CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

11 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Can we all take a minute to appreciate @Vyrst's contribution to this thread.

kAVpXwJ.png

7CYktU3.gif

• Like (+1) 2

A MM ban lasts exactly as long as the match you just quit out of, so you can run into the same to4 ruining the playlist the next game. Great design. Can we get the feature back where you block people and can't match them anymore? Those were the days.

27 minutes ago, Basu said:

A MM ban lasts exactly as long as the match you just quit out of, so you can run into the same to4 ruining the playlist the next game. Great design. Can we get the feature back where you block people and can't match them anymore? Those were the days.

I wish that was a thing still too. Also wasn’t that only a feature in H5?

23 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I wish that was a thing still too. Also wasn’t that only a feature in H5?

MCC too.

1 hour ago, Basu said:

No because then bad kids block all the competition.. That's not cool

Then they either never find matches or get their 50s playing against brain dead kids

1 minute ago, znot said:

Then they either never find matches or get their 50s playing against brain dead kids

Not in ranked obivously. Ranked also has party restrictions so this isn't an issue.

9 minutes ago, Basu said:

Not in ranked obivously. Ranked also has party restrictions so this isn't an issue.

Ahhh fair enough guyyyy. It was bringing up PTSD from xbone. 

When kids were blocking good ppl and the good ppl were getting bad rep because of it.

Oh man remember when 343's solution to the quitting problem was to just lower their rep every time they quit. Man I can't wait for their Halo Infinite ideas!

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, znot said:

I like that it was for social only. It was a proper way to avoid to the people searching big parties in BTB or Warzonre. Eventually 343 removed that. Gosh Idk why we can’t have partial party matching in social. Full team matching yes is too far, but in no shape or form should 4 or 8 solos match a massive party. 

• Like (+1) 1

They should just make a game that doesn't suck 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

They should just make a game that doesn't suck 

I mean that doesn’t fix shit bro . It could be the best halo ever and if the mm system allows parties to match solos, Without even a duo or triple squad being on their side Then shit will always suck. Party matching is a must and a great need. Heck’s even bo4(and I’ll assume MW community) had huge threads complaining of matching full  parties. Some people believe that just because it’s social means they shouldn’t need to sweat all the time which is partly their fault for searching full squads. But then my question is this? Why should you be allowed to match scrubs and pub stomp? It’s not the games fault that the people who search full parties of four are good at the game like yourselves. Sure an MMR could help out here, but mmrs are so inaccurate at times. Just some form of partial team matching is in order. 
Quick play from h5 is probably one of thee best social playlist ever, since it allows a Mac party size of two so you’re guaranteed to never match a full party of 4. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I mean that doesn’t fix shit bro . It could be the best halo ever and if the mm system allows parties to match solos, Without even a duo or triple squad being on their side Then shit will always suck. 

If the game was good it wouldn't have systems that suck.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Anyone else despise how bad the default settings / hardcore settings gap has gotten? 

CE: Very basic changes, functionally the same except for voiced timers and displayed random spawn locations. 

H2: Some disallowed jumps and pickups on certain maps, BR starts.

H3: Faster BMS and jump height, raised weapon damage, most maps have their weapon spawns different, some changed player spawns, BR starts. 

Reach: Faster BMS, higher jump height, bleedthrough, no bloom, completely changed weapon spawns, no AA, completely different player spawns, and forge maps. 

H5 is somewhat decent in this regard as it managed to keep things streamlined even if autos were annoyingly broken and radar was left in. 

The Bungie circlejerk really has to die. They progressively ruined each game they released, in terms of base MM settings. H:CE was good on complete accident, H2 was good through an even less likely accident, H3 was mechanically solid though a big downgrade from H2's shooting/melee and had terrible settings for standard play that were completely different in ranked MLG.

Reach was the first game they were actually competent enough to tailor the game to their vision, and it blew dicks out its ass to the point where MLG settings were basically a different Halo game. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

If the game was good it wouldn't have systems that suck.

Then every game out there sucks. Most games don’t have party matching for social. I know you don’t play many games fam but that’s literally the case in all the mainstream games with a competitive platform. I’m not speaking on competitive for say, I’m saying when it comes to social play most games don’t have any methods that can make matches “fair”. 

13 hours ago, _Synapse said:

H:CE was good on complete accident

Lebel without a cause?

• Thonking (+0) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

How is it that skill ranks still dont appear anywhere in the pre or post game lobbies?

It's like we're back in H4 where you have to fucking guess what your rank is or go to a third party website.  43 steps backwards.  

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

How is it that skill ranks still dont appear anywhere in the pre or post game lobbies?

It's like we're back in H4 where you have to fucking guess what your rank is or go to a third party website.  43 steps backwards.  

Because 343 doesn’t want people seeing who they’re matching. People attend to dodge.

What a cool dude. He can hang out with Cooper.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

What a cool dude. He can hang out with Cooper.

I feel like I missed out on an era when I have no idea who cooper is.

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I feel like I missed out on an era when I have no idea who cooper is.

He was a passionate young man who thought that insulting everyone all the time was the best way to roll.

• Toxic (+1) 1