CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

I'm not a grammar nazi by any means but I am curious... do you pronounce Reeses like you do 'recess' ? Also, do you believe the chocolate brand is referring to the same definition? 

I sometimes on accident. Idk it’s just always been a thing I’d say since I was a kid hehe. As for the second question no. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

that sounds terrible

What sounds terrible? I gave ranges that didn’t seem too far fetched. I’m not asking for an AR to shoot accurately when a guy is on p street(sanctuary) when one person is on their flag or health pack 

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

I'm not a grammar nazi by any means but I am curious... do you pronounce Reeses like you do 'recess' ? Also, do you believe the chocolate brand is referring to the same definition? 

I always said Reece-ees.

Reece-ees piece-ees.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

The better question is do you rap the Reeses Puffs theme whenever you want a bowl?

7 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Slap on some niche uses like quick-camo, longer grenade throw arc, compass pointing towards a crouching enemy within a certain range, a strongside-like effect on the player model when viewed from the front, etc. and I'd be pretty happy with [the Assault Rifle]. 

I’m not sure that the weapon you’re holding in one hand should affect how you throw a grenade with the other but you do bring up an interesting point.  Weapons could have secondary features like the compass you mentioned.  

Let’s say Radar was not a base trait.  What if different weapons gave the user different hud widgets in the spot where Radar used to be.  The AR could have a “Wireless EKG” which is a short range Heartbeat Sensor.  Pointing your reticle at an enemy would cause a flat line to spike, like this:  

ql-ekg.jpg

Even behind a wall, a player within range could be detected by his heartbeat if your reticle was aimed at him.  Since the heart only beats once per second or so, you could easily miss a player if you were sweeping too quickly.  Additionally, you would have to specifically be paying attention to your “radar” to notice it.  Unlike something like Promethean Vision, the Wireless EKG gives no information about the enemy past his existence; not which way he is facing, not what weapon he is carrying.  

Whatcha think?

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

5 hours ago, NavG123 said:

I always said Reece-ees.

Reece-ees piece-ees.

They're the sole reason I'm fat. Can't get enough, boys! 

1 minute ago, Knighty Knight said:

They're the sole reason I'm fat. Can't get enough, boys! 

If you want to taste a better Reese’s, try Gertrude Hawk milk chocolate peanut butter Smidgens.  

8 hours ago, NavG123 said:

I always said Reece-ees.

Reece-ees piece-ees.

The man's name is Reese. The candy is his.

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

As we all know, the Reese's Puffs rap is canon. It's definitively "Reese-EHS", not "Reese-EES". It rhymes with "pieces", which is pronounced "piece-EHS".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Watch halo 3 get released on pc a month or two before infinite. Gotta say the hit reg will be worse than halo online so tons of complaints in that area will be occurring. 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Watch halo 3 get released on pc a month or two before infinite. Gotta say the hit reg will be worse than halo online so tons of complaints in that area will be occurring. 

Has there ever been a time where people haven't bitched about hit reg on Halo 3? 

41 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Has there ever been a time where people haven't bitched about hit reg on Halo 3? 

...or any multiplayer

3 hours ago, _Synapse said:

No, but if it’s hit reg was halo online good, it be a different story.

3 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

...or any multiplayer

Good point but most hit reg issues are connection related  not in game.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Thank you 343 for adding this. I know it's there as an 'experimental mode' but I launched it up, got into a game of CTF and it instantly felt so much better I can't even describe it. People actually used vehicles, far, far, far less camping. People used the power weapons on the map. You could actually walk out of spawn without being shot from across the map.
It's just, Wow. I always preferred the AR starts on the other games but I didn't realise just how much better it would make this one.

This is a waypoint post, omg kill me please. 

18 minutes ago, Arlong said:

No, but if it’s hit reg was halo online good, it be a different story.

They use the same netcode... placebo at its finest. Its easier to aim in halo online since the bullet speed is 15x faster. It doesnt have any magical code that makes the netcode better. The same thing happens for h2v/h2pc. H2pc has 3x the bullet speed. 

12 hours ago, darkstar said:

Sometimes I wish we had Supermelee24 and FixAiming back. 

Maybe for April 1st.

41 minutes ago, Arlong said:

@_Synapse are you dumb? I told you it was a waypoint post, I found. 

My bad, thought those were your actual thoughts. Then again, post wasn't the most clear. 

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

My bad, thought those were your actual thoughts. Then again, post wasn't the most clear. 

Lol i never could think AR/pistol is good for BTB, unless it’s the h5 Pistol or CE. Maybe h4 pistol but anything else is hell no.

Anyone have any rough population estimates for MCC? I'd like to know why it takes me 20 minutes to get into a ranked game of H3 while I live on the East Coast. 

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Anyone have any rough population estimates for MCC? I'd like to know why it takes me 20 minutes to get into a ranked game of H3 while I live on the East Coast. 

cuz every1 is on halo reach for hype train

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/1/2020 at 4:37 PM, Arlong said:

Good point but most hit reg issues are connection related  not in game.

That's what I was referring to