20 year old code and animations and rework them into the new network model. ezpz.

• Like (+1) 1

Valhalla is better than blood gulch. You can't cross map as easily and vehicles aren't as powerful.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I like Valhalla

I mean BG, coag and bloodline or whatever it's called. Valhalla is a much better take on 2-canyon but also not without its problems.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Basu said:

I mean BG, coag and bloodline or whatever it's called. Valhalla is a much better take on 2-canyon but also not without its problems.

BG is fun on LAN with mates that are tourists or casuals whilst playing CTF. Anything other than that I agree is garbage. Coagulation has always been dreadful. Even back in the day I don't know anyone that has ever liked it. I find the lighting on it to be also a turn off (the weird afternoon brownfest yuck).

Bloodline I have to this day never played but I imagine it's trash judging by how trash the Relic remake plays. One time we were matchmaking and it had SMG starts on Relic. Just imagine how well that played.

On another note, I'm honestly disappointed that people here hate vehicles so much. I think if you guys went in with the mentality of (surprise!) trying to enjoy the game rather than racking up as many kills as you can against people who probably don't play 10% as much as you, some of you may find more satisfaction from things other than MLG 4v4.

Easily the most disappointing thing about CE BtB so far has been how easy it is to get shot out of a vehicle, maybe even easier than Reach. I actually liked the durability of vehicle's in Halo 3, though that was in large part due to how weak the BR was. I hope they strike a similar balance in Infinite between weapon strength / vehicle durability.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

On another note, I'm honestly disappointed that people here hate vehicles so much. I think if you guys went in with the mentality of (surprise!) trying to enjoy the game rather than racking up as many kills as you can against people who probably don't play 10% as much as you, some of you may find more satisfaction from things other than MLG 4v4.

Easily the most disappointing thing about CE BtB so far has been how easy it is to get shot out of a vehicle, maybe even easier than Reach. I actually liked the durability of vehicle's in Halo 3, though that was in large part due to how weak the BR was. I hope they strike a similar balance in Infinite between weapon strength / vehicle durability.

I have a friend that in Halo 3 had 12000 wheelman medals. He loved driving the Warthog. He got insanely good at it as well, knowing the physics down pat. Halo 3 was blessed with fantastic BTB maps. Rats Nest, Last Resort, Valhalla, Sandtrap, Avalanche etc. These are all amazing maps that you could happily play as a footboi or in a vehicle.

When combined with objective (I don't like BTB slayer) I found Halo 3 BTB to be fun so much of the time. The flag player man-cannoning onto the hornet, the mongoose last-second bomb arms, gunning people down in the hog. Aside from the Banshee and "Heavies", which I have always hated, I absolutely loved Halo 3's vehicle balance. Reach's sucks, The vehicles get pummeled to hell all the time to the point of being useless. Halo 1's system of the occupants always taking damage no matter where the vehicle gets hit sucks balls as well. I haven't played enough Halo 2 to know how they work there but I assume it's butts because hitscan.

I've never played BTB for stat padding because I've never really cared about my stats. I always played it so my friends and we could cap flags, drive hogs and use Halo's entire sandbox. Love that shit equally as much as I love 4v4 Halo.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

Try turning the tank 180 and spinning your turret around to face the enemy. You can tank loads of shots, at the cost of your mobility. It's the only viable way to use the vehicle. But in all honesty, a stationary artillery-style vehicle with high damage, shit mobility, and long start-up time isn't inherently shit. I think it still plays okay even after people adapt to this.

The ghost is great too if you can limit the angles you're getting hit from. You should never lose a 1v1 against infantry, but you're just really vulnerable to overextending and getting swallowed up by teamshot.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I haven't played enough Halo 2 to know how they work there but I assume it's butts because hitscan.

Picture H3 BTB but with less counters to the vehicles. Hitscan means fuckall when your shots don't count.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NavG123 said:

in ce you can now hold down the trigger without the bloom effect. not sure why i quoted this guy but i couldnt get out of it

Every game's BTB is fun if you're the massive asshat who sits in the back of the base and uses the wraith mortar tank like a literal mortar tank and continually fire into the sky.

...Until you get booted for betrayals.

And Blood Gulch is great. If it's Hemorrhage. And you're red team, can grab the sniper while spawning with jetpack before your team does, and ascend to the top of the back wall where there's a gap in the kill barrier. 90% of the map is your target practice. Someone finally shoots at you? Drop down behind the wall for a minute where there's another gap in the kill barrier. Ascend and repeat.

If your team grabs the sniper before you, then just grab a hog and drive your turret man off the cliff to the left and jetpack back up so they suicide and you live.

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Picture H3 BTB but with less counters to the vehicles. Hitscan means fuckall when your shots don't count.

F

1 hour ago, Faeyrin said:

Every game's BTB is fun if you're the massive asshat who sits in the back of the base and uses the wraith mortar tank like a literal mortar tank and continually fire into the sky.

Reminds me of those bastards on Lancang Dam in Battlefield 4. Entire game sitting in the AA tank in the base.