CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

do you guys think hang em high is a good map? i used to like the map when it was just 4 noobs playing split screen or whatever but when your facing good players it feels like most of the map is a terrible spot to be in and theres only a few good spots (camo and the biggest tower) i guess a lot of maps are like that in halo ce though. i think chill out is the best where it still has spots you want to be for map control but the bad spots never truly feel fucked 

14 minutes ago, boogerman said:

do you guys think hang em high is a good map? i used to like the map when it was just 4 noobs playing split screen or whatever but when your facing good players it feels like most of the map is a terrible spot to be in and theres only a few good spots (camo and the biggest tower) i guess a lot of maps are like that in halo ce though. i think chill out is the best where it still has spots you want to be for map control but the bad spots never truly feel fucked 

A lot of red side (the smaller tower, opposite corner to the giant ramp close to snipe) is definitely a bad position. In 2v2 red tower is solid if you have somebody else in blue, but I agree two in red is really really bad. If I'm playing with somebody who doesn't know random spawns, I'll just try to push out together and hopefully trade a life with the other team. If we survive, great we're out of red, if we die, hopefully we spawn away from red. In 4v4 the problem is amplified.

I don't mind Hang em High, but that map and Derelict I feel are overwhelmingly punishing if people don't know the spawn system.

Chill Out is a top tier map for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

HeH is the map that exposes the slight spread in the pistol (as well putting heavy emphasis on leading), and for that reason I don't have much fun playing it. Those ultra-long range battles are going to happen and sometimes it feels like a lottery, especially where connection quality is concerned.

1 hour ago, boogerman said:

The issues with that map stem more from the prevalence of random spawns than the geometry. The frequency and strength of the camo do a good enough job of forcing movement. Random spawns can help you get out of an endless trap in a bad position. You can also nade snipe to red tower and red graves pretty easily to help you fight out of there, and a good sniper at red can cause a lot of problems if his teammate is anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Silos said:

A lot of red side (the smaller tower, opposite corner to the giant ramp close to snipe) is definitely a bad position. In 2v2 red tower is solid if you have somebody else in blue, but I agree two in red is really really bad. If I'm playing with somebody who doesn't know random spawns, I'll just try to push out together and hopefully trade a life with the other team. If we survive, great we're out of red, if we die, hopefully we spawn away from red. In 4v4 the problem is amplified.

I don't mind Hang em High, but that map and Derelict I feel are overwhelmingly punishing if people don't know the spawn system.

Chill Out is a top tier map for sure.

“Theres only two spots where you want to be.” That sounds like any map on any halo lol. Midship/heretic? Pink tower or bust. Construct/derelict/pris/? Up top. Guardian? Snipe tower

However on mcc ce, the sniper is so easy that you dont care where you are, just if you can nade a snipe to yourself. The only place u dont want to be is center. Be on top blue, red shotties, camo, whatever. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Riddler said:

“Theres only two spots where you want to be.” That sounds like any map on any halo lol. Midship/heretic? Pink tower or bust. Construct/derelict/pris/? Up top. Guardian? Snipe tower

However on mcc ce, the sniper is so easy that you dont care where you are, just if you can nade a snipe to yourself. The only place u dont want to be is center. Be on top blue, red shotties, camo, whatever. 

You're right, generally there's one or maybe two power positions that you really want your team to hold on to. But other Halo spawn systems can help move you if you can't move yourself.

This is a very specific example, and only worked due to large gaps in team skill. But there were MCC H1 tournaments at Microsoft stores a couple months ago. My teammate and I spawn killed the other team at red shotguns for about fifteen kills (I swear we were running short on time, not trying to stat on kids!) not because we're that good, but the other team didn't know that they either needed to move or both die in order to leave. They were waiting for the spawn system to save them. On a map like Midship or Construct, there are power positions for sure but I don't feel you get spawn killed as bad for not knowing how spawns work compared to Derelict or Hang 'em since those maps have less places to hide against a team up top.

You're also right about sniping in MCC. I haven't read many of boogerman's posts and I'm not sure his familiarity with H1, so I didn't think of mentioning nading a snipe and going to town.

6 hours ago, boogerman said:

Most of my issues with it stem from the shitty registration on MCC. People can cross map like it's nothing or they can't land a shot at all. It's much more enjoyable on LAN. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

Not really no

Should of clarified I meant mcc ce

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

is halo ce hit reg on lan bad? 

mcc lan ce is worse than og. however, shots are easier to hit sometimes online than offline

So I’ve read some threads and people do like AR starts in BTB but the quit problem comes down to if there’s a competent team, there’s no way to comeback. Gosh 343 should just make the starting weapon the CE pistol and use the BMS for the whole game. And have abilities like sprint scatttered on the map. 

On 2/3/2020 at 11:21 PM, Arlong said:

So I’ve read some threads and people do like AR starts in BTB but the quit problem comes down to if there’s a competent team, there’s no way to comeback. Gosh 343 should just make the starting weapon the CE pistol and use the BMS for the whole game. And have abilities like sprint scatttered on the map. 

AR start BTB barely counts as a game, doubly so it it's on Reach

On 2/4/2020 at 4:10 AM, Hard Way said:

It’s almost like their real issue all along was not wanting to play against competent players...

I wish there was a way to cement this in my brain forever. Most of the time I hear people complaining about anything the root cause is very much this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:10 AM, Hard Way said:

It’s almost like their real issue all along was not wanting to play against competent players...

Least if you’re against a competent team, in dmr starts you’re not completely fucked. The real solution is for 343 to do some weapon balance changes, or simply let BTB use Anniversary settings.

• Like (+1) 1

CE: Anniversary is by far my favorite version of Reach to play (even above MLG). It would be nice if they could keep it in.

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

Nice to know. Geez is 1-2 bugs really that much? I’m no game developer, but I guess low numbers like 1-2 are a lot at times huh? 

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

Least if you’re against a competent team, in dmr starts you’re not completely fucked. The real solution is for 343 to do some weapon balance changes, or simply let BTB use Anniversary settings.

I think the BTB problem has more to do with the 3x scope and the long, open lines of sight on so many maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Nice to know. Geez is 1-2 bugs really that much? I’m no game developer, but I guess low numbers like 1-2 are a lot at times huh? 

Just depends on the bug.  But given the fact that it's 343... it's probably not that intensive of a bug fix.

"The scoreboard UI is the wrong color! We need at least three weeks to fix this" - 343i 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I think the BTB problem has more to do with the 3x scope and the long, open lines of sight on so many maps.

Yeah that’s why I’ve suggested a weapon balance change example make the DMR 2X. You yourself should look at most BTB maps in halo. They’re all open AF, but you couldn’t cross map people because of several factors. H1&3 being projectile, spread, and having 2X scopes.  In h2s case there is damage drop off at long range, and 2X scope.

5 hours ago, Hard Way said:

IT'S ALMOST AS IF SPRINT RUINS THE GAME