Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

What about that sentence was illiterate? Elaborate? 

C’mon man...you don’t need help with this. Legit question: Do you use “voice to text” when you post?

REESES_VIS_logo_Brand_primary.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

C’mon man...you don’t need help with this. Legit question: Do you use “voice to text” when you post?

REESES_VIS_logo_Brand_primary.jpg

Well excuse me for forgetting how the chocolate brand spells it. 

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Arlong said:

Which at the same time isn’t a bad thing. It’s still offering some form of variety. The only difference between the pistol and DMR is a range difference which isn’t wrong. 

Many on this forum disagree, believing weapons that are essentially upgrades to the starting gun should not exist.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

The h2 carbine IS a utility weapon despite the fact you never spawn with it. 

MLG Warlock 1v1s would like a word.... :simms:

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

All you kids that used to say v7 Reach was/is better than H3 v8....where the fuck are ya'll at?  I need answers!

What you talking about? It definitely is.

  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, II AdamanT II said:

Many on this forum disagree, believing weapons that are essentially upgrades to the starting gun should not exist.

Way to point out the obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

All you kids that used to say v7 Reach was/is better than H3 v8....where the fuck are ya'll at?  I need answers!

Still is, I just dgaf because Halo sucks ass.

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Still is, I just dgaf because Halo sucks ass.

I want to agree, but I hate most the maps.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Veto overall is better, but 343 disagreed simply because certain maps will always get vetoed. and I’m the person who likes to think “why is that a bad thing?” That tells me the majority hate this map,

It's bad because the majority could be 51% so now 49% of the population never gets to have what they enjoy (obviously it's not this black and white, but I'm choosing to pretend it is to make the point)? 

This is why the US two party system is such shit (opinion) and the diverse human population is better served by some of the systems in Europe that make up their parliaments based on percentage of votes cast.

If I have to choose between no vote/veto on halo or the 51% always getting what they want, I pick the former. I'd rather play some occasionally shit maps/gametypes than lose the variety of the map/settings pool. 

That being said, I'm a predominately hardcore player, so my pool is already somewhat tailored to my tastes. So take all the above with that grain of salt in mind.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Still, I think overall we should just use the h4 AR, as that’s probably the most balanced one so far. I like the idea of needed to burst fire it, but at the same time, think to myself this, “at what range is this needed?” So would this be needed say shooting at the guy on S2 from training? Or would a farther distance be in order? 

I read things like this (and I could have pulled any number examples from recent posts), and think we all need to agree on what is considered close, medium, and long+ range. In my head I consider long range as S2 shooting someone in BR2 on Lockout. Medium range would be players at opposite corners of top mid lockout engaging. Close range would be two people inside of BR2 engaging. 

This is only my opinion, but I see no reason someone on training should expect an AR to do anything to someone on S2 in PIT. If it does, I say it's OP!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, II AdamanT II said:

I read things like this (and I could have pulled any number examples from recent posts), and think we all need to agree on what is considered close, medium, and long+ range. In my head I consider long range as S2 shooting someone in BR2 on Lockout. Medium range would be players at opposite corners of top mid lockout engaging. Close range would be two people inside of BR2 engaging. 

This is only my opinion, but I see no reason someone on training should expect an AR to do anything to someone on S2 in PIT. If it does, I say it's OP!

I mean it’s not too far fetched. If you took an AR in h3 and shot a guy while on S2 or the h4 AR from training you can deal significant damage and kill them, but not before they’re able to back off.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

All you kids that used to say v7 Reach was/is better than H3 v8....where the fuck are ya'll at?  I need answers!

Reporting in.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

All you kids that used to say v7 Reach was/is better than H3 v8....where the fuck are ya'll at?  I need answers!

I still say v7 is objectively better than v8. 
 

what even inspired this post? 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Arlong said:

I mean it’s not too far fetched. If you took an AR in h3 and shot a guy while on S2 or the h4 AR from training you can deal significant damage and kill them, but not before they’re able to back off.

I agree both could (h4 no question, that thing is redic), but I'm of the camp that thinks neither should.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Riddler said:

I still say v7 is objectively better than v8. 
 

what even inspired this post? 

Maybe all of the pros inability to come up with a map/settings pool (see Lethul's stream from last night if you're not sure what I'm talking about)? 

H3 is surprisingly low on my preferred comp list, but I'll still put it above Reach (which isn't to say I haven't enjoyed this reprieve from H3 that Reach PC has brought).

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Riddler said:

I still say v7 is objectively better than v8. 
 

what even inspired this post? 

The same thing that inspires all my shit posts buddy :)

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, II AdamanT II said:

I agree both could (h4 no question, that thing is redic), but I'm of the camp that thinks neither should.

I just don’t want casuals to feel they’re weak. Nothing is wrong with giving casuals a decently powered weapon that’s easy, so long as you give the utility weapon a better average TTK than it. The h4 AR against the CE pistol would be a perfect balance. 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I just don’t want casuals to feel they’re weak. Nothing is wrong with giving casuals a decently powered weapon that’s easy, so long as you give the utility weapon a better average TTK than it. The h4 AR against the CE pistol would be a perfect balance. 

Pretty sure the Halo CE AR has a faster kill time than the H4 AR. I think what you want is range. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Pretty sure the Halo CE AR has a faster kill time than the H4 AR. I think what you want is range. 

Really? No fuck giving the AR range. It just needs to shoot decently far. What I mean is let’s say you’re in the starting points of green box on pit, and starting spraying, that should be the max range the AR can hit at. If they want to be accurate from a further distance then bloom should kick in. 

  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Playing too much H3 might be contorting my viewpoint, but I don't think the AR should be a purely non-lethal niche weapon. It's actually quite deadly in CQC in H3, where a short spray followed by a beatdown will kill. 

It's not a lolnuke either in CQC since H3 player physics are actually decent, and it's optimum range can be maneuvered out of for a clean BR kill. 

Slap on some niche uses like quick-camo, longer grenade throw arc, compass pointing towards a crouching enemy within a certain range, a strongside-like effect on the player model when viewed from the front, etc. and I'd be pretty happy with it. Just keep it out of competitive play. 

Please, just anything but the Reach AR at this point. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Do you even... what?

Bad wording, I just meant a considerable range. Like sword to trAining. P street to hut.  Also I clearly clarified what I meant by that comment. In h5 you can shoot a guy on coliseum cat walk when they’re on rockets, and be perfectly accurate, that’s ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Arlong said:

Well excuse me for forgetting how the chocolate brand spells it. 

I'm not a grammar nazi by any means but I am curious... do you pronounce Reeses like you do 'recess' ? Also, do you believe the chocolate brand is referring to the same definition? 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.