CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

15 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

He was a passionate young man who thought that insulting everyone all the time was the best way to roll.

Wow that's not true at all. But go ahead. 

21 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

What is true?

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What is true?

Cooper had 50s on all his accounts and point checked everyone so hard, they pissed their pants. He had to be removed for the safety of the community. That is the whole truth.

• Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

@Boyo After reading his profile the actual ban reason was because he kept going on about how bad a players dad's parenting was for letting them play games. Like he would not drop that shit.

Edit: Beast was correct, other than the above he was just captain contrarian. Mix that with condescension and you get conversation derails all the time.

To be fair, cooper is a parent. It may have been kinda dickish but it's not that out of line.

Man haven’t had an eye exam in a year and even with my glasses I can’t pass the dmv test. Now I need new glasses. Was thinking something was up since to see things when playing halo or other video games I’ve been struggling. Sometimes to see things right in front of me. 

• Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

42 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Why the FUCK is Tombstone in the H2 Rumble Pit mapset? 

Legacy.

• Like (+1) 1

343 haven't done well with the maps at all. Getting Uplift every second game is a joke.

• Like (+1) 1

Highlands is definitely one of the worst BTB maps. They need to reduce its weighting.

Also... there's a weird absence of the vast majority of the forge maps from the base game. Wayont, Trident, Renegade, Mt Lam Lam, etc. Where are they?

• Like (+1) 1

This guys video is spot on.

through out the video I got to thinking about universal settings. Reach just has so much bitching with no solution in sight, at the very least no solution that wouldn’t require a TU 2.0

you got fans that want TU or vanilla. No Bleedthrough, AR vs DMR(even when you explain the faults of AR starts, pc players come up with delusions of controlling these weapons(lol 15 second respawn timers on them I’ll add) and that theyre power weapons/the dmr as a mini power weapon). I prey that h2&3 can bring back a good chunk of players. That game doesn’t have a huge diversity of game mode settings that’ll frustrate players. I’m sure some will complain about BR starts, but they won’t complain about them as much as they complained about dmr starts. Since the main issues regarding that weapon is cross mapping, and too much damage to vehicles.

• Fire (+1) 1

The thumbnail for that video is kind of hilarious, as if the population drop was representative of people being fed up with the game of Reach. That population drop was inevitable, even if the launch was flawless.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1

Shocker that the worst out of the box Halo has "atrocious twitch numbers" after almost two months. He's not wrong in that this was another botched rushed port that they abandoned and left to rot for six weeks, but let's not kid ourselves that fucking Reach was going to bring Halo back on top.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The thumbnail for that video is kind of hilarious, as if the population drop was representative of people being fed up with the game of Reach. That population drop was inevitable, even if the launch was flawless.

Yeah but the population drop is HUGE. Going from a 100k plus to5-6k on average isn’t a good thing! We don’t even know the population of windows store but I guarantee that’s low AF too.

You know what would be great is if we had a voting system like cod, where it only gives you two options. Why should the 90% have to play the maps the 10% enjoy? People talk about playing the same maps all the time, but you know what! I think that’s a GOOD thing! It tells me that these maps are GOOD! When map voting was here, I played pit, guardian, sanctuary, all the time, some of my favorite maps. It be rare for me to play snowbound or epitaph. Map voting may have its flaws but to me those flaws are only flaws to the 10%. Sure in mcc case when we had cross game playlist and h3 being chosen 90% the time, but with the current match composer that’s instantly solved. I think a map voting but only two maps(no veto) is better because if the two options are shit , people will pick the lesser of two evils. But they won’t complain because they had a CHOICE! Taking away choice from gamers has always been disliked by the community. Sometimes it’s perfectly ok such as removal of load outs with h5, but it’s not ok regarding something as simple giving people an ability to not get a shitty map. Funnily enough the bad maps all look amazing(design wise) but play terribly. 
sometimes food looks good but taste like a hunk of shit.

27 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Yeah but the population drop is HUGE. Going from a 100k plus to5-6k on average isn’t a good thing! We don’t even know the population of windows store but I guarantee that’s low AF too.

It is huge, but it is not the least bit surprising. As the video says, Reach is old and from a franchise that's suffering fatigue. As the video does not say, Reach sucks.

Reach is old and sucks.

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It is huge, but it is not the least bit surprising. As the video says, Reach is old and from a franchise that's suffering fatigue. As the video does not say, Reach sucks.

Reach is old and sucks.

It’s unexpected when the pc crowd hasn’t had a halo game(that’s modern) to play. Reach from a certain standpoint wasn’t a bag game to start with. It’s got amazing visuals and graphics, great customization. Great forge, except it’s not available because there’s no mouse and key controls which tbh Is a stupid reason to not include it. I guarantee the average pc gamer has a controller or two laying around since, some games aren’t very fun playing with a mouse and key(fighting games for example) . It’s just rts games and shooters(and mmos) that are mouse and key friendly. 

16 minutes ago, Arlong said:

It’s unexpected when the pc crowd hasn’t had a halo game(that’s modern) to play. Reach from a certain standpoint wasn’t a bag game to start with. It’s got amazing visuals and graphics, great customization. Great forge, except it’s not available because there’s no mouse and key controls which tbh Is a stupid reason to not include it. I guarantee the average pc gamer has a controller or two laying around since, some games aren’t very fun playing with a mouse and key(fighting games for example) . It’s just rts games and shooters(and mmos) that are mouse and key friendly. 

This is the mistake that everyone was making and that I was emphatically trying to correct the whole time. The idea that there was this giant horde of people waiting to play MCC on PC was wrong from the start; Halo was always on console, and the numbers for MCC and H5 on console were shit, so why would there be some hidden reserve of PC players waiting to crush old Halo games? If they were Halo fans and were itching to contribute to a persistent user base, they would've already had an Xbox and they would've been playing MCC or H5 already on console. The numbers on PC are shit because the interest was never there. People did exactly what was predicted, they played the campaign and then logged off.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The numbers on PC are shit because the interest was never there. People did exactly what was predicted, they played the campaign and then logged off.

I agree with you, however I'm in the weird camp that thinks 5000 is pretty good. Not like old glory days good, but I didn't think interest would last this long.

I know they're not officially supported ways to play,  but Custom Edition and Project Cartographer exist. If there was that much of a demand to play, I feel like those two would have been more popular before MCC came out. Even from a competitive perspective, very few people on either of those games were playing competitive modes.

Reach did better than I expected, so I think Halo 3 will probably do better than I originally thought as well. But I really don't think Halo coming to PC is going to do wonders for competitive interest.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm of the opinion that Halo 3 isn't going to do nearly as well as people think it is, and the sole reason for that is because 1) no mod support, and 2) the original, primitive iteration of Forge. People are going to get very tired very quickly of the limitations of Halo 3's customizations, and the gameplay is going to prove very stale, nevermind the possibility that the netcode issues might persist.

• Like (+1) 1