Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Ember Celica said:

Literally this. We could have a gem on our hands if they just took all the good bits.

Yeah, it’s super weird. I remember the past 2 E3s waiting for new into. Since halo has been in a dry spell for.. awhile. (Never forget how H5 was the one mainline halo game to launch on Xbox One. Where the 360 had four games.)

Can’t remember what we got 2018. But the Infinite trailer in 2019 was hype, and at least told us it was coming.

Weird how its less than a year away and we have no gameplay yet though. Thought most games show off things earlier. 

That, and because they needed something to put out I suppose. Since H5 support was ending, and the next game wasn’t coming for a year and a half or so.

Right now the biggest problem is the gameplay. 343 is playing it too safe. Unlike most games halo is actually being judged negatively based on its gameplay mechanics. Stuff like sprint or abilities are huge turn offs for many people regarding halo. Heck’s even people who don’t play it anymore say halo should have no sprint. That says Something. Maybe 343 can pull something off. I think if h5s launch had the same content as it does now then it be alive for a lot longer. 343 seems to keep screwing up on their launches though, which hurts them badly. If 100k people buy your game but the launch was terrible so 70k left, only 10-20k will return when the shit that ruined launch was fixed. 
there’s many reasons for the lack of returns.

1. People never hear of these fixes, it’s not like 343 is advertising them, so the only way to find those out is through their web page, halo groups, or halo youtubers.

2. They no longer own the game. They refunded it and have no plan on re buying it, because a sour taste was put into their mouths.

3. Similar to number 2, except unless they see YouTube or twitch, showing off halo with 20k plus viewers then they won’t come back. People underestimate how much influence YouTube and twitch can have when it comes to what people will play. Let’s look at some of the videos people here have posted of a guy speaking a lot of sense. Look at their viewer counts? Not even a thousand people majority of the time. 
 

Overall 343 keeps failing to please the masses, and in h5s case it was mostly because of a crappy launch and not so much it’s gameplay. No forge, no DeV BTB maps, a buggy UI, tons of server issues more than any game I’ve played that’s for fucking sure. Although the aiming was bad let’s be honest most people(casuals) didn’t notice, but if they did then I can ensure you this killed the game for those since who wants to play an FPS game where there’s such a struggle to aim? 343 just needs to hit the home run on the first SWING. 

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Arlong said:

343 is

 

39 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Similar to number 2

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Overall 343 keeps failing to please the masses, and in h5s case it was mostly because of a crappy launch and not so much it’s gameplay. No forge, no DeV BTB maps, a buggy UI, tons of server issues more than any game I’ve played that’s for fucking sure. 

H5s server issues weren’t as bad as Black Ops 4s for me. But they’re still memorable. And if a game launches with issues like that, then it’s already begun to lose players.

Also forge not being in at launch is a crime, lmao. That’s something to delay the game for.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ember Celica said:

H5s server issues weren’t as bad as Black Ops 4s for me. But they’re still memorable. And if a game launches with issues like that, then it’s already begun to lose players.

Also forge not being in at launch is a crime, lmao. That’s something to delay the game for.

What server issues were you honestly having in bo4? I played that game quite a bit and rarely ever got bullshitted by lag or something. But to be fair the blackout mode was a low server tick rate, so that could be what you’re thinking of. But dude in h5 people were disconnecting a lot, I’ve never DC’ed in any game as much as I have h5, and I played a shit ton of launch PUBG and if anyone here or you know that did as well will remember the issues. 343s decision making really is poor regarding forge. It took them what until December or November to release forge? Idk why they didn’t just delay it, it wouldn’t of been a big deal. In halo the McC case there were thousands whom wondered whether forge would be here at launch(of reach of course) and even though it was said before hand this be the case, it didn’t escape the fact the masses still didn’t know. Guess it didn’t help that 343 announced reach in April 2019 and released in December 2019, that’s what 8 months? A port of a game and they can’t get all the features, oh yeah I forgot their reasoning was a stupid one since there’s no mouse and key controls yet. If they had forge and added a little note(mouse and keyboard doesn’t work for forge yet, use a controller, mouse and key controls work in progress, everyone would of been fine! 
I’ve read some bo4 forums and so far the issues were pretty negligent. Heck’s one big complaint were party vs solos. Man I wish more shooters or literally any game would have some form of partial party matching. One thing that should be guaranteed is no full team should be able to match 4 solos, 5,6,8,12 etc. that should be guaranteed! 

Share this post


Link to post

CEA PC's pistol accuracy is tied to framerate. Keep FPS capped to 60 with VSYNC on if you want accurate pistol shots.

 

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Noodle said:

CEA PC's pistol accuracy is tied to framerate. Keep FPS capped to 60 with VSYNC on if you want accurate pistol shots.

 

Of course they somehow did this 

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Arlong said:

What server issues were you honestly having in bo4? I played that game quite a bit and rarely ever got bullshitted by lag or something. But to be fair the blackout mode was a low server tick rate, so that could be what you’re thinking of. But dude in h5 people were disconnecting a lot, I’ve never DC’ed in any game as much as I have h5, and I played a shit ton of launch PUBG and if anyone here or you know that did as well will remember the issues. 343s decision making really is poor regarding forge. It took them what until December or November to release forge? Idk why they didn’t just delay it, it wouldn’t of been a big deal. In halo the McC case there were thousands whom wondered whether forge would be here at launch(of reach of course) and even though it was said before hand this be the case, it didn’t escape the fact the masses still didn’t know. Guess it didn’t help that 343 announced reach in April 2019 and released in December 2019, that’s what 8 months? A port of a game and they can’t get all the features, oh yeah I forgot their reasoning was a stupid one since there’s no mouse and key controls yet. If they had forge and added a little note(mouse and keyboard doesn’t work for forge yet, use a controller, mouse and key controls work in progress, everyone would of been fine! 
I’ve read some bo4 forums and so far the issues were pretty negligent. Heck’s one big complaint were party vs solos. Man I wish more shooters or literally any game would have some form of partial party matching. One thing that should be guaranteed is no full team should be able to match 4 solos, 5,6,8,12 etc. that should be guaranteed! 

The zombies has constant blue screens and crashes at launch, but I think that was for that specific mode since it was neglected lol.

Didn’t they originally say they wanted all the games out for mcc pc by the end of 2019. And we eventually realized that wasn’t happening cuz Reach wasn’t even ready towards the end of the year. Seems like more Microsoft promises before they realize how much work it’ll take, if so.

Yeah the full team thing is dumb. If I'm searching alone why would I want to match a big party lol

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

Of course they somehow did this 

It's 2020 and games are still tying game speed to frame rate. What a joke.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Mr Grim said:

It's 2020 and games are still tying game speed to frame rate. What a joke.

It's like 343 hates pc players or something. First uncapped framerate fucks up mouse aiming, now if you have better than 60fps your gun in CE is literally worse. Like holy shit. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

"Release first, fix (or even diagnose) later" is proving to be a very winning strategy with Halo.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

It's like 343 hates pc players or something. First uncapped framerate fucks up mouse aiming, now if you have better than 60fps your gun in CE is literally worse. Like holy shit. 

More like 343 employees don’t know what they’re doing. 

 

9 minutes ago, Ember Celica said:

Yeah the full team thing is dumb. If I'm searching alone why would I want to match a big party lol

Exactly, it’s like game companies don’t realize that majority of their consumer base plays solo, why not add a system that helps balance this. Mmr can help sure, but 4 level 50s in a party all communicating, would most likely beat (easily too) 4 50s all searching solo no communication. 
 

@Cursed Lemon to be fair halo isn’t the only game guilty of that as of lately. Let’s hope 5 years later of development pays off. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm almost entirely sure that is related to shortcuts many console titles took development wise back when CE was relevant and its the exact kind of thing we're testing the flight on PC to catch. Much like falling through the world in the original dark souls when using ladders and higher than the locked framerate the game came with. Stuff you'd never see on console but when you move to PC and either mod or start using unintended framerates this shit happens unless it was designed for a world where you have a variable framerate

Pretty safe to assume 343 is not the worst and they'll be cleaning up someone elses shit shortly after seeing this assuming they don't already know

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

CEA came from PC anyways. I'm betting this issue is in Halo PC as well.

 

 

...But they still decided to port Halo PC for CEA instead of using the code base of the OG, back in 2011. The 360 architecture was way different than PC too. So like, why? Their prior decisions certainly exacerbate the porting issues, no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"Release first, fix (or even diagnose) later" is proving to be a very winning strategy with Halo.

Not so sure about the "winning" part.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Ember Celica said:

The zombies has constant blue screens and crashes at launch, but I think that was for that specific mode since it was neglected lol.

Didn’t they originally say they wanted all the games out for mcc pc by the end of 2019. And we eventually realized that wasn’t happening cuz Reach wasn’t even ready towards the end of the year. Seems like more Microsoft promises before they realize how much work it’ll take, if so.

Yeah the full team thing is dumb. If I'm searching alone why would I want to match a big party lol

Every developer I've spoken to, and even many big publishers, have all told me working with Microsoft SUCKS.  They're slow to respond, take ages to do even the simplest things, fumble updates, have terrible communication and the dev tools aren't great.

 

Conversely I've heard that Sony is a dream to work with and are right on the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

Every developer I've spoken to, and even many big publishers, have all told me working with Microsoft SUCKS.  They're slow to respond, take ages to do even the simplest things, fumble updates, have terrible communication and the dev tools aren't great.

 

Conversely I've heard that Sony is a dream to work with and are right on the ball.

Makes sense why they’re the ones on top.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Noodle said:

CEA PC's pistol accuracy is tied to framerate. Keep FPS capped to 60 with VSYNC on if you want accurate pistol shots.

 

Some people are saying that this is only for social and that in ranked, with the no spread patch applied, there is no spread regardless of frame rate.

Has anyone had a chance to play the no spread version of the game? If it works well, this FPS issue alone is a good reason for why it should be applied into social and campaign, not to mention the fact that it would make social and campaign more fun to have accurate shots.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Noodle said:

Some people are saying that this is only for social and that in ranked, with the no spread patch applied, there is no spread regardless of frame rate.

Has anyone had a chance to play the no spread version of the game? If it works well, this FPS issue alone is a good reason for why it should be applied into social and campaign, not to mention the fact that it would make social and campaign more fun to have accurate shots.

No spread is the only way I ever want to play MCC CE again after playing it. I also just unloaded into a wall across HeH the other day and can confirm with uncapped framerate the bullets were flying straight

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Why can't they just keep zero spread settings in social? BTB/Infection kids just keep fucking ruining things. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Why can't they just keep zero spread settings in social? BTB/Infection kids just keep fucking ruining things. 

Well I think people are confused to begin with when it comes to CE. Seriously go read the actual Insider feedback threads. There are people who actually think that spread on the original CE was of consequence to begin with. They don't understand that when shooting appropriately the spread was extremely minimal and really only starts to come into play on HeH or BTB maps and even in that scenario its, once again, minimal. 

Now if these people are used to playing PC flights where bullets were legitimately coming out like you had a max bloom Reach DMR sometimes and thought that was how the game is supposed to work I could understand the reaction but if not they could have silently made this change and they would have never even known it changed until someone showed them.

But yeah most of the feedback they're getting over on waypoint is about the spawn system and peoples lack of understanding. They think its a bug that they spawn into gunfire in many cases when its actually their own teams positioning. Imagine trying to sort through that to hopefully find and address actual spawning issues 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

Well I think people are confused to begin with when it comes to CE. Seriously go read the actual Insider feedback threads. There are people who actually think that spread on the original CE was of consequence to begin with. They don't understand that when shooting appropriately the spread was extremely minimal and really only starts to come into play on HeH or BTB maps and even in that scenario its, once again, minimal. 

Now if these people are used to playing PC flights where bullets were legitimately coming out like you had a max bloom Reach DMR sometimes and thought that was how the game is supposed to work I could understand the reaction but if not they could have silently made this change and they would have never even known it changed until someone showed them.

But yeah most of the feedback they're getting over on waypoint is about the spawn system and peoples lack of understanding. They think its a bug that they spawn into gunfire in many cases when its actually their own teams positioning. Imagine trying to sort through that to hopefully find and address actual spawning issues 

On top of this, there are people who are only now discovering––given the flight feedback conversations––that firing the pistol full-auto changes how the spread works. Mind-blowing. And these are the same people who want the competitive community to have even less say on the direction of the next Halo game.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

On top of this, there are people who are only now discovering––given the flight feedback conversations––that firing the pistol full-auto changes how the spread works. Mind-blowing. And these are the same people who want the competitive community to have even less say on the direction of the next Halo game.

That’s because there’s this ILLUSION that the competitive side of halo influenced halo 5 too much, when there’s way more evidence to prove that wasn’t the case. It’s not our fault 343 made a super complex game like h5. Say what you want but h5 was a complex game. Your average Joe couldnt pick this game up and know what they’re doing. In halo you got your simple movement, walk/run gun play style and that’s basically it. The skill jumps and what not are up to the player to discover but that’s the complex parts of the game

. Halo 3 man I love that game. To me it’s got the best map design, the best spawn system(I’m a 4s gamer not a doubles so maybe for doubles it wasn’t your style if you’re favorite halo is CE,  but it’s obvious to me it’s not a system that people are in favor of) . In halo 3 you may be able to predict where they can spawn but you won’t be spawn killing them like you’d be able to in h1. Kill a guy sword base and they might spawn plat, mauler, flag, cuts, needles. That’s 5 places you must predict accurately and even the best doubles gods in h3 can’t do that. I get the appeal of controlling how your team spawns, but it’s not like helps prevent spawn killing. Now yes you can spawn kill in h3, but I’d debate it doesn’t happen too often in h3 doubles even in maps such as narrows where spawning is extremely easy to predict(MLG).  But usually I don’t spawn right into someone’s gun. Usually in h3s case if you’re able to spawn kill right off the back it’s usually cause you had a sniper rifle.  

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.