CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

52 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Doubles slayer on the pit?  Sounds fun.  

It wasn’t the best because teams would camp hard, but pit was more of a CTF map slayer that’s for sure. But it’s not like doubles was good for anything but slayer. But you still should understand what I’m trying to say. CE may give a random spawn when the two of you die,  but even then depending on the map cough prisoner, you’d still be spawning straight into a guys reticule. Some like to say the spawning of CE for twos is perfect, guess we’ll agree to disagree there. I don’t like what I see half the time I’m watching the game, and the receiving end brings about far too much frustration as well. 

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

That’s because there’s this ILLUSION that the competitive side of halo influenced halo 5 too much, when there’s way more evidence to prove that wasn’t the case. It’s not our fault 343 made a super complex game like h5. Say what you want but h5 was a complex game. Your average Joe couldnt pick this game up and know what they’re doing. In halo you got your simple movement, walk/run gun play style and that’s basically it. The skill jumps and what not are up to the player to discover but that’s the complex parts of the game

. Halo 3 man I love that game. To me it’s got the best map design, the best spawn system(I’m a 4s gamer not a doubles so maybe for doubles it wasn’t your style if you’re favorite halo is CE,  but it’s obvious to me it’s not a system that people are in favor of) . In halo 3 you may be able to predict where they can spawn but you won’t be spawn killing them like you’d be able to in h1. Kill a guy sword base and they might spawn plat, mauler, flag, cuts, needles. That’s 5 places you must predict accurately and even the best doubles gods in h3 can’t do that. I get the appeal of controlling how your team spawns, but it’s not like helps prevent spawn killing. Now yes you can spawn kill in h3, but I’d debate it doesn’t happen too often in h3 doubles even in maps such as narrows where spawning is extremely easy to predict(MLG).  But usually I don’t spawn right into someone’s gun. Usually in h3s case if you’re able to spawn kill right off the back it’s usually cause you had a sniper rifle.  

Just no. Ur crediting the spawn system but praising the gun. Stick the h3 br in ce and ur spawn killing like its h3. Put the ce pistol in h3 and ur spawn killing like ce. literally everything you typed has nothing to do with the spawn system. Ce spawns for 4s suck because the placement of the spawn points suck. Ce spawn system on amp, onslaught, heretic, and guardian would make the maps play better too. And possibly the rest as It gets rid of random split spawns that occur frequently in h3. 

also in h3 4s, you have enough spawn influence to make them spawn where you want. They wont spawn cuts when ur dude is cuts and you just killed them at mauler. Theyre going to spawn s1 99/100 times. And whether theyre shot 4x with a br, or a headshot with a snipe, its still being spawn killed. 

and ive definitely told you a couple times already. More spawn killing happens on amp and onslaught than any ce 2s map. Wizard 4s ctf is the same though less brain dead. 

53 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Just no. Ur crediting the spawn system but praising the gun. Stick the h3 br in ce and ur spawn killing like its h3. Put the ce pistol in h3 and ur spawn killing like ce. literally everything you typed has nothing to do with the spawn system. Ce spawns for 4s suck because the placement of the spawn points suck. Ce spawn system on amp, onslaught, heretic, and guardian would make the maps play better too. And possibly the rest as It gets rid of random split spawns that occur frequently in h3. 

also in h3 4s, you have enough spawn influence to make them spawn where you want. They wont spawn cuts when ur dude is cuts and you just killed them at mauler. Theyre going to spawn s1 99/100 times. And whether theyre shot 4x with a br, or a headshot with a snipe, its still being spawn killed. 

and ive definitely told you a couple times already. More spawn killing happens on amp and onslaught than any ce 2s map. Wizard 4s ctf is the same though less brain dead. 

I'm personally not a fan of the CE system in any player count above 2's to be fair, the biggest benefit of it is usually total control over what's happening but the game is randomly choosing between which of your 3 teammates to spawn you on.. sorta falls apart imo. I think it would've been neat if the game just broke down each team of 4 into two teams of 2 and assigned you a buddy for the match that'll have sole spawn influence over you to replicate the predictability of 2's.  Probably could use different shades of red and blue to indicate who the partners are and convey that info when you kill enemy players.  Perhaps orange/red and blue/teal.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

And I call bullshit! Even on maps like amp and slaught. 

40 minutes ago, Arlong said:

And I call bullshit! Even on maps like amp and slaught. 

Zzz. 

15 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Zzz. 

Ok your point? The fact is I’m being modest there, but the truth is the TTK isn’t as quick as the CE pistol, and not should it ever be for that exact reasoning that it becomes even easier to spawn kill. And I’m positive h6 won’t have a utility of the CE pistol, so we can stop talking as if it’s the gun we should base everything off of. We can play that halo reach pro mod and spawn killing isn’t exactly happening that often is there? The weapon in h3 was far more balanced than what the CE pistol provided. In CE it takes what .3 seconds to pull out your gun, then you need to turn and start firing. Yeah in most cases you’re dead. 

2 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I'm personally not a fan of the CE system in any player count above 2's to be fair, the biggest benefit of it is usually total control over what's happening but the game is randomly choosing between which of your 3 teammates to spawn you on.. sorta falls apart imo. I think it would've been neat if the game just broke down each team of 4 into two teams of 2 and assigned you a buddy for the match that'll have sole spawn influence over you to replicate the predictability of 2's.  Probably could use different shades of red and blue to indicate who the partners are and convey that info when you kill enemy players.  Perhaps orange/red and blue/teal.

I think you could get away with this without changing armor colors. Just give spartans an armor effect when they have a teammate about to spawn on them. If I see the lights on a player glowing/blinking, then I know to look for the spawn he's going to give.

I think that system could work well, but it does break down in teams with odd numbers of players. I'd prefer a system that takes an aggregate of your whole team's position, and spawns you in the centermost spawn point between all of your team members. That way every member of a team is constantly responsible for spawns.

Then, place a small number of deliberately placed randoms in key positions around the map as a way out of a terrible trap. Only one player needs to be in it when any dead teammates spawn, and those spawners will get random spawns. Make giving the random extremely dangerous because it should cost something to use. I wouldn't even be opposed to an audio cue or a pillar of light coming out of the zone when a player stands in it to draw enemy attention.

OR, instead of a random spawn, the player standing in the zone will spawn dead teammates at whatever spawn point he's aiming at (walls are disregarded), allowing him to spawn dead teammates in key positions at the cost of offering up himself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the idea of blue/green and red/orange teams for CE in 4s to make the spawns work more like they do in 2s. Still more people and thus hectic with a lot of grenades but the buddy system as far as spawning would be a lot better imo

42 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Not to revive this dead horse but...

tenor.gif?itemid=8736604

Let's appreciate this guys reply:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Past/present misconceptions aside, there's clearly a superior and an inferior way to play HCE. Literally who cares about "muh legacy"?

Half these people equate CE to BTB CTF on Sidewinder or Shotguns on Chiron. If you told them that the CE plasma rifle did extra headshot damage, it would be a shock to >95% of them. 

That's the main problem with casual players. They're legitimately so goddamn stupid that they think competitiveness hurts the game, in respect to game mechanics. 

Competitive players can design a game, and it would be incredibly fun for casual players while simultaneously allowing for a great competitive scene and lots of depth. If casual players designed a game, it'd launch with no ranking system, no party matching, a weird bastardized weapon spawn system, and the ranked playlists would be shoved aside to focus on stupid stuff like infection and grifball. 

Worst of all, casual players hurt whatever potential for Halo is freed up by the change in developers. 

Bungie's games may have been good, but they were good on complete fluke. Reach was the one game that they designed according to their ideals, and the game fucking sucked outside of PvE and other features. It wasn't just bad, it was nauseatingly bad. The 4 was unironically more palatable than base Reach.

343i may be quite incompetent with their releases (though judging them for a lot of the weird shit on MCC PC is a little beyond their control, imo) but they listen.

Would we have even gotten no spread settings if Bungie was developing Halo? Would they have miraculously listened to us, or would they just have pigeonholed us to a few playlists with vomit-inducing settings? 

343i at least bothers enough to listen to players, and now infection kiddies are gonna ruin the game by implicitly telling 343i that ranking systems don't matter that much, and worse, labelling all dissenters as "sweaty whiners". 

/rant over

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Not to revive this dead horse but...

tenor.gif?itemid=8736604

57 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Let's appreciate this guys reply:

source.gif

• Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, _Synapse said:

343i at least bothers enough to listen to players,

This literally started only last year, after four long years of complete radio silence on MCC. Let's not give them all the credit in the world.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This literally started only last year, after four long years of complete radio silence on MCC. Let's not give them all the credit in the world.

There were a lot of fixes done to Halo 4 for AGL settings and the competitive playlist and they also were responsible for NBNS at the end of Reachs run. Could more have been done in a more timely manner? Sure. But to say they completely didn't listen isn't true

29 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

There were a lot of fixes done to Halo 4 for AGL settings and the competitive playlist and they also were responsible for NBNS at the end of Reachs run. Could more have been done in a more timely manner? Sure. But to say they completely didn't listen isn't true

They get zero credit for no-bloom Reach when they tacked bloom back onto the DMR in Halo 4.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

31 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

These are the same people that went with TU over zero bloom for reach. Heck’s AR/pistol starts wouldn’t be so bad if the game was ZB.

@Cursed Lemon don’t act like the bloom was noticeable though in h4. It hardly ever effected the 5 shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

They get zero credit for no-bloom Reach when they tacked bloom back onto the DMR in Halo 4.

To be fair I remember it literally being a formality almost. The thing wouldn't bloom out until the very last shot in the magazine. At least I think it did.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

To be fair I remember it literally being a formality almost. The thing wouldn't bloom out until the very last shot in the magazine. At least I think it did.

The bloom was more visual than anything dude. You could spam that and basically get perfect shot accuracy. Just like the h5 DMR. That has bloom(visual) but when has it ever made a shot not be accurate in that game? Never! Look I get it y’all want no bloom no spread but some of you will bitch about it, if there’s like 1% bloom, you’ll be like “RNG fuck this shit” and I’m here like dude, it’s not a big deal. I don’t want something like reach ever again, but I’m ok with bloom if it means I can still shoot at max ROF without punishment. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

18 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Past/present misconceptions aside, there's clearly a superior and an inferior way to play HCE. Literally who cares about "muh legacy"?

Half these people equate CE to BTB CTF on Sidewinder or Shotguns on Chiron. If you told them that the CE plasma rifle did extra headshot damage, it would be a shock to >95% of them. 

That's the main problem with casual players. They're legitimately so goddamn stupid that they think competitiveness hurts the game, in respect to game mechanics. 

Competitive players can design a game, and it would be incredibly fun for casual players while simultaneously allowing for a great competitive scene and lots of depth. If casual players designed a game, it'd launch with no ranking system, no party matching, a weird bastardized weapon spawn system, and the ranked playlists would be shoved aside to focus on stupid stuff like infection and grifball. 

Worst of all, casual players hurt whatever potential for Halo is freed up by the change in developers. 

Bungie's games may have been good, but they were good on complete fluke. Reach was the one game that they designed according to their ideals, and the game fucking sucked outside of PvE and other features. It wasn't just bad, it was nauseatingly bad. The 4 was unironically more palatable than base Reach.

343i may be quite incompetent with their releases (though judging them for a lot of the weird shit on MCC PC is a little beyond their control, imo) but they listen.

Would we have even gotten no spread settings if Bungie was developing Halo? Would they have miraculously listened to us, or would they just have pigeonholed us to a few playlists with vomit-inducing settings? 

343i at least bothers enough to listen to players, and now infection kiddies are gonna ruin the game by implicitly telling 343i that ranking systems don't matter that much, and worse, labelling all dissenters as "sweaty whiners". 

/rant over

im a casual player compared to most people here. no casual in the sense that i think ar starts is fun but i was never really good or got to 50 or anything. but i think when you say that if its good for competitive it will be good for casual but i think thats not always the case. some sweaty team shot garbage is actually bad for casual because its not fun. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, boogerman said:

im a casual player compared to most people here. no casual in the sense that i think ar starts is fun but i was never really good or got to 50 or anything. but i think when you say that if its good for competitive it will be good for casual but i think thats not always the case. some sweaty team shot garbage is actually bad for casual because its not fun. 

If it’s not fun then why’s overwatch still going strong? By that I mean team shot metas. Y’all act like you always need help in these halos to kill a mofo. Or are you just mad you don’t have tome to kill one guy who’s next to his partner? I mean usually you can do just that, especially if you grenade them. 

53 minutes ago, boogerman said:

By casual players, I mean the crowd that never touch ranked playlists and look down on anything remotely competitive. 

Competitive players hardly want a teamshot heavy game. You're missing the point. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It completely reset before the next shot. 

I'm just as jaded as the next halo superfan but i wont ignore facts..

1 minute ago, Knighty Knight said:

It completely reset before the next shot. 

I'm just as jaded as the next halo superfan but i wont ignore facts..

stop pretending that it impacted fights so much. I hate RNG too, but sometimes spread and bloom is so close to non existence that it’s hardly game breaking. Like reach v7 spread is like only effective if you try cross mapping without scoping and red reticule.  Do you honestly remember a time where you lost a dual because of bloom in h4? I can’t honestly think of such things myself but I could easily be wrong. 

• WutFace (+0) 1