CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

I guess comparing Halo 5 to MCC is a good way to show that Halo 5 isn't a complete mess like HeX was saying, but comparing it to MCC only shows me that its above the bare minimum of whats required to "work fine". Comparing it directly to a competitor in the FPS genre or even Halo from a different developer, Bungie, shows a slightly different story.

I'll admit I came off on the wrong angle with this one. A lot of things do work well within Halo 5 and programming isn't easy. There isn't a long standing list of bugs that I can think of off the top of my head. I do think that we shouldn't overlook the bad just because a lot basic functionality that every game has works like it should. The issues I listed are jarring experiences for the end user and the biggest issue I have with them is that they've persisted since launch.

Think about trying to grow an e-sports community and not having a competent spectator mode. How long is a user going to watch the stream when all the shots don't even look like they connect? How many times is a user going to dig through 3 menus just to sell some REQs to get that little extra credit towards a new one? How many times are you going to quit the build before you just go play a different game that doesn't have a menu glitch that forces you to quit? Even the opinionated things I listed, who wants to dig through a crappy armor menu before they just stop?

I'll admit Halo 3 is probably my least played Halo along with Reach. Its hard for me to find evidence supporting something like the video Lemon posted or even remember events like that happening, but I can find evidence supporting the bugs I listed for Halo 5 pretty easily.

In the end though, you are right. Halo 5 isn't a complete a mess, its not even that bad with the issues I listed. I just think it has a lot of room for growth.

Highlighted green the parts I wanted to respond to because you're 100% correct and I agree wholeheartedly. Like I said, I take your word for it they existed and there was a room for a TON of growth programming wise.

There were bugs in Halo CE, 2 and 3 that were really annoying, for example, there has always been an issue with jumping in CE where it's a slight delay. As annoying as this issue is, there are sooooo many good DESIGN decisions in CE that made little small functionality issues almost irrelevant. Conversely, Halo 5 as you've noted and I agree with, there are just SOOOOOO many stupid/ridiculous/non-sensical design decisions that it makes the functionality look piss poor, then when the functionality issues occur (like the theater, UI skips, REQ glitches, etc) it just makes the game look a lot worse. (Trust me I had some well thought critiques on this game as well because trust me, this game did NOT go without my personal criticim lol. That's for damn sure: Part 1, Part 2 -- This was more of my wish list wanting the best things from each of the respective games

I'm desperately hoping Halo Infinite gets everything right. Functionality and design.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

If that was true, it would've been fixed on the better model XB1s. It wasn't.

It's still dynamic, it just reaches 4K for a large portion of the time. Is it "better" on One X? I haven't had it installed on my One X.

Just now, Shekkles said:

It's still dynamic, it just reaches 4K for a large portion of the time. Is it "better" on One X? I haven't had it installed on my One X.

I have it on the OneX, and aiming is still hot inconsistent garbage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

It is insane how powerful the Needle Rifle is, I genuinely wonder if 343 messed up its aim assist because nobody misses with it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TI Inspire said:

It is insane how powerful the Needle Rifle is, I genuinely wonder if 343 messed up its aim assist because nobody misses with it.

In HC? It's not the aim assist. Both the DMR and Needle Rifle have average AA, the NR just has little to no spread, no recoil, and I think a longer RRR. Nobody misses with it because it's consistent and capable, unlike V7's DMR.

3 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

In HC? It's not the aim assist. Both the DMR and Needle Rifle have average AA, the NR just has little to no spread, no recoil, and I think a longer RRR. Nobody misses with it because it's consistent and capable, unlike V7's DMR.

that and the damn needles explode in your face making your vision kinda impaired from all the BLASTS

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

the RRR is slightly longer. It does have less spread. faster rate of fire makes it easier to clean up. also 3 body shots and faster rof makes it impossible to strongside away. 

I'm pretty sure the kill time is slightly longer and obviously peak shooting almost invalidates the gun.

The NR is good long range because it just descopes the fuck out of you and ofc at long range spread becomes an issue so you have a better chance of a good shot hitting. Getting descoped on a DMR and firing is just praying to the RNG Gods. 

The NR sucks on a map like countdown where all the fights are close range and lots of peak shooting. however holding down top base on nexus, it's pretty good. 

The NR also sucks for snipe body shot clean ups because it has more bloom. you have to wait longer for the bloom to reset after switching to it. 

If we're talking about TU, clearly the best gun. It has no bloom in TU so outside of close range vs DMR or just losing to a spam 5, it's better. Hell some maps don't even have power weapons. on zealot or countdown, it's literally the best weapon on the map

38 minutes ago, Riddler said:

the RRR is slightly longer. It does have less spread. faster rate of fire makes it easier to clean up. also 3 body shots and faster rof makes it impossible to strongside away. 

I'm pretty sure the kill time is slightly longer and obviously peak shooting almost invalidates the gun.

The NR is good long range because it just descopes the fuck out of you and ofc at long range spread becomes an issue so you have a better chance of a good shot hitting. Getting descoped on a DMR and firing is just praying to the RNG Gods. 

The NR sucks on a map like countdown where all the fights are close range and lots of peak shooting. however holding down top base on nexus, it's pretty good. 

The NR also sucks for snipe body shot clean ups because it has more bloom. you have to wait longer for the bloom to reset after switching to it. 

If we're talking about TU, clearly the best gun. It has no bloom in TU so outside of close range vs DMR or just losing to a spam 5, it's better. Hell some maps don't even have power weapons. on zealot or countdown, it's literally the best weapon on the map

There’s one forge map where it has 4 NR and that’s all people pick up. 

39 minutes ago, Riddler said:

I dunno where you get it sucks on Countdown, lol. It's literally dominant if you spawn on the third floor because no one has range on you, and it's all open space so you can't be efficiently naded from below. Hell, even firing from lift to lift against a DMR will guarantee you kills because of spread.

12 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I dunno where you get it sucks on Countdown, lol. It's literally dominant if you spawn on the third floor because no one has range on you, and it's all open space so you can't be efficiently naded from below. Hell, even firing from lift to lift against a DMR will guarantee you kills because of spread.

I don't know man, I'm a NR abuser and I'm still weary on using the NR on countdown. It's incredibly difficult to win a straight up close range duel with a DMR user, you kind of have to lean on that descope advantage on larger maps. And if you get caught with your pants down on third floor radio with a NR, you might as well put your controller down so you can respawn faster. 

Just now, Stoppabl3 said:

I don't know man, I'm a NR abuser and I'm still weary on using the NR on countdown. It's incredibly difficult to win a straight up close range duel with a DMR user, you kind of have to lean on that descope advantage on larger maps. And if you get caught with your pants down on third floor radio with a NR, you might as well put your controller down so you can respawn faster. 

If you get caught with your pants down in any map you may as well, lol. And relying on descope kinda varies. It's really easy to use. You can just shoot out of scope and get an easy kill with the bullet mag of the century.

Close range fights don't really boil down to the gun you use at this point, lol. It's so incredibly dumbly hard to survive against a first shot scenario. Be it against an NR, DMR, etc. You're not losing because of the NR in that case. Most scenarios in this game just have you dying, or being forced to die. Well before you visually engage someone else, half the time.

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

If you get caught with your pants down in any map you may as well, lol. And relying on descope kinda varies. It's really easy to use. You can just shoot out of scope and get an easy kill with the bullet mag of the century.

Close range fights don't really boil down to the gun you use at this point, lol. It's so incredibly dumbly hard to survive against a first shot scenario. Be it against an NR, DMR, etc. You're not losing because of the NR in that case. Most scenarios in this game just have you dying, or being forced to die. Well before you visually engage someone else, half the time.

It’s not unusual for players to come out on top from being down a shot. Happens every game I wager. I’m just commenting on the kill time difference between the NR and DMR is a bit too much to overcome. 

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I feel like in my personal experience (we're talking about ZBNS right?) the consistency with the DMR at close range vs NR is a lot more consistent. If you miss a headshot in the middle of the gunfight with the NR at close range let alone the final headshot at the end where usually every player jumps to avoid the last headshot, you can almost forget about it with the NR. The damage per bullet is just too punishing if you miss a shot at close range with the NR. 

That being said, that bullet mag you mentioned is what makes the NR extremely solid at mid to long range. The fact that you can practically hip fire all the way across Zealot is OD lol. With the DMR, the close range strafes/out DMR is significantly more consistent though.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

I feel like in my personal experience (we're talking about ZBNS right?) the consistency with the DMR at close range vs NR is a lot more consistent. If you miss a headshot in the middle of the gunfight with the NR at close range let alone the final headshot at the end where usually every player jumps to avoid the last headshot, you can almost forget about it with the NR. The damage per bullet is just too punishing if you miss a shot at close range with the NR. 

That being said, that bullet mag you mentioned is what makes the NR extremely solid at mid to long range. The fact that you can practically hip fire all the way across Zealot is OD lol. With the DMR, the close range strafes/out DMR is significantly more consistent though.

Just saw this, lol.

I find it varies. The DMR has some pretty piss poor consistency even in close range because of spread and weird aim assist properties. And even then. Missing with the NR doesn't really feel like a thing that occurs when you move five miles an hour, lol. Same for the DMR. The biggest hurdle would be sliding upwards for the headshot, (goes both ways) but actually just maintaining the target isn't really hard because there's really no escaping it. It's not really punishing either way and the delta between the two's killtimes isn't so insane to where it's noticeable. Damage per bullet's meh when you fire faster. Only thing I think it's a problem for is bleedthrough melee but that isn't really the topic. But I find the missing to be a weird point of contention. A DMR user missing one round is arguably more punishing when you can miss one NR round and you're only essentially missing half a shot in terms of time because of the fire rate.

Unrelated, but holy dick can we get friendly fire the fuck out of this game series. For tournies, I get why it can be argued to be in, so people get punished more for stupid plays, even if I find that stupid. But they also don't have to deal with someone hounding their ass, shooting and nading them for power weapons. Unironically could not properly play a simple slayer game because people can do this endlessly. And it literally punishes the betrayed person so much more. It's not hard to figure out why every other fucking shooter game on the market doesn't tend to have friendly fire in MM settings. And the last major one I can think of that DID was launched in 2008.

I agree that missing with nr is less punishing than dmr but its also easier to hit only 5 shots compared to 7 shots. Also since the dmr has a slower rof you have more time to line up your shot. So with the nr you are more likely to miss 1 shot than with the dmr. 

What is the nr kill time anyway? It does feel significantly slower. I feel like i have the first shot by a significant margin but still lose battles before i can fire 7 shots but im not recording and going back to verify so i could easily be wrong. 

11 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Unrelated, but holy dick can we get friendly fire the fuck out of this game series. For tournies, I get why it can be argued to be in, so people get punished more for stupid plays, even if I find that stupid. But they also don't have to deal with someone hounding their ass, shooting and nading them for power weapons. Unironically could not properly play a simple slayer game because people can do this endlessly. And it literally punishes the betrayed person so much more. It's not hard to figure out why every other fucking shooter game on the market doesn't tend to have friendly fire in MM settings. And the last major one I can think of that DID was launched in 2008.

There’s a solid reason to keep FF. One example is we don’t want your teammates blind rushing while you throw grenades, and no punishment to your team. I’ve lost games because of FF, but it shows that it’s intended use is working. To punish teams for bad plays. Sure it has its negatives of people being assholes, but that doesn’t mean it should be gone. Ever played Pubg? Then you’ll understand the justification for grenades in that game. FF off is sometimes dumb in my opinion. Unless we get rid of explosives(grenades, rockets etc) then no FF shouldn’t be off. We saw how that worked in halo 4, and I remember people sticking their teammate and them walking into the enemies base killing them with no repercussion to their team. If that doesn’t speak abuse, I don’t know what does.

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

There’s a solid reason to keep FF. One example is we don’t want your teammates blind rushing while you throw grenades, and no punishment to your team. I’ve lost games because of FF, but it shows that it’s intended use is working. To punish teams for bad plays. Sure it has its negatives of people being assholes, but that doesn’t mean it should be gone. Ever played Pubg? Then you’ll understand the justification for grenades in that game. FF off is sometimes dumb in my opinion. Unless we get rid of explosives(grenades, rockets etc) then no FF shouldn’t be off. We saw how that worked in halo 4, and I remember people sticking their teammate and them walking into the enemies base killing them with no repercussion to their team. If that doesn’t speak abuse, I don’t know what does.

That isn’t abuse, nor actually viable. Literally sounds like bullshit montage plays that don’t occur in real games. Having played Halo 4 a fuckload.

People playing for money, coordinating with actual teams should be dealing with this if they want. People who want that setup should be scrimming over playing randoms online. If I’m not playing for money, and I’m not aiming to, and am forced to deal with random players who could literally just be douchebags to be douchebags, I shouldn’t have to deal with a mechanic that serves me no actual benefits, and only rewards the person nuking me. Again, it’s no surprise nearly every other game on the planet doesn’t have this mechanic.

40 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

That isn’t abuse, nor actually viable. Literally sounds like bullshit montage plays that don’t occur in real games. Having played Halo 4 a fuckload.

People playing for money, coordinating with actual teams should be dealing with this if they want. People who want that setup should be scrimming over playing randoms online. If I’m not playing for money, and I’m not aiming to, and am forced to deal with random players who could literally just be douchebags to be douchebags, I shouldn’t have to deal with a mechanic that serves me no actual benefits, and only rewards the person nuking me. Again, it’s no surprise nearly every other game on the planet doesn’t have this mechanic.

If friendly fire was off people would be a lot less cautious with their explosives usage. That means more nade and rocket kills/deaths. We don't want that, do we?

Plus the most traction you'd be getting out of this change would be Social. Comp will keep it on to reflect tournament settings. Not every competitive player scrims, most just want to jump in and play ASAP.

Plus plus griefing is funny get mad lol.

• Like (+1) 1

Not only should friendly fire be turned OFF, shooting your teammates should RECHARGE their shields.  Shooting without aim assist takes SKILL.  If you see you’re teammate taking damage, throw a TACTICAL TEAM NADE to support him.  

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 2

34 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The point of the competitive playlist is to have the exact same settings as the pros set ups. The playlist is useful for them to be able to constantly play those settings since scrims don’t happen 24/7. With FF off and on, it’ll cause players to play a different way, they start playing in a way they know no punishment will come. Do you know how many times in Warzone h5 teams will bum rush rocket spam a team? The FF being on is specifically to make teams not to make unrealistic plays. For social I think FF off be fine but competitive, no. It’s not even off In call of duty competitive. 

2 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

If friendly fire was off people would be a lot less cautious with their explosives usage. That means more nade and rocket kills/deaths. We don't want that, do we?

Plus the most traction you'd be getting out of this change would be Social. Comp will keep it on to reflect tournament settings. Not every competitive player scrims, most just want to jump in and play ASAP.

Plus plus griefing is funny get mad lol.

People are already less cautious lol. That’s my thing. Unless you’re squadding or accustomed to one, which relatively no one is for obvious reasons, people will just nade or rocket you regardless. Let alone griefers. 

The point of the competitive playlist is to have the exact same settings as the pros set ups. The playlist is useful for them to be able to constantly play those settings since scrims don’t happen 24/7. With FF off and on, it’ll cause players to play a different way, they start playing in a way they know no punishment will come. Do you know how many times in Warzone h5 teams will bum rush rocket spam a team? The FF being on is specifically to make teams not to make unrealistic plays. For social I think FF off be fine but competitive, no. It’s not even off In call of duty competitive. 

Scrims occur more than players play the playlist, however, which is my point. No actual pro worth their weight in brains and talent is gonna mostly push to play MM over scrimming. As we could see in real time with Halo 5. If scrims don’t happen, people don’t always tend to play. As we also saw in Halo 3, lol. And even when they do, they’re obviously not running it to become better at the game given what MM does. As we can see by streams that go on. 

Besides, the fact the comp list will allow you to match randoms is already a dramatic departure from actual comp. You’re never going to match that experience, meaning leeway can be given, and the people who would be affected aren’t gonna be the ones grinding the list in the first place.

Although, funny enough it seems like major issues are explosive spam. Almost like explosives and the ability to spam them in real time is the issue. Teehee.

46 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Not only should friendly fire be turned OFF, shooting your teammates should RECHARGE their shields.  Shooting without aim assist takes SKILL.  If you see you’re teammate taking damage, throw a TACTICAL TEAM NADE to support him.  

But then you can just spam nades into a crowded room and do damage to enemies and heal your teammates. Not terribly "tactical." 

29 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

People are already less cautious lol. That’s my thing. Unless you’re squadding or accustomed to one, which relatively no one is for obvious reasons, people will just nade or rocket you regardless. Let alone griefers. 

Scrims occur more than players play the playlist, however, which is my point. No actual pro worth their weight in brains and talent is gonna mostly push to play MM over scrimming. As we could see in real time with Halo 5. If scrims don’t happen, people don’t always tend to play. As we also saw in Halo 3, lol. And even when they do, they’re obviously not running it to become better at the game given what MM does. As we can see by streams that go on. 

Besides, the fact the comp list will allow you to match randoms is already a dramatic departure from actual comp. You’re never going to match that experience, meaning leeway can be given, and the people who would be affected aren’t gonna be the ones grinding the list in the first place.

Although, funny enough it seems like major issues are explosive spam. Almost like explosives and the ability to spam them in real time is the issue. Teehee.

So what would you do to explosives, and before you start no removing grenades isn’t an option because it’ll never happen.

noe 1 grenade at a time be a decent debate. A small blast radius, or possibly a 5 or 10 second cool down until you can throw the next grenade. 

So what would you do to explosives, and before you start no removing grenades isn’t an option because it’ll never happen.

noe 1 grenade at a time be a decent debate. A small blast radius, or possibly a 5 or 10 second cool down until you can throw the next grenade. 

Literally make them long cool down, non lethal impulse nades. Easy.