CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Next person to unironically post stats or ask for someone's GT to check stats in order to validate their self worth gets a weeks ban.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I went to Patch/Nistic’s house last night to to LAN H1 and watch the Conor McGregor fight. Teamed with Patch against Nistic and Wraith. I’ve never had to think so fast in my fucking life. What a fun night.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Literally haven't been around in years, but I had to drop in post Reach to get up to speed on where everyone is at.  Largely gaming on PC these days, put stupid hours into Ring Of Elysium because it's waaay more forgiving to my old ass than PUBG who has no time to super sweat, and my girl loves it and when you find a game you can play together, you stick with it.

That said, MCC on PC has transitioned almost my entire PC gaming group over, and despite it being solidly in last position on my personal Halo ranking list, I have been enjoying it.

ish.

We tend to have full groups of 6-8 and have been rolling BTB most nights, and despite the fact that most objective based matches turn into stalemates, it's some of the greatest "I worked all day, the baby just went to bed, I need mindless entertainment" Halo I think I've ever played.

However, I go back and forth on standard 4v4s being playable, or actually being the lowest point in the series (fuck you I played thousands of hours of H4 and enjoyed it).  Here's my short list:

• Bloom is the deadest of dead horses, next.
  • Shield recharge time.  I timed this in big team the other day.  Naded myself, and started a timer, and it took 8.7 seconds until I was full recharge.  You straight up can't start fights again until you're fully recharged in Reach.  I also find myself stepping out before shields I recharged way too often, like the recharge sound isn't loud enough, or the shield UI is too subtle, which leads to...
  • Reach's aesthetics are pinnacle form over function.  I've tried monitor contrast, I've tried brightness to the point of headaches, everything is a muddy mess in this game I hate starts fighting because I couldn't see a shadowed, gray blue character against a shadowed gray background
  • The cooldown animation for nades before you can start shooting again is boring slow.  It's like mechanic in this game was meant to slow you down and join the cult of T E A M S H O T
  • Why does the sniper feel like shit?  Is the zoom sens vs open sens ratio different from other installments in the series?  Mouse has the ability to set both separately, why not controller?  Also, is there actual latency on the shot?  It's like you have to lead, but not because the time it takes the bullet to travel, but the time it takes the bullet to leave the barrel.  It's so unsatisfying to use.
  • Show me percentage at the end of the game of time people used controller vs M+KB in the match.  For my own sake, I need to know.  Most people have been cool about saying they are.  I think I'm beginning to really be able to peg m+kb players.  1.  Their strafes look different, and 2.  They don't miss noscopes, despite Reach feeling like one of the least forgiving noscopes in the series (at least vs 3,4,5 and MCC CE).

That's it, enjoying it, can't wait for CE on PC 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Next person to unironically post stats or ask for someone's GT to check stats in order to validate their self worth gets a weeks ban.

What's your gt? Need to show how much better I am at moderating than you by 1v1ing on your least favorite FPS Halo 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Imagine not being able to compare stats on a competitive Halo forum. 

Almost like it's not the face of comp Halo, lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Hi, I've recently started playing Halo Reach, and was wondering why the sound seems off with a headset on? It sounds like they are behind me when there's clearly a wall behind me. Anyone know if I should change something?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Considering stats can be inflated to look better, meh. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

How long do you guys typically wait for a non-Reach ranked game in MCC? I try occasionally to get a match but 7+ minute queue times are too off putting. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It seems like people thought I was talking about specific people when I wasn’t. People statting in obj is nothing new. But it does beg the question, why on earth would someone think that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Hardway don't lie, you and I both know that you were talking about me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How does Halo 3 weapon spawns work nowadays? I am not asking because I need it in game, just curious.. 

Does it work like before, where the timer would start if you died with the weapon or stood still for 3 seconds? Or is it all set to static? Or some other way?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

6 minutes ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

How does Halo 3 weapon spawns work nowadays?

In default, the timer would start a few seconds after the pickup. In MLG/Hardcore, it's a static timer that can be altered by grabbing the weapon as it spawns in the air and moving with it until you stop moving, making that point the new static weapon time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

In default, the timer would start a few seconds after the pickup. In MLG/Hardcore, it's a static timer that can be altered by grabbing the weapon as it spawns in the air and moving with it until you stop moving, making that point the new static weapon time.

Are you sure? Because the only thing that ever worked like that was Camo/Overshield.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

9 minutes ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

Are you sure?

Very sure. I know Halo 2 had the dumb mechanic where the gun wouldn't start the respawn timer until it was empty and dropped. Halo 3 doesn't have that mechanic. Only other games that have the Halo 2 mechanic are H2A and certain weapons in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

31 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Very sure. I know Halo 2 had the dumb mechanic where the gun wouldn't start the respawn timer until it was empty and dropped. Halo 3 doesn't have that mechanic. Only other games that have the Halo 2 mechanic are H2A and certain weapons in Halo 5.

No, but Halo 3 original had the mechanic where the weapons timer would only start if you died with the weapon or stood still with it for 3 seconds. The overshield and camo timer would start once you picked them up. I don't know about Halo 3 MCC though, but maybe it does work like you say?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

18 minutes ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

No, but Halo 3 original had the mechanic where the weapons timer would only start if you died with the weapon or stood still with it for 3 seconds. The overshield and camo timer would start once you picked them up. I don't know about Halo 3 MCC though, but maybe it does work like you say?

in h3, mlg or vanilla, weps have to move then stay still for 2seconds(not sure the exact time) in order to go on their spawn timer. In mlg weps spawn in the air so they drop(hence move) and stay still before theyre picked up. 

you dont have to die, dying just stops the wep from moving. If u pick it up fast enough it wont go on respawn. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

13 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Wow what kind of a mod are you

Post your bans-per-page

13 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Okay what are you forum stats so I can see your post/ban PB ratio nerd.

6 hours ago, OG Nick said:

What's your gt? Need to show how much better I am at moderating than you by 1v1ing on your least favorite FPS Halo 

I have 2.0 post to post removal ratio. I have 148.0 warnings given to warning received ratio. 

I have matured past the need to react to every post that calls me ou- 

Shit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

22 hours ago, FLuFFy said:

Hi, I've recently started playing Halo Reach, and was wondering why the sound seems off with a headset on? It sounds like they are behind me when there's clearly a wall behind me. Anyone know if I should change something?

Afaik its just broken and was being worked on last I checked. They just released the game with fucked up sound good luck

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Every time I see a downvote that makes no sense, it’s Vyrst.

The dude regularly just downvotes entire pages and somehow still isn't banned.

Let’s be honest people we’ve all statted in obj especially ffa king

On 1/19/2020 at 1:37 PM, Hard Way said:

I went to Patch/Nistic’s house last night to to LAN H1 and watch the Conor McGregor fight. Teamed with Patch against Nistic and Wraith. I’ve never had to think so fast in my fucking life. What a fun night.

You'll do fookin nuttin

• Like (+1) 1