CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

CE is almost perfect, but it has big flaws. Namely nades being too plentiful/powerful and spawns that can't realistically support past 2v2. Even if you dgaf about 4v4, I feel like NHE's practice mode is a must to teach people how to use randoms. Spread and jump delay are also aids.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

CE is almost perfect, but it has big flaws. Namely nades being too plentiful/powerful and spawns that can't realistically support past 2v2. Even if you dgaf about 4v4, I feel like NHE's practice mode is a must to teach people how to use randoms. Spread is also aids.

There's all kinds of things that could improve with CE, but it's foundation is so good. That's why I'm so frustrated that we can't just take those gameplay pillars that make CE great and apply it to a newer game. As much as I love CE, I would much rather have a new Halo game with CE's structure than a CE with its flaws fixed somehow.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

There's all kinds of things that could improve with CE, but it's foundation is so good. That's why I'm so frustrated that we can't just take those gameplay pillars that make CE great and apply it to a newer game. As much as I love CE, I would much rather have a new Halo game with CE's structure than a CE with its flaws fixed somehow.

Yeah that would be awesome but I think there’s a better chance 343 fixes the flaws of CE on MCC (or at least a good portion of them) then there is that Infinite plays anything like CE. Even if 343 makes it a “classic” game (no sprint, no abilities) it will still play much closer to H2/H3 than CE. 

38 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Yeah that would be awesome but I think there’s a better chance 343 fixes the flaws of CE on MCC (or at least a good portion of them) then there is that Infinite plays anything like CE. Even if 343 makes it a “classic” game (no sprint, no abilities) it will still play much closer to H2/H3 than CE. 

I would be fine with the H2 style, if it just had fast item timers on static spawn, an excellent utility, and diverse, skillful, and useful weapon sandbox.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I'm all for no-spread H3 as well, but why do you want to decrease bullet velocity? You trying to offset the newly expanded usefulness of the BR? I could understand that, but just bear in mind that on MCC, scoped-in shots travel slower. I wouldn't want to exacerbate that.

After playing El Dewrito which had no spread and had the velocity cranked to basically hitscan, it broke the maps. A lot of the maps have decent sightlines and with OG BR they work but with no spread and super velocity they became spawn trap death pits.

With a slight decrease in velocity, my theory is that it'd be that little bit harder to pop people cross-map on those longer sightlines and reduce the spawn trap. It's just a theory though.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

After playing El Dewrito which had no spread and had the velocity cranked to basically hitscan, it basically broke the maps. A lot of the maps have decent sightlines and with OG BR they work but with no spread and super velocity they became spawn trap death pits.

With a slight decrease in velocity, my theory is that it'd be that little bit harder to pop people cross-map on those longer sightlines and reduce the spawn trap. It's just a theory though.

If they can fix the scoped shots issue, I'd be on board. If not, I'd say leave the velocity alone.

1 minute ago, Hard Way said:

If they can fix the scoped shots issue, I'd be on board. If not, I'd say leave the velocity alone.

What issue is that? I may know it by a different name

Just now, Shekkles said:

What issue is that? I may know it by a different name

On MCC H3, when you scope in with the BR, I'm convinced that the bullets travel slower than they do when you are not scoped in. Scoped shots feel way, waaaaay less effective than they did on OG. Something feels very off with it. You have to lead quite a bit more when scoped than you ever used to, and as a result it feels like scoped shots do tickle-damage.

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

When you load up the custom browser, what percentage of games would you say is some sort of recruitment lobby or assassinations only lobby?

80% unfortunately. The other 20% are the cool fun customs I enjoy, which it’d of been great if h5 UI wasn’t trash that took forever to update so people could know if a lobby was filled. 

14 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

On MCC H3, when you scope in with the BR, I'm convinced that the bullets travel slower than they do when you are not scoped in. Scoped shots feel way, waaaaay less effective than they did on OG. Something feels very off with it. You have to lead quite a bit more when scoped than you ever used to, and as a result it feels like scoped shots do tickle-damage.

Do you have evidence of this. It’s been a while since I played OG but I don’t really notice this Slower travel speed.

@Shekkles yeah as much as I enjoy the hit reg in that, it’s way too accurate at long range. Needs a better balance. I’d like it if the current h3 would increase velocity just a bit to make shots more consistent. I don’t just mean this for the BR either. Carbine and pistol should all receive A no spread patch, with higher projectile speed by just a bit.

15 minutes ago, Arlong said:

BR, Carbine and pistol should all receive A no spread patch, with higher projectile speed by just a bit.

Smartest thing you've said all week.

More of that please.

12 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Smartest thing you've said all week.

More of that please.

Stfu bitch. 

halo infinite needs playable AI. I know the blam engine it’s basically impossible since you can’t make smart AI. I’d imagine how cod does it, is they have a computer monitor how a human plays and it creates an algorithm to mimic that. Halo could definitely use that, especially if you want to warm up, before heading into mm. A cool thing too would to let the AI(difficulty hard which is where the AI would have skill) replace quitters, In games so teams don’t get fucked over by a guy leaving. And in JIP games players who join a match in progress simply replace that AI.

• Downvote (-1) 1

32 minutes ago, Arlong said:

80% unfortunately. The other 20% are the cool fun customs I enjoy, which it’d of been great if h5 UI wasn’t trash that took forever to update so people could know if a lobby was filled. 

It would appear that clan recruitment customs are really popular. That must mean they're good, right?

30 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Do you have evidence of this. It’s been a while since I played OG but I don’t really notice this Slower travel speed.

@Shekkles yeah as much as I enjoy the hit reg in that, it’s way too accurate at long range. Needs a better balance. I’d like it if the current h3 would increase velocity just a bit to make shots more consistent. I don’t just mean this for the BR either. Carbine and pistol should all receive A no spread patch, with higher projectile speed by just a bit.

I don't have a side by side comparison, but I'm very tempted to make one. It feels very different to me. I played the game for 3 years straight. I don't remember scoped BR shots feeling weaker than unscoped.

5 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

It would appear that clan recruitment customs are really popular. That must mean they're good, right?

I don't have a side by side comparison, but I'm very tempted to make one. It feels very different to me. I played the game for 3 years straight. I don't remember scoped BR shots feeling weaker than unscoped.

1. Lol I see what you’re doing. Deep down you know I’m a smart ass, and I love halo 3. I see that most gamers, even in the competitive side enjoy that game especially. Sure I get it, it be nice to have the elements of CE like a super fast TTK utility, or 60 second weapon/power up timers, but something tells me that’s not gonna happen. There’s a lot more people who enjoy halo 3 than literally any halo. 
2.my scoped shots are pretty accurate for the most part, and considering my average game is eastern(96+ ping there mate) that says something. In western games I barely have to lead unless I’m super far away I’ll add. 

Takes like 20 years to find a game on this CE flight 

4 minutes ago, Gold said:

Takes like 20 years to find a game on this CE flight 

Refresh your game. Usually takes like a minute or two after that. 

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

1. Lol I see what you’re doing. Deep down you know I’m a smart ass, and I love halo 3. I see that most gamers, even in the competitive side enjoy that game especially. Sure I get it, it be nice to have the elements of CE like a super fast TTK utility, or 60 second weapon/power up timers, but something tells me that’s not gonna happen. There’s a lot more people who enjoy halo 3 than literally any halo. 
2.my scoped shots are pretty accurate for the most part, and considering my average game is eastern(96+ ping there mate) that says something. In western games I barely have to lead unless I’m super far away I’ll add. 

The point I'm trying to get you to understand is that H3 isn't popular because people are just so in love with the game mechanics. It came out at a very special time in XBL's history. It had loads of features outside of it's gameplay that helped foster a community. It had an incredible art style and graphics that hold up to this day. It finished the story arc (which let's be honest, is probably more influential to its popularity than any other factor). Citing it's popularity as a means of supporting its gameplay mechanics is a fool's argument. That's not why it's popular.

You don't feel a difference from OG to MCC in scoped shots? Does anyone else? Am I going crazy?  I'm gonna have to cap gameplay and test this shit. I've always been surprised how no one really brings this up, but I've never known H3 people to be the most perceptive group of individuals.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

After playing El Dewrito which had no spread and had the velocity cranked to basically hitscan, it broke the maps. A lot of the maps have decent sightlines and with OG BR they work but with no spread and super velocity they became spawn trap death pits.

unless they changed it post hype, eldewrite doesnt use no spread. it uses the same spread

16 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

The point I'm trying to get you to understand is that H3 isn't popular because people are just so in love with the game mechanics. It came out at a very special time in XBL's history. It had loads of features outside of it's gameplay that helped foster a community. It had an incredible art style and graphics that hold up to this day. It finished the story arc (which let's be honest, is probably more influential to its popularity than any other factor). Citing it's popularity as a means of supporting its gameplay mechanics is a fool's argument. That's not why it's popular.

You don't feel a difference from OG to MCC in scoped shots? Does anyone else? Am I going crazy?  I'm gonna have to cap gameplay and test this shit. I've always been surprised how no one really brings this up, but I've never known H3 people to be the most perceptive group of individuals.

I mean the gameplay is fun though. I enjoy playing the game, more so than I do CE. I’ve tried CE, and though I guess one of my biggest grinds about CE is the spawning. I’ve never been spawn killed in any games as much as I’ve been in CE and that’s even in doubles. 

18 minutes ago, Riddler said:

unless they changed it post hype, eldewrite doesnt use no spread. it uses the same spread

It definitely had no (or at least dramatically reduced) spread when I played it. Valhalla was a joke.

for halo 3 we just need no aim assist when pluggining in controller + remove random spread. also remove the ability to land a melee lunge without having to keep your cross hair on the target. you should be able to miss or dodge people who melee no more free hit 

i dont like the arguement that because halo is a console shooter that it means a port to pc also means it should have aim assist. it really doesnt make sense its a port for the pc not for console. a mouse user theoretically has more potential if hes really good but the skill floor of using aim assist on controller is over powered. i saw it when i first played halo online (i heard they toned down aim assist later on but i dont know) and it was ez money 4 shots when mouse users were like 7 shot putting a lot of effort into tracking movement with mouse. controller ez money lock on 

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

I mean the gameplay is fun though. I enjoy playing the game, more so than I do CE. I’ve tried CE, and though I guess one of my biggest grinds about CE is the spawning. I’ve never been spawn killed in any games as much as I’ve been in CE and that’s even in doubles. 

I get that not everyone enjoys playing Halo 1's multiplayer. I get that Halo 1's multiplayer can be an acquired taste. That being said learning the fundamental and rudimentary aspects of Halo 1 might help improve your enjoyment of the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of ElDewrito is apples to oranges here. It's PC. Insofar as console/gamepads are concerned, no spread weapons are not really going to break maps. Try it out right now. Boot up a custom in Reach with no bloom settings with a pal on the same team as you and try to have a DMR duel at a far distance, to emulate a duel with an enemy outside of RRR. Good luck.

The true question is: how to balance it on KB/M? I don't know. I'm not a game developer. But to be sure, separate balancing between PC and console is almost always mandatory. Maybe a literal anti-aim/bullet repulsion mechanic could be implemented. But only at truly long distances. Is there any sort of aim assistance on KB/M in MCC? There usually never is in shooters. If so, maybe the RRR could be extended to a fair degree, since said RRR is not indicative of aim assistance activation on KB/M. Beyond the RRR, then, and KB/M users will know that their shots will be hard to land.

Edit: Though as I rake my memory, I seem to recall past-RRR duels still being easier than trying to shoot team mates. Maybe there's still magnetism past RRR? I dunno, dude.

1 hour ago, boogerman said:

for halo 3 we just need no aim assist when pluggining in controller + remove random spread. also remove the ability to land a melee lunge without having to keep your cross hair on the target. you should be able to miss or dodge people who melee no more free hit 

i dont like the arguement that because halo is a console shooter that it means a port to pc also means it should have aim assist. it really doesnt make sense its a port for the pc not for console. a mouse user theoretically has more potential if hes really good but the skill floor of using aim assist on controller is over powered. i saw it when i first played halo online (i heard they toned down aim assist later on but i dont know) and it was ez money 4 shots when mouse users were like 7 shot putting a lot of effort into tracking movement with mouse. controller ez money lock on 

The reason I want both is so we can have crossplay because crossplay is awesome for communities. It can definitely be balanced though and would need a lot of tweaking and testing.

Also it can't be done with the current playerbase but on a new game you should be able to filter by input for MM.