Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Arlong said:

See I agree with this, I would prefer this myself! Team duals would be an epic playlist. It be better overall. But in terms of BTB I’m not sure.

I cannot imagine it in BTB, somebody gets a tank and you get ARs? It would be brutal.

And my post is really reductionist, but I definitely think it would have an audience and I think there's nothing wrong with liking or preferring it. It's weird to me when people want just two DMRs though.

 

13 minutes ago, Basu said:

I honestly didn't hate team duals in H3 social slayer. It was something different, only showed up rarely and it was stupid enough to actually be fun. Same goes for team fiesta, shotgun ctf and team rockets.

AR starts is just a shitty version of proper Halo. There are still snipers and the rifles. It's balanced-ish but it's also handicapped garbage. Much like H5's "let's compromise on everything" approach it ends up pleasing pretty much no one.

Yeah I agree with you. It's one of those things where you just accept you're not the target demographic for the experience and just choose to enjoy it for what it is. It's fine and, at least generally, won't be ruined in the first twenty seconds by one team being better than the other. I feel the gametypes you describe all share that trait. Compared to AR starts with four DMRs on the map falls apart quickly.

You also mentioned how compromise hurt Halo 5. I wonder sometimes with Halo development if the hardest part is trying to appeal to every community through the years. At this point I feel 343 has to make like twelve different games all under one package and make switching between them not feel too alienating, which I feel is an almost impossible task.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

New playlist update is all around terrible. DMR/AR starts achieve the same goal for social and Ranked Slayer is always a bad idea.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Here's a crazy thought; what if autos were supposed to be bad at longer ranges? Almost like they're meant for shorter ranges or something. What if like, you could still make a balanced sandbox, but not give autos and melee weapons ADS? Wait nvm that wouldn't be fair since all weapons have to work in all scenarios otherwise what's even the point lmbo.

Agree overall, but some autos can have mid-range capability and utility. CE's plasma rifle was quite competent even at mid range. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Arlong said:

In halo 2 two guys spraying their SMGS will die to a guy using a BR, and tbh that’s quite unfair(in a cqc-medium ranged distance I’ll add). 

The SMG is a no-skill right trigger weapon. if that shit requires fuck all effort, it should have fuck all effect. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

I still believe that if you have AR starts and DMR secondary these people would be happy because they wouldn't notice.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I still believe that if you have AR starts and DMR secondary these people would be happy because they wouldn't notice.

These are the type of kids I’ll kill in their base, but then when they spawn they just aimlessly hold forward with almost no recollection I had just killed them right around the corner. I’m not sure why we listen to their opinions.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, darkstar said:

These are the type of kids I’ll kill in their base, but then when they spawn they just aimlessly hold forward with almost no recollection I had just killed them right around the corner. I’m not sure why we listen to their opinions.

Legit.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm wondering why this is such a hot topic when everyone here knows that default Reach sucks shit no matter what the starting weapon is.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I'm wondering why this is such a hot topic when everyone here knows that default Reach sucks shit no matter what the starting weapon is.

It's basically the difference between sucking shit and sucking fully automatic shit.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, darkstar said:

These are the type of kids I’ll kill in their base, but then when they spawn they just aimlessly hold forward with almost no recollection I had just killed them right around the corner. I’m not sure why we listen to their opinions.

they have money too guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

 

 

and there are a lot more of those idiots playing halo than us... for at least a couple weeks ya know. Then they go back to their main game haha dumbass 343 catering to the wrong crowd YET again... Vocal minority literally the best phrase as Reach's population is down into the single digit thousands

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Silos said:

In regards to AR starts, Halo for better or for worse has always appealed to like fifty different ways to play the game. Every game introduces ten new ways to play it and it gets harder and harder to appeal to each audience.

I imagine the people who want AR starts enjoy playing Halo by holding forward the entire time to move as fast as possible into a giant cluster of people around the middle of the map and holding triggers down, having a giant colorful explosion fest in the middle of the map. While it's not my ideal way to play Halo, it is a different experience that some people feel is the "correct way to play".

What I don't get, is why they don't want it taken one step further and just make every weapon on the map a spammy colorful weapon? No joke, remove all snipers, DMRs, beam rifles, etc. and only have things like fuel rod, AR, needler, plasma repeater, whatever. Basically make it team duals from Halo 2. I feel like that appeals to the demographic of "hold forward guns blazing" and it doesn't have the issue of a team getting the precision weapons and sitting back the whole time.

exactly.

 

the middle paragraph only happens when all 8 players are equally bad. as soon as you stick one semi competent person into the game, he's just going to farm them with map pickups of the dmr or sniper. People do want to just mindlessly bee-line to ar beatdowns, but it just won't ever happen, even with AR starts unless they remove every other weapon. If all 8 players are equally bad, they're going to all be using the AR even in DMR starts. 

There's not enough newbs like there was in 2004-2010 for that stuff to happen. you're always going to get 1 vet in the game. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, znot said:

they have money too guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

 

35 minutes ago, darkstar said:

These are the type of kids I’ll kill in their base, but then when they spawn they just aimlessly hold forward with almost no recollection I had just killed them right around the corner. I’m not sure why we listen to their opinions.

This is actually a great point. These people are the people that give money without thinking. You know Anthem, the total failure dung heap mess made $3.5m from the online store in the first month of release? I always ask myself "who the fuck are these people that bought loot crates and shit in a game that doesn't even work and is shit".

Then I play Reach and see someone running in a straight line over and over and over again, take 20 minutes to pick a weapon up from the ground and go 5 and 32 with tool of destruction frag grenade.

Then proceed to rejoin matchmaking and do it again.

These people make you rich.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

 

This is actually a great point. These people are the people that give money without thinking. You know Anthem, the total failure dung heap mess made $3.5m from the online store in the first month of release? I always ask myself "who the fuck are these people that bought loot crates and shit in a game that doesn't even work and is shit".

Then I play Reach and see someone running in a straight line over and over and over again, take 20 minutes to pick a weapon up from the ground and go 5 and 32 with tool of destruction frag grenade.

Then proceed to rejoin matchmaking and do it again.

These people make you rich.

keep talking like that and you'll get hired

Share this post


Link to post

It's not a secret the majority of consumers refuse to educate themselves. Many times it's intelligent people too! They just don't take the time to research

I am 100% guilty of buying Anthem without investing any time into watching a Twitch stream to see if it's my cup of tea first.

Definitely my least favorite decision in the past decade as far as game purchases.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Silos said:

In regards to AR starts, Halo for better or for worse has always appealed to like fifty different ways to play the game. Every game introduces ten new ways to play it and it gets harder and harder to appeal to each audience.

I imagine the people who want AR starts enjoy playing Halo by holding forward the entire time to move as fast as possible into a giant cluster of people around the middle of the map and holding triggers down, having a giant colorful explosion fest in the middle of the map. While it's not my ideal way to play Halo, it is a different experience that some people feel is the "correct way to play".

What I don't get, is why they don't want it taken one step further and just make every weapon on the map a spammy colorful weapon? No joke, remove all snipers, DMRs, beam rifles, etc. and only have things like fuel rod, AR, needler, plasma repeater, whatever. Basically make it team duals from Halo 2. I feel like that appeals to the demographic of "hold forward guns blazing" and it doesn't have the issue of a team getting the precision weapons and sitting back the whole time.

See, I don't think that's it. I think there is a large subsection of AR starts advocates that fancy themselves "The Sniper", and tend to sit back with precisions. They just don't want to be challenged by everyone on the map. Just a select few. These are the same people that climbed the towers on Rogue Transmission in Battlefield 4 and laid prone with a 40x on their bolt action sniper rifle all game, going 3-7 in a 30min game. They're melvins, and there's a lot of them.

Precision starts both exposes their weaknesses as a Halo player, and takes away what makes them feel special and different. That's why they hate it. Game balance has very little to do with it imo.

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Hully said:

It's basically the difference between sucking shit and sucking fully automatic shit.

This is my favorite post of 2020 so far.

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Precision starts both exposes their weaknesses as a Halo player, and takes away what makes them feel special and different. That's why they hate it. Game balance has very little to do with it imo.

So this is why Halo 3 was more popular than H1 and H2! 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

People want to pick a single on-map item(DMR, rockets, sniper, warthog, etc.) and get a free Frenzy against people who can't fight back. I've seen people go as far to say that Reach's sniper is useless because DMR users can fight back against it.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I still believe that if you have AR starts and DMR secondary these people would be happy because they wouldn't notice.

Pc gamers aren’t that stupid 

  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

People detest the play style DMRS bring. One guy I was arguing with said pinnacle is ruined by DMR starts since it’s teams standing far distance popping shots off at one another. He believes it would play better with pistol. Gosh I’m tired of bloom in social. Wish I could get a no bloom playlist in social.(outside of 1v1). 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

and go 5 and 32 with tool of destruction frag grenade.

holy shit, this sent me

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The issue here isn't really skill, it's the fact of the players being uninformed/uneducated. They believe/think that the DMR is op because the maps are shit, usually. They don't think in the mentality of someone being better, but in how it is "unfair" that they can't sprint around the map all the time. That an "Well actually a DMR shouldn't hurt the falcon because it as armor!" when it is entirely possible for a pilot to get shot in any sort of flying vehicle. Plus, space bullets. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I thought skill had nothing to do with opinions. Hmmmhmhmmmhhhhmeh.

Only applies to you

  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

The issue here isn't really skill, it's the fact of the players being uninformed/uneducated. They believe/think that the DMR is op because the maps are shit, usually. They don't think in the mentality of someone being better, but in how it is "unfair" that they can't sprint around the map all the time. That an "Well actually a DMR shouldn't hurt the falcon because it as armor!" when it is entirely possible for a pilot to get shot in any sort of flying vehicle. Plus, space bullets. 

I don’t think people are wrong for not wanting to get cross mapped, or vehicles being a little bit stronger. Although in my personal opinion I don’t think it’s too far fetched for a vehicle to be easily destroyed when the entire team is shooting bullets into it. Guess we will see how people’s opinions are persuaded during the h1-3 releases. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.