CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

21 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

Lmaoooo RIIIPPPPP :laughing: I shouldn't have even said anything, I feel like I jinxed it

Jesus...

343 caved in a matter of weeks. Mine while we’ve been complaining about sprint for more then a decade and we get crumbs. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stoppabl3 said:

Jesus...

343 caved in a matter of weeks. Mine while we’ve been complaining about sprint for more then a decade and we get crumbs. 

It's because r/halo worships 343 while we point out actual flaws in their games and decision making

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

Jesus...

Bro I should go tell KR3ZZ to get Domination and the rest of those guys and go into that playlist and steam roll every team for a week straight just to prove a point lol. Especially since there apparently isn't any team matching. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

Seems like a plus to me aside from splitting the population. Now you don't have to play AR starts ever again.

Social 4v4
  • Team Slayer option has been replaced with “Precision Slayer” and “Auto Slayer.” Historically, we’ve compromised by combining these into a single selection. We fully understand that different players have different preferences here, so now we offer players control over their starting weapon.
  • Precision Slayer includes weapon starts of DMR, BR, or Magnum.
  • Auto Slayer includes weapon starts of AR, SMG, and Halo 4 loadout starts.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Lukes said:

Seems like a plus to me aside from splitting the population. Now you don't have to play AR starts ever again.

It's not really splitting the population when you can search both together.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sitri said:

It's not really splitting the population when you can search both together.

But it is splitting it actually. What if you as a precision lover can’t find games since the majority has auto selected? 

1 hour ago, -DeucEy- said:

Bro I should go tell KR3ZZ to get Domination and the rest of those guys and go into that playlist and steam roll every team for a week straight just to prove a point lol. Especially since there apparently isn't any team matching. 

Honestly, for the good of the game, please go educate through pain. I can’t encourage this enough.

Edit: And please don’t think playlist managers think these settings are any good. This is very much a “be careful what you wish for” scenario. They know very well that sometimes you gotta give someone what they ask for for them to understand they don’t really want it.

2 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

Lowkey, can we not try to ruin the game's population, like 5's was. Even if this was a "joke", this shit killed a gametype I enjoyed a lot. And is an insane sour spot.

And it doesn't prove anything. It only speaks towards party matching being an issue. Not ARs. As we saw with games that spawn you with precision weapons, and still have people stomping in massive squads. 

Let's not enforce or endorse detrimental behavior. Just provide feedback over ruining people's experiences for no reason.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

13 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Lowkey, can we not try to ruin the game's population, like 5's was. Even if this was a "joke", this shit killed a gametype I enjoyed a lot. And is an insane sour spot.

And it doesn't prove anything. It only speaks towards party matching being an issue. Not ARs. As we saw with games that spawn you with precision weapons, and still have people stomping in massive squads. 

Let's not enforce or endorse detrimental behavior. Just provide feedback over ruining people's experiences for no reason.

Feedback doesn't work. The people who think BTB AR Starts live in an idealist  fantasy land where everything goes exactly as they imagine all the time, when the reality is that the games will be steam rolls the second any competent players grabs a DMR. 

The reality is that this is being tested because their is a large group that genuinely believes AR starts would be better, through no fault of their own, because they have never experienced why they are garbage. Unless people go in and hoard the DMR's to demonstrate just how terrible AR starts for BTB is, its entirely possible AR BTB becomes the standard, not an experimental setting.

• Like (+1) 4

I mean the obvious course of action would be just to not play AR start BTB if it's split from BTB, as I'm sure a lot of people will do because it's similar to putting the most popular playlist at the top. 

AR starts really shouldn't be defended, even if people should be allowed to play the game how they want, people will quit entirely once they get pub stomped even harder in AR BTB. 

On the real, though. I do find the Slayer options being added to be golden. The Precision and AR Slayer ones. And I find it funny that the only game to not suffer from this or have a noticeable effect on gameplay IS Halo 4. If you pick auto Slayer for 4, you can use an AR, or you could spawn with your BR, or DMR. Because loadouts give you the choice to use any weapon you want, properly, and you're not gimped in social. It's funny as hell to me that there's this giant debate over AR/DMR starts for Reach that could be solved like this. At no real cost to the player or gameplay. Of course, you know, adding loadouts like 4's to Reach would be logistically difficult, but this wouldn't even be a debate or a PROBLEM if Reach operated identical to how 4 does now. Unironically. Because people could just use the DMR if they wanted, while having the choice to run an AR. While HC has specific, tailor-made settings. Player choice best.

4 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Feedback doesn't work. The people who think BTB AR Starts live in an idealist fucking fantasy land where everything goes exactly as they imagine all the time, when the reality is that the games will be steam rolls the second any competent players grabs a DMR. 

Stomping random people in massive squads doesn't work. Even if they don't listen to feedback, at least it's a non-detrimental avenue to pursue. And there's a massive difference between 8 manning BTB, and just having DMR pickups with proper squad matching. A MASSIVE one.

• Like (+1) 1

One problem with AR starts is that the team who secures the precision weapons can dominate the team spawning with ARs, right?  Would modifying the map’s weapon set to not include precision weapons solve that problem?  

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

One problem with AR starts is that the team who secures the precision weapons can dominate the team spawning with ARs, right?  Would modifying the map’s weapon set to not include precision weapons solve that problem?  

Team duals was the shit

Removing precision weapons just makes BTB worse. Giving the option to choose AR or DMR won't stop people from complaining about others starting with a "power weapon"

Just now, OG Nick said:

Removing precision weapons just makes BTB worse. Giving the option to choose AR or DMR won't stop people from complaining about others starting with a "power weapon"

Vehicles and power weapons would become even more powerful but isn’t that kinda what the AR kids want?  To be able to roll kids who can’t fight back effectively?  

Regarding loadouts, you’re right.  Loadouts aren’t going to make AR kids happy when other players aren’t spawning equal to them.  

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Regarding loadouts, you’re right.  Loadouts aren’t going to make AR kids happy when other players aren’t spawning equal to them.  

Then that's their fault. You have no one to be unhappy with, or fault, bar yourself if you choose to spawn with an AR and get rolled by precision weapons you can ALSO spawn with. Much better fate for "unhappiness" than having pretty dumb map pickups be dominant and being forced to use ARs, or just being forced to use ARs at all, lol. Player choice in social>>>>>>>Forced dumb settings. Gives everyone what they want, no need for separation.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Because loadouts give you the choice to use any weapon you want, properly, and you're not gimped in social.

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

You have no one to be unhappy with, or fault, bar yourself if you choose to spawn with an AR and get rolled by precision weapons

Which is it?

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Which is it?

That's literally the same point, just worded in opposite ends. You're not gimped in social, because ideally, it's your choice to be gimped with loadouts. Not down to the game forcing you to be. It's not a "which is it" question.

35 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Feedback doesn't work. The people who think BTB AR Starts live in an idealist  fantasy land where everything goes exactly as they imagine all the time, when the reality is that the games will be steam rolls the second any competent players grabs a DMR.

They don't even need that. The first team to lose their Warthog might as well stop playing. That thing melts way faster than the pistol, and actually has some accuracy.

Everyone saying anything positive about AR starts never played SMG starts, or AR start standoff against people who knew anything about playing with coordination. 

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Everyone saying anything positive about AR starts never played SMG starts, or AR start standoff against people who knew anything about playing with coordination. 

On a typical 4v4 map, there are no vehicles.  Replace Sniper Rifles with Focus Rifles.  Replace Rockets with Camo.  Something along those lines.  

If a set of weapons are designed to be “loadout weapons” then they should be fairly equal right?  Is that what we want, a whole group of weapons that’s really just the same one reskinned?  If the weapons aren’t equal then it’s rocks paper scissor which is not what halo is about.  Equal spawns, gain your advantages from off the map.

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

If the weapons aren’t equal then it’s rocks paper scissor which is not what halo is about.

Huh.