CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Why do Reach kids insist on telling people who this series is for?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

15 minutes ago, Boyo said:

*H4 kids

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

8 hours ago, Arlong said:

H3 isn’t a bad game, most halo players enjoy it. 

"other people like it, that means it's good" 

Wat.

5 hours ago, _Synapse said:

n a somewhat related note, are there ways to block servers in MCC? 

Block the IP ranges on your router or run your Xbox through your PC or any other device and send those connections to 127.0.0.1.

No guarantee 343 won't come down on you in future for doing this though. Pretty sure some Aussie players that enjoy 2 hour queue times do this in some games. 

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

She's not wrong though... Halo 2 autoaim is absurd. The PP does 90 degree turns. You can't complain about autoaim in Halo and imply other titles are worse than Halo 2.

A modder named Krevil has created an MP conversion of Long Night Of Solace which also included covenant-skinned forge pieces. Unfortunately his mod crashed in multiplayer sessions and he nuked it, but I managed to salvage the forge pieces, change the shaders to something less glossy, and ported them to Condemned to finally make use of that skybox. Here's an example map (pic heavy):

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

7 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Big dick reminder that H2A literally functions like every other Halo, magnetism-wise up to Halo 4, lol. There's nothing different about it that should be making you offput if you play any other game before it. 

Bigger dick reminder that H2C allows you to white reticle four shot a kid while aiming at the dick but H2A will not. 

If magnetism is ever your complaint on a Halo game, this series is fucking not for you.

H1 and h3 have nowhere near the levels of magnetism of h2c/h2a/h4. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

H2C allows you to white reticle four shot a kid while aiming at the dick but H2A will not.

This isn't much better though

AthleticNeglectedDrafthorse-size_restricted.gif

• Thonking (+0) 1

15 hours ago, Three Six Xero said:

Don't remember if the Xbox MCC version does that, but bloom shouldn't occur if the player only taps the trigger on the CE Magnum even if it is being fired at the max RoF. Bloom really only occurs on automatic weaponry in CE, and the mechanic exists on the Magnum to simply prevent players from haphazardly holding down the trigger.

It's there man. Do a wall test. Usually bullet mag will override it if you're shooting correctly, but it's definitely there.

I've never seen this 4sk while aiming at the dick in H2C. I'm curious to see it.

And I would sincerely hope that we can all agree that it's easier to shoot in H2A than H2C, since the reticle is bigger and the strafe is slower, but I suppose nothing is a guarantee anymore.

• Like (+1) 2

I keep seeing the "4sk while aiming at the dick at outside RRR" but never see any evidence. Not saying is doesn't happen, but I also don't think it happens outside of isolated incidents. Kind of like clamber being skillful in 1 engagement doesn't mean it's any good for gameplay. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

"other people like it, that means it's good" 

Wat.

Block the IP ranges on your router or run your Xbox through your PC or any other device and send those connections to 127.0.0.1.

No guarantee 343 won't come down on you in future for doing this though. Pretty sure some Aussie players that enjoy 2 hour queue times do this in some games. 

She's not wrong though... Halo 2 autoaim is absurd. The PP does 90 degree turns. You can't complain about autoaim in Halo and imply other titles are worse than Halo 2.

If we took a thousand people, and 900 said they enjoy h3, and the 100 CE,(let’s also point out you’d be one of the hundred) so you’re right and they’re wrong? What is a good game to you? To me a good game is something the masses enjoy and continues playing. CE doesn’t and never will get such luxury. Seriously can people stop talking for real. You’ll say stuff like that to try to make you seem smart but you’re not. Yes the masses dictate what’s good or not. You’re probably one of those people that listens to classic or scream’o and then thinks the majority that listens to pop, hip hop, and rap are idiots and have bad taste in music, when the truth is you’re the one with bad taste. 

regarding auto aim, most people don’t use h2 as a prime example, we use h3 and sometimes people use h1, but mostly 3. H5 also somewhat fits well as it’s main utility AA, isn’t too high. 

@Sody91 she doesn’t recognize those games because they’re projectile based. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

Today I learned that classical music is for people with shit taste but by metric of popularity Poopy-di scoop Scoop-diddy-whoopWhoop-di-scoop-di-poop is to be considered high art.

Always educational around here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I've never seen this 4sk while aiming at the dick in H2C. I'm curious to see it.

And I would sincerely hope that we can all agree that it's easier to shoot in H2A than H2C, since the reticle is bigger and the strafe is slower, but I suppose nothing is a guarantee anymore.

Ive seen it but ive tried many a time to replicate because i love shitting on halos and it doesnt work. 

Edit: it seems i have the wrong video

• Like (+1) 1

googling “mlg chaos theory youtube channel” does not give me his youtube channel. His twitter was like the 15th result and i went through 20 tweets until he linked one of his yt vids.

fuck safari and fuck google

after watching this again, im pretty sure hes just on pre patch which has a deviation angle of .3-.6.  Halo3 for example has 0-0.38 on its last bullet, i think 0-0.15 on the first. U can load up mcc which uses post patch and this wont happen 100/100 times. 

halo2’s magnetism is still atrocious though. However u do strafe faster than h2a, it has button combos, no hitmarkers, better maps, and the sniper is harder to use by a little bit. And the netcode does create some skillgap there but thats whack. H2a has good enough reg every game. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Sody91 said:

Sure for HCE, but H3? 

Minus the sniper rifle, the game's just as forgiving as H2 with magnetism. The only thing that makes it difficult to notice is the slow projectiles. It's very easy to notice the magnetism if you overcompensate with your reticle. 

to me halo 2s saving grace is button combos line double shotting and quad shotting. but once i lose my quad shot i cant have fun with it anymore. just the normal gameplay feels boring theres to much aim assist. and i dont even know if its about being noob friendlier because my friend would dominate me in halo 2 much harder then in ce or 3. i just think the aim assist in fights makes it more unfun like everyones got an aim bot 

when mcc ce comes out on pc its going to be the only halo where plugging in a controller for aim assist wont be an advantage over a mouse and keyboard user. maybe h3 too 

halo 3 br auto aim feels average for a console game. halo 2 feels completely absurd its almost comical 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

Today I learned that classical music is for people with shit taste but by metric of popularity Poopy-di scoop Scoop-diddy-whoopWhoop-di-scoop-di-poop is to be considered high art.

Always educational around here.

I’m just saying, most people who listen to classic think they’re so much better than us who listens to the 3 musics I listed. When they’re not!  Seriously you’re the person who when someone’s in your car you put on that shit, and you’re all happy when the person in your car is just thinking to themselves(this motherfucker) 

7 hours ago, Sody91 said:

H1's a funky game because it's also only designed for LAN, optimal conditions, with its own set of bullshit that is just as bad as, but "separate" from mag, inherently.

But. You'd be lying to yourself if you think 3 is nowhere near this. It was literally just a controversy that the game is a joke magnetism-wise and people just never noticed.

6 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

This isn't much better though

AthleticNeglectedDrafthorse-size_restricted.gif

I don't get your point. I started my post out with this point.

5 hours ago, Hard Way said:

xm5dW8K.jpg

Swing swong, took me five seconds to figure out. Reticle is not bigger in H2A. Slower strafe means little in comparison to H2C when you have insane mag. They're for all intents and purposes near identical, barring white reticle being harder in H2A.

3 hours ago, OG Nick said:

I keep seeing the "4sk while aiming at the dick at outside RRR" but never see any evidence. Not saying is doesn't happen, but I also don't think it happens outside of isolated incidents.

Towards this. I have some clips on my DVR/clips page. Some are updating and I don't care to post and wait for individual links with limited time, so here. Some RRR dickshots, some white reticle dickshots. Dickshots all around. Love them.

On a new note. I'm 90% sure elevation can make your shots even easier to hit, probably based on hitbox perspective. I have some clips of someone being two feet above my standing position on a pillar and it makes getting a dickshot ten times easier, consistently. Should be somewhere in those clips. Someone can stand BR3 and be cockshot easier. I'd also bet 10 bucks it's like this for basically any other old online Halo. The implication is insane. You can be in a height based power position and if you two are both full body-visible, or if the lower-heighted user is headglitching, they have an insanely easy time headshotting you without aiming at the head compared to you. It also fully neuters any point on why you should ever jump. It doesn't just make it unviable, you're at a direct disadvantage doing it. Game series is a joke, lol.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Sure for HCE, but H3? 

Minus the sniper rifle, the game's just as forgiving as H2 with magnetism. The only thing that makes it difficult to notice is the slow projectiles. It's very easy to notice the magnetism if you overcompensate with your reticle. 

H3 does NOT have the same magnetism as H2C. Maybe sometimes it's slightly ambiguous because both BRs have spread on them, but this isn't debatable.

• Like (+1) 1

You people are still on your same shit from the last time I regularly posted here five years ago.

What's the point anymore, lads? You're not beating the dead horse. You're takings its dry ass tibias and drumming the dirt with them.

1 hour ago, Faeyrin said:

You people are still on your same shit from the last time I regularly posted here five years ago.

What's the point anymore, lads? You're not beating the dead horse. You're takings its dry ass tibias and drumming the dirt with them.

Where's the joy in expanding to new horizons. WHEN. You're supposed to beat the meat as hard as you can to get the best taste.

2 hours ago, Faeyrin said:

I wonder if that's because Halo has still been suffering from that same shit from 5 years ago (and beyond).

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Game series is a joke, lol.

Must be a pretty great joke, because you keep coming back to it.

When you were still in my friend's list, you would be playing MCC, or Halo 5, in a private party, every day, without fail. Reach had hit MCC on December third, and so did its unlock ranking system; not even twenty five days later, you posted your thoughts about it, with a screenshot showing that you reached the final rank. You've posted several times in this forum how much you like H2A, Halo 4, and Halo 5. You have recorded footage of the many plays you have made in those games, and you have screenshots of your different Spartans, posing them. You are actively loading a Halo game, going into a Halo match, shooting a Halo gun, against another Halo player.

You're putting in an awful lot of time into a joke. Not only that, but you continue playing even with the knowledge you've gained about the gameplay everyone else has been ignorant to, and with the opinions you've concluded to. You have clearly made your standpoint about it, but you still play. Someone could say that you look highly hypocritical. So with that said...

Why do you continue to play and talk about Halo, instead of moving on and doing something else?

• Simms (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

When you were still in my friend's list, you would be playing MCC, or Halo 5, in a private party, every day, without fail. Reach had hit MCC on December third, and so did its unlock ranking system; not even twenty five days later, you posted your thoughts about it, with a screenshot showing that you reached the final rank. You've posted several times in this forum how much you like H2A, Halo 4, and Halo 5. You have recorded footage of the many plays you have made in those games, and you have screenshots of your different Spartans, posing them. You are actively loading a Halo game, going into a Halo match, shooting a Halo gun, against another Halo player.

You're putting in an awful lot of time into a joke. Not only that, but you continue playing even with the knowledge you've gained about the gameplay everyone else has been ignorant to, and with the opinions you've concluded to. You have clearly made your standpoint about it, but you still play. Someone could say that you look highly hypocritical. So with that said...

Why do you continue to play and talk about Halo, instead of moving on and doing something else?

Flexing a statted K/D and feeling like a super soldier 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Shouldn't it pretty obvious that I must not actually hate the series or think it's a complete joke if I play it, and grind games in it. And that in turn, my forum posts may just be very cheeky blanket statements and exaggerations meant to push a point. I brought up a problem with Halo 2. And blanket statemented the post and the franchise to end my post on hyperbole. Do you know what game I happen to not play or care to grind in any capacity, anymore? Halo 2. It's pretty obvious that if I have a problem with a game, I won't end up playing it because I deem it garbage or unenjoyable. Just like I don't play CE anymore, or Halo 3, or actual Reach MP. Or MW. Or any other game I actually ragged on. And in turn, it's also obvious that I'm not ragging on the franchise as a whole for one game's oddball-shit mechanics, or handling.

• Like (+1) 2