CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

9 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Anybody who says either of those games are the best cod has no class.

Then the majority have no class, but those are the cod’s people have the best memories towards. BO2 definitely holds a special place in my heart, and I’d love a remaster one day. 

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Then the majority have no class, but those are the cod’s people have the best memories towards. BO2 definitely holds a special place in my heart, and I’d love a remaster one day. 

I think it's fairly universal that CoD4 is the most popular/well regarded game of the CoD series. Maybe BO2 is up there, but MW2 certainly is not. People had fun with it, sure, but basically everyone I've ever talked to about it agrees it was an insanely unbalanced game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

I think it's fairly universal that CoD4 is the most popular/well regarded game of the CoD series. Maybe BO2 is up there, but MW2 certainly is not. People had fun with it, sure, but basically everyone I've ever talked to about it agrees it was an insanely unbalanced game.

Oh no doubt, but bo2 had some great ass maps, and was far more balanced. I personally don’t like mw2 because it was what 2 shots a kill? 

41 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Someone just posted this in the CE Discord.

I knew I wasn’t going crazy! 

Spread on a precision weapon is about as autismo as it gets.

5 minutes ago, Basu said:

Spread on a precision weapon is about as autismo as it gets.

Idk. Flinch in halo reach is argubly worse from a design standpoint. Spread is meant to shorten the range. Flinch is made for the game to play for you, or cause you to miss, aka same as spread. 

not saying spread is good at all. Literally damage drop off is a better mechanic in every way

Just now, Riddler said:

Idk. Flinch in halo reach is argubly worse from a design standpoint. Spread is meant to shorten the range. Flinch is made for the game to play for you, or cause you to miss, aka same as spread. 

not saying spread is good at all. Literally damage drop off is a better mechanic in every way

Flinch is certainly annoying but I'd put it into the "mildly infuriating" category, whereas spread is just gamebreaking usually. Obviously depends on magnitude of both tho. I could live with spread like Reach's DMR but if every gun made me flinch like Reach's sniper I would quit playing pretty quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Someone just posted this in the CE Discord.

This guy needs to post this in the support tickets 

Porting a port of a port of a port of the original might not have been a good idea after all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mow said:

Here's a crazy idea, remove all spread. No one wants spread on a fuckin' mouse and I give 0 shits whether it's ''ExAcTlY aS yOu ReMeMbEr'' or not.

When CoD4 rereleased I was hoping it'd be "refined" like a true remaster.

But no the M16 is still the only gun in the game. 3 frags, last stand, juggernaught. Lovely.

I don't give a flying fornication about keeping it  ''ExAcTlY aS yOu ReMeMbEr'', I would rather a refined experience. See: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. Extremely good remaster chock full of refinements, AI improvements, graphics. The works. It is so good and is still being tweaked based on feedback.

I'd rather a refined CE. No bloom, more responsive movement, better animations (third person running/strafing) and overhauled netcode. Surely that is a better experience.

• Like (+1) 9

Aaaand I’ve already seen people in various corners of the internet saying that the bloom while tapping in MCC is a good thing. Saying it’s how the pistol should’ve always worked and that without it the pistol is OP and CE becomes a one gun game.

Just kill me now.

• Like (+1) 4
  • WutFace (+0) 1

21 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Aaaand I’ve already seen people in various corners of the internet saying that the bloom while tapping in MCC is a good thing. Saying it’s how the pistol should’ve always worked and that without it the pistol is OP and CE becomes a one gun game.

Just kill me now.

"The gun is super OP anyways, all you have to do is pace your shots hauehuehe". Halo seems to attract some real brainlets.

• Like (+1) 3

Really glad the pistol spread problem is gaining some traction. After grinding a lot of CE the last couple months, you really notice how inconsistent it is. I’m just glad we have a video now and I can tell myself I’m not crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

No spread is not out of the question by any means.

Outside mods it definitely is man. But we can at least hope 343 sees that video and gets the spread like Xbox CE. Man what is with people wanting pacing shots. Fuck that shit. Unless they make it so a guy spamming can’t be rewarded, and no it’s not just at close range, then things need to change. I understand CE gives off that 1 gun vibe, heck’s every halo does! There’s a dominant weapon always used and that’s the precision weapon we spawn with. But I guess people prefer it if you spawn with a weak weapon like the hR pistol. Welp I sure hope 343 does something, maybe change the spawn system for 4S, and 8S.

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

No spread is not out of the question by any means.

Based on..? If they didn’t remove the horrendous H3 spread what makes you think they’ll do it for other games 343 has this whole stupid “exactly as you remember it” schtick going on even if it’s detrimental to the game like bloom, spread, etc.

• Like (+1) 2

I assure you there is nothing “exactly as you remember it” at all in MCC Halo’s 1,2 or 3.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

18 hours ago, The Tyco said:

A shitty, botched port. What a shock.

Not nearly as shocking as the lives of those 343 apologists.  

"but..but..but.. halo infinite...."  lol kids these days....

• Like (+1) 2

Apparently they've killed the spread in CE ranked doubles, but not social.

--Updated 2/20/2020
An update was released on 2/20 that has resolved many issues reported during the flight as well as incorporated more work the team has completed. Please see the below list for issues that have been resolved or are still active in this flight for build 1.1367.

--Playlist Update
As we move into the next phase of the flight, we’ve made an experimental change to our Halo: CE Ranked Team Doubles playlist to use game settings which disable the “bullet spread” on the Magnum and Sniper Rifle. These settings should feel familiar to some hardcore Halo: CE players. Because this is a big change to the playlist and to facilitate players’ ability to quickly find matches for testing, we’ve reset the skill rank in this playlist in the flight. Note that this has no effect on players’ ranks in the full MCC game on either platform. Resets of skill and progression ranks, game saves, and stats may occur during flights to test certain content or pipelines.

--H:CE Ranked Team Doubles
Updated playlist with game variants that have no spread for the Pistol and Sniper Rifle.

-------Resolved Issues
The below issues have been resolved in the current available flight build.

--Global
When using Keyboard & Mouse, you will see Xbox button prompts instead of the correct keys on the character customization screens.

Ranks will be displayed when connecting to a ranked match for all players.

Debug text is present in the Gameplay Settings menus when set to Non-English languages.

Halo 4 loadouts were present in the customization options.

--Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
When opening the character customization screen, Halo: Reach's options appeared briefly.

Service IDs are not displayed on the scoreboard appropriately.

Classic Team Slayer settings and CE Team Slayer are flip flopped for custom games settings.

Customization preview model proportions are inconsistent with the in-game model.

Respawn beep sound effects have a lower pitch compared to legacy.

Swapping weapons after reaching the 10x zoom with the sniper rifle can cause zoom to not function on other weapons and cause them to not render.

When using Mouse & Keyboard, the vehicle function 3 key binding (Space Bar) is not respected when rebound.

When using Mouse & Keyboard, any action that is rebound to Vehicle Function 1 (mouse click 2) is not usable.

Gamertags will sometimes appear in the Score column instead of the Name column on the scoreboard.

After completing the Campaign mission “343 Guilty Spark” a black image will be displayed on the loading screen instead of the proper image.

When set to unlocked framerate while using a controller, the hold time for Hybrid Zoom was too short.

While viewing the character customization screen, the Spartan's hands appeared to display at low quality.

While using a gamepad, upon releasing the zoom button from 10x zoom with the sniper rifle, you would zoom all the way out instead of returning to 2x zoom.

The incorrect icon would appear when an action needed the user to use a mouse's scroll wheel.

--Halo: Reach
Occasionally, inputs from a controller on the Pause Menu will not be reflected in Halo: Reach Multiplayer and Campaign.

Audio is silent or too quiet during intro cinematics when playing from mission to mission.

-------New Reported Issues
--Global
A softlock will occur if you cancel the backout of the Microsoft sign-in screen at launch.

Attempting to type in Voice Text Chat Channel with text-to-speech disabled causes various issues.

You are unable to interact with the text chat window when using a mouse.

When signing out the title will often crash.

Restoring to Default does not affect Zoom In & Zoom Out on Keyboard & Mouse.

You will lose functionality while using a Gamepad if you sign out with the Message of the Day open.

The gamepad and mouse & keyboard binding menus default to Halo: Reach rather than the title currently being played

--Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
In matchmaking, some game variants do not spawn players with starting grenades.

When playing on uncapped with classic graphics enabled, frames per second will not exceed 200.

Input delay is present in across all game modes.

Auto Look Centering while in Vehicles is too strong.

Various weapon and vehicle sound in Multiplayer use remastered sound effects.

In Campaign, a prompt appears to skip cutscenes on the Pillar of Autumn.

Animations repeat when attempting to skip custcenes during the Silent Cartographer.

There are missing animations and UI elements when leaving a Matchmaking game.

Medals continue to display when they are set to off in multiplayer.

--Halo: Reach
Halo: Reach audio is not in parity with legacy audio.

Animations and help bar are missing when exiting a Multiplayer match in Halo: Reach.

• Like (+1) 2

Removed bullet spread as in, it's 100% perfectly accurate across the whole map? BIG IF TRUE. That'd make me try out competitive H1 for the first time ever.

Of course it's in the competitive playlist only, so you can't fucking test it without someone taking your head off.