CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 hours ago, _Synapse said:

It's ridiculous how much better the forged maps are in Reach compared to the base maps. 

I think Nexus, Unconquered, Select and Synapse alone are more fun than any dev map in Reach. Amazing how a developer can be so divorced from what makes their games good. 

Does anyone have these maps in their file share?  Also tryna find Oasis if anyone has it.

2 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Does anyone have these maps in their file share?  Also tryna find Oasis if anyone has it.

WALDO the lemon for Oasis, SecretSchnitzel for Select, and AtlasIsShruggin for Unconquered. I forgot who made Synapse but they have "black" in their name.

• Upvote (+1) 3

2 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

WALDO the lemon for Oasis, SecretSchnitzel for Select, and AtlasIsShruggin for Unconquered. I forgot who made Synapse but they have "black" in their name.

HWM BlacKnight

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Select is awful, Synapse is another bland Midship riff, Nexus is solid, I've never heard of Unconquered.

Can you name me a dev map in Reach that's any better?

Never found Select particularly bad, it doesn't follow the Countdown/Zealot style of making all the spots with decent field of vision into power positions. 

I feel like map names, much like pro team names, suck absolute weens now.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Can you name me a dev map in Reach that's any better?

Never found Select particularly bad, it doesn't follow the Countdown/Zealot style of making all the spots with decent field of vision into power positions. 

Zealot and Countdown could easily stand with or be better than forge maps (Especially being sym CTF), but they suffer from Reach's broken spawns, mostly. The fact Nexus mostly plays KotH just exacerbates Reach's issues with bleedthrough, nades, and health regen, more than the former two could. Sanc blows ass with jetpack snipes dominating, and Pit is actual trash given spawns, as well. Don't even think Select and Synapse are in HC, and if they are, they're played so little, I don't even care.

5 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I feel like map names, much like pro team names, suck absolute weens now.

I do miss 2 and 3 word names with some actual character. These 1 word tryhard thesaurus map names are very played out. But remember, these maps were named in like 2011 when that shit was all the rage.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

21 hours ago, The Tyco said:

I always thought it would have been cool if Forge maps, with enough community and dev approval, could be given an official dev treatment.

I recommended doing this for some of the better Forge creations from past halos as part of the Infinite map pool as a compromise for them NOT remaking lockout, midship, pit, for the 5th time. This way you get a "remake" of a known commodity so it will likely play well, but because it would be dev created for the first time it will definitely look fresh.

• Like (+1) 4

Thought you all might be interested in this post from r/DestinyTheGame.

An interesting read up on player attitudes towards meta and skill gap, using Halo for many examples.

• Fire (+1) 3

7 hours ago, The Tyco said:

An interesting read up on player attitudes towards meta and skill gap, using Halo for many examples.

I’m in the boat of “why should their be only one meta”? 

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I’m in the boat of “why should their be only one meta”? 

One of the points of the post is there's no such thing as multiple metas coexisting. There's always going to be an established way to play the game. You can shift or change a meta, but there's only going to one.

• Like (+1) 2

I wish there were more people who like the things I like in Halo.

I've been searching for a game in the ranked Reach team slayer playlist for like 20 minutes, and I haven't found a single person. I'm only ranked 18 too, so I should still be able to match lower ranks, the playlist is just dead.

21 hours ago, The Tyco said:

None of the sentiments in this post are wrong in isolation, but they're applied in the complete wrong context to Destiny 2 (the comments explain why in short order) and some of the points are contradictory. For example, there are a lot of people complaining about the competitive balance of some of Destiny 2's weapons, but OP is dismissing them by effectively asserting that complaining about the CE pistol and complaining about the H5 sniper are equally immature. They ain't.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

I wish there were more people who like the things I like in Halo.

I've been searching for a game in the ranked Reach team slayer playlist for like 20 minutes, and I haven't found a single person. I'm only ranked 18 too, so I should still be able to match lower ranks, the playlist is just dead.

It’s not the game mode itself, it’s ranked. People get too discouraged to play ranked in some games. They’d rather pub stomp than do so, or they feel their skills aren’t good enough so instead of striving to improve, they just say “why bother”. People are afraid of pressure and the toxicity that comes with ranked. Hells this is what happens when you have more than one ranked playlist. Most games that have a ranked mode, usually have one playlist!  Hell I can’t act like I haven’t contributed to that toxicity, I’ve given teammates shit for not getting a kill or going for the obj. 

Halo is one of those games people do not like the competitive scene in, also in halos pc case people don’t want to play ranked because of controller abuse(thanks 343). Lol it’s literally one of the biggest complaints regarding hardcore.  PC gamers don’t respect controller players, because tbh we don’t feel those skills should be acknowledged when most of the time the auto aim is just a soft aim bot, especially in pc games with higher FPS!  The 1-50 ranking isn’t as great as some people think, which is honestly why we should of just went with the modern ranking, with a usual, play ten games then you’re in a division. This ranking makes more sense and is easier to understand. Bronze and silver, silver and gold(my fair lady) gold and plat, plat and diamond, diamond and onyx, and onyx and champion should match each other. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I was a bit bored this morning before going to work, so I decided to hop on Halowaypoint for a little while and just see what's up with the forums and I can't believe 15 years later we're still having this discussion. (Not going to link it because rules and whatnot but) The "DMR Start" Problem thread is hilarious. Reading back and watching people like @Stoppabl3  @arglactable and @Basu try to argue this logic through the sea of casuals has had me entertained for at least 45 minutes lmao.

I'm going to read this all day, this is great.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

None of the sentiments in this post are wrong in isolation, but they're applied in the complete wrong context to Destiny 2 (the comments explain why in short order) and some of the points are contradictory. For example, there are a lot of people complaining about the competitive balance of some of Destiny 2's weapons, but OP is dismissing them by effectively asserting that complaining about the CE pistol and complaining about the H5 sniper are equally immature. They ain't.

What I got out of it was that a level of stoicism is required if you wish to be great at any game at a high level. That the complaints never end even if you have a game with a perfectly healthy meta, or a shit one. Only complaints that present a deeper understanding of the game, are the ones that deserve any chance at shifting the meta. But even if you did, and made the game healthier, making everyone happy would never happen. That's just something that communities have to accept. I've accepted this about H5, and that is why I don't play it.

For example, H5's Sniper has valid issues, and we currently just deal with and play around it. If 343, hypothetically today, nerfed its Bullet magnetism, I know everyone here and the respective comp community would rejoice. But every average player will still complain about getting sniped. It's inevitable.

I know not everything is a 1:1 example in the OP,  due to it mainly criticizing the Destiny communities constant need to shift metas. But I still think it was solid, reflective post.

39 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

I was a bit bored this morning before going to work, so I decided to hop on Halowaypoint for a little while and just see what's up with the forums and I can't believe 15 years later we're still having this discussion. (Not going to link it because rules and whatnot but) The "DMR Start" Problem thread is hilarious. Reading back and watching people like @Stoppabl3  @arglactable and @Basu try to argue this logic through the sea of casuals has had me entertained for at least 45 minutes lmao.

maan at first I was like 

24d0e59984a2f347ae9addb459dd6bbd.gif

then after a couple pages of casual nonsense I was like

tenor.gif

Had to give up on that thread. Especially when I realized I was talking about Halo reach.. one of the worst games in the series. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

I thought it was entertaining to read the thread, but knew it was a lost cause beforehand. Then someone saying the DMR has an "insanely fast time to kill" was like hitting the lottery on uninformed opinions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

36 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

maan at first I was like 

<gif>

then after a couple pages of casual nonsense I was like

<gif>

Had to give up on that thread. Especially when I realized I was talking about Halo reach.. one of the worst games in the series. 

My favorite was when the guy told you to "git gud" and then proceeded to say that he intentionally uses the AR in DMR start game modes and said he kicks -Yoink- consistently lmao. This thread is godlike.

35 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

I thought it was entertaining to read the thread, but knew it was a lost cause beforehand. Then someone saying the DMR has an "insanely fast time to kill" was like hitting the lottery on uninformed opinions. 

Oh I knew it was a lost cause the moment I clicked on the thread, always interesting seeing the perspective from the other side though.

1 hour ago, -DeucEy- said:

Arguing with these people is extremely tiring which is why I quit doing it for the most part. No matter what you say, they find a way to twist it and bring you down to their level of dumbassery and then "beat you" because it's their natural territory. I will never understand what kind of twisted logic thinks the Reach Banshee is "useless" just because it can get killed if three people drop what they're doing and DMR it out of the sky.

It's funny to read but it's also really depressing because this is 343s target audience and it's because of the average player's lack of understanding when it comes to game mechanics and balance that Halo will always remain a mediocre shooter, at least in default settings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It’s really unfair how they won’t add VETO, simply because some maps will get vetoed too often. Fuck you 343! 

• Upvote (+1) 3

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

The DMR's ttk definitely isn't "insanely fast", however, in MCC the DMR's rof is considerably faster than in the base game. Pair that with the reduced bloom of the TU settings and I can kinda see where they're coming from. If in close range, the DMR can and does melt you fairly frequently.

All I'm saying is that 343 needs to fix the rof.

New MCC update notes are actually just getting worse

Rotated in experimental AR starts category containing AR start versions of all core Halo: Reach 8v8 map and game variants

Also they keep saying "CE:A" is going to be flighted soon. Is this in reference to CE or the Reach version of CE that won't be of any interest to most people?

Lmaoooo RIIIPPPPP :laughing: I shouldn't have even said anything, I feel like I jinxed it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1