CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 minute ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Huh.

Or there is one dominant weapon, better than all the others, in which case there is no point in loadouts.  

Just now, Boyo said:

Or there is one dominant weapon, better than all the others, in which case there is no point in loadouts.  

Huh.

Can I post my halo reach 2: odst stats? I worked really hard.

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Don't have any, luckily.

Halo 3?

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

Which. Because it's pretty embarrassing on OG. MCC HC is wildly different, lol.

Both.  

Just now, Boyo said:

Both.  

Here, lol. Apparently only played 301 Halo 3 games, so you can tell how much I loved it as a kid LMAO. I can't specifically dig into my MCC shit. I'll find it in a bit since I'm in another game, and I think you can only dig good stats out of the game.

UgAKk9F.png

• Salt (-1) 2

I don’t know what’s more annoying: The Great Wall of IcePrincess posts, or the single blue heart rep under her posts that is always from Beast. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I don’t know what’s more annoying: The Great Wall of IcePrincess posts, or the single blue heart rep under her posts that is always from Beast. 

Yeah its how they stat in the forums. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Kids that argue for AR starts aren't arguing to gimp themselves. They want EVERYONE to be as gimped as they are. Loadouts wouldn't change a damn thing about that attitude.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Played a few matches of the AR BTB; I don’t play too much 8v8, but there is waaaay more quitting than usual. Can’t say I’m surprised. I grabbed a Banshee and literally nobody could kill me. But this is what these ******* on Waypoint and r/Halo asked for. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

6 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Lowkey, can we not try to ruin the game's population, like 5's was. Even if this was a "joke", this shit killed a gametype I enjoyed a lot. And is an insane sour spot.

And it doesn't prove anything. It only speaks towards party matching being an issue. Not ARs. As we saw with games that spawn you with precision weapons, and still have people stomping in massive squads. 

Let's not enforce or endorse detrimental behavior. Just provide feedback over ruining people's experiences for no reason.

Lmao my bad, while I will say it actually does prove a point to an extent, the goal with me joking with this wasn't to incite an argument over pub stomping lol.

My main point was that it just accentuates the issue of snowball effects that AR/SMG start has had for as long as I can remember -- In which if you're playing against competent players (i.e. in this specific case aKR3ZZ, Wasp, etc) this whole argument of "Dynamic map movement and epic close range encounters" argument that AR start advocates like to throw around, flies completely out the window because of how completely powerless you are to defend yourself.

The same can be applied to various events in Halo's history where something needed to be patched/modified in order for these types of things to stop happening/being abused - In Reach I think the very first thing that got fixed was Zealot. There's a reason why the top of the map was fixed in like the first month -- That's because if you were in Onyx at the beginning of the game like I was, you'll see that every team instantaneously ran up the lifts at the beginning and just camped the entire game on that little dome. Did these teams ruin the experience in the game? Absolutely; I was pissed because I think I was close to having the most ELO in that playlist at the beginning. But that negative impact caused a change for the better very quickly.

All that being said, I think the BTB AR start casuals are safe for now, we can all chill lol.

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

Played a few matches of the AR BTB; I don’t play too much 8v8, but there is waaaay more quitting than usual. Can’t say I’m surprised. I grabbed a Banshee and literally nobody could kill me. But this is what these ******* on Waypoint and r/Halo asked for. 

One of their main arguments from the thread I was reading this morning is that with DMR starts "Vehicles are completely useless!" which many (including Stoppabl3 in that very thread) said no, once you lose DMR starts you're going to start seeing Banshees murder you with absolutely no penalty.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Vehicles in halo have such a bad reputation. I think halo 5 saw a good balance where their power was high but could be destroyed easily with solid team shots. 
now with that said I’ll make my point.

1. Halos vehicles are in a spot of love and dislike, because they’re either too weak or too strong. In halo reach case the banshe is op in the hands of a good player, and even more so on Ar/pistol starts which creates more spawn killing, and more rage quitting. Just goes to show the real solution would of been to make the DMR mid range than long, since the pistol isn’t accurate enough, although if they replaced everything with the CE pistol then things wouldn’t be so bad. 
2. People love vehicular combat in games, but most games never can strike a proper balance when it comes to infantry vs vehicles. I suspect one big complaint was the warthog and how it’s gunner is easily shot off? I think if they had side shields(jackel shields) that would be fair no? 
(This love goes back to the days of the original battlefront games I suspect, and tbh the vehicles in EA BF2 aren’t so bad themselves regarding balance)
3. People want a chaotic experience in big team battle. They want constant map pushing and fighting, close quarter situations, the only issue with that is the map design, player count, weapon balance, etc etc. it doesn’t work like that, people need to understand. Battlefront and battlefield bring those experiences we’ll but there’s an old saying “but I want that here” this means they’d like that but with the gameplay of halo. But if something like Warzone can barely make that happen, then reach BTB sure as hell ain’t. 

> Wow, this thread was just dust n' semen for about a solid week, now I got 3 pages to catch up on! Something must have happened.

But of course it's only more Ice Princess crap.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:04 PM, The Tyco said:

Thought you all might be interested in this post from r/DestinyTheGame.

An interesting read up on player attitudes towards meta and skill gap, using Halo for many examples.

I'm glad that he hit on the fact that all most people - even involved community members, as opposed to just random Timmys making their one thread and then leaving - seem to do when pitching solutions for where their favorite game/franchise is going wrong is cry for nerfs and put absolutely no additional thought into it. Blanket nerfing solves nothing. Ill-advised nerfing over the years (damage, range, rate of fire, clip size) turned the shotgun from a close-quarters offensive beast into a defense-only weapon that can only be used effectively while corner camping, and thus encourages that behavior.

I've never once understand why any Halo player would want to start with a non-precision weapon.  I have more respect for people that play SWAT seriously. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

I've never once understand why any Halo player would want to start with a non-precision weapon.  I have more respect more people that play SWAT seriously. 

bEcAuSe NoW wEaPoNs On ThE mAp ArE aCtUaLlY uSeFuL.

The translation is that people don't like to feel like they aren't good at the games they're playing, and nothing deletes the skillgap like starting with spray and pray weapons. 

• Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

I've never once understand why any Halo player would want to start with a non-precision weapon.  I have more respect more people that play SWAT seriously. 

They’re just casuals not die hards man.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Hully said:

bEcAuSe NoW wEaPoNs On ThE mAp ArE aCtUaLlY uSeFuL.

The translation is that people don't like to feel like they aren't good at the games they're playing, and nothing deletes the skillgap like starting with spray and pray weapons. 

I think splitgate strikes a proper balance. In terms of gameplay the game plays mostly like halo. You have an AR that’s strong but a precision weapon that’s vastly superior and takes more skill too. 

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

I think splitgate strikes a proper balance. In terms of gameplay the game plays mostly like halo. You have an AR that’s strong but a precision weapon that’s vastly superior and takes more skill too. 

You've said this a few times but the magnum barely killed faster than automatics in that game. Autos had random spread and headshot multipliers. The difference between all headshots and all body shots was only 1 shot. And there was no shield system so you'd just hit your 1 headshot and then body spam the rest. The game clearly has Halo inspiration and I suppose it is "close"to it but I don't know if I'd look to it for inspiration for anything. 

It's literally astonishing how dumb r/halo is. They would literally ruin BTB because they're too fucking stupid not to waddle around aimlessly in the middle of some pasture on Forge World.

"Muh vehicles are useless!"

Yeah... because your dumb ass doesn't know how to use them smdh.

• Like (+1) 3

How is it bad idea to stomp AR kids and show them beyond a reasonable doubt that AR starts are a god-awful idea? These people are never going to listen to solid arguments no matter how hard you try so maybe getting steaked and spawntrapped every once in a while will show them.

The only problem is that playing the AR playlists sends 343 the message that this is something people actually wanted. Which is obviously not the case because we spent more time in MM than in games yesterday when playing BTB ARs. Also you can play as a Dino in BTB KOTH which is amusing.

• Like (+1) 2