CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

19 hours ago, Sody91 said:

He got a killtac in h1. Who is this btw?.

He is a 343i engineer, working with MCC. And a prominent Halo modder, particularly Halo CE. He is thus close to the only hope we have of substantial fixes to H1 MCC.

• Like (+1) 3

I like how 90% of the people clamouring for AR starts in MM mostly play other games. It's almost like they don't care enough to learn the details of the game and will just leave it to play fucking OW the moment they realize that, despite all their demands satisfied, they don't like the game. 

Yeah 343, keep listening to some random guy who picked up Halo 4 campaign on normal as his first Halo game for input on how "Halo is meant to play". Lol

The "Halo is designed around weapon pickups and variety" shit is so headache-inducingly cringe. Yeah bro, because Halo CE, 2, and 3 really emphasized running around blindly with the AR/SMG. Yeah, Halo 2's sandbox has really healthy weapon variety when the one dino in the lobby dual wielding needlers goes 3-12 JFL. Convinced that it's from new PC kids who maybe played some coop campaign back in 2011 and are now under some false delusion that Halo has healthy weapon variety. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

9 hours ago, OG Nick said:

They defended H2 SMG starts, so I doubt it. 

Really? Was a big thread? You know this is why I’m still convinced h4 had a great weapon balance in terms of AR vs precision weapons. The Auto was strong but not stronger than the precision tools.

3 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I like how 90% of the people clamouring for AR starts in MM mostly play other games. It's almost like they don't care enough to learn the details of the game and will just leave it to play fucking OW the moment they realize that, despite all their demands satisfied, they don't like the game. 

Yeah 343, keep listening to some random guy who picked up Halo 4 campaign on normal as his first Halo game for input on how "Halo is meant to play". Lol

The "Halo is designed around weapon pickups and variety" shit is so headache-inducingly cringe. Yeah bro, because Halo CE, 2, and 3 really emphasized running around blindly with the AR/SMG. Yeah, Halo 2's sandbox has really healthy weapon variety when the one dino in the lobby dual wielding needlers goes 3-12 JFL. Convinced that it's from new PC kids who maybe played some coop campaign back in 2011 and are now under some false delusion that Halo has healthy weapon variety. 

Yeah, halos weapon variety always has been shit. Technically h5 has done this the best in terms of everything being useful, but everything was too strong for its worth. I hope 343 strikes a proper balance in halo infinite.

55 minutes ago, Arlong said:

halos weapon variety always has been shit

What roles do you think weapons could be filling but currently are not?

It's 2020 and people are clamoring for AR starts. Time is a flat circle. 

• Like (+1) 4

How are maps weighted in the Reach Hardcore playlist? It seems like I get that boring Sanctuary remake 3 times more than any other map.

30 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What roles do you think weapons could be filling but currently are not?

I don’t niche roles are the best idea. I like what what’s his face  has done with gold pro which, but I wonder how the masses would enjoy it. I think personally we just need a sandbox like OG h5, with some sleight nerfs, like range, AA, little more bloom on autos, etc. 

don’t get me wrong, gold pros sandbox is great, but it’s a little much. 

I think everything should be strong. That includes no skill autos. Obviously I believe precision weapons should be more powerful because they take more skill to use, but I don’t want to make a casual feel like they’re weak as shit or wrong for using an inferior weapon, because in some way there shouldn’t be an inferior weapon in the degree halo usually has it. In halo 2 two guys spraying their SMGS will die to a guy using a BR, and tbh that’s quite unfair(in a cqc-medium ranged distance I’ll add). 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Do you think all weapons should aim down sights or do you think there should be weapons with scopes and weapons without scopes?

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Do you think all weapons should aim down sights or do you think there should be weapons with scopes and weapons without scopes?

Given that a scope obstructs the peripheral aim of the user, I don't see a need for there to be a scope on any weapon except sniper rifles.

29 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Depends, is it needed? I personally dislike ADS in halo, but I can see good reason to keep it. Classic zoom overall is smoother and better in my eyes as it’s instant and ADS isn’t. I think for balance reasons giving everything a scope ability makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Given that a scope obstructs the peripheral aim of the user, I don't see a need for there to be a scope on any weapon except sniper rifles.

If the weapon model obstructing unscoped vision is your concern, couldn’t the scope be mounted under the barrel?  Aren’t Spartans interfacing with these scopes via their HUD anyway, not by pressing them up to their eye.  Where is the H1 Magnum’s scope located?

58 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I personally dislike ADS in halo, but I can see good reason to keep it.

What good reason?  

59 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I think for balance reasons giving everything a scope ability makes sense. 

What balance reasons?  

A short zoom in the precision weapon seems totally fine to me. Makes it better at challenging the sniper.

12 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What good reason?  

What balance reasons?  

The balance is simply to give every gun a chance at range(depending what’s the guns range can depend on that. Like medium distance.) 

ADS could be a thing people enjoy. I think a preference on what zoom one can choose is preferable because after all according to 343 the ADS and OG ZOOM are one of the same, same input times etc. 

Here's a crazy thought; what if autos were supposed to be bad at longer ranges? Almost like they're meant for shorter ranges or something. What if like, you could still make a balanced sandbox, but not give autos and melee weapons ADS? Wait nvm that wouldn't be fair since all weapons have to work in all scenarios otherwise what's even the point lmbo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

38 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Here's a crazy thought; what if autos were supposed to be bad at longer ranges? Almost like they're meant for shorter ranges or something. What if like, you could still make a balanced sandbox, but not give autos and melee weapons ADS? Wait nvm that wouldn't be fair since all weapons have to work in all scenarios otherwise what's even the point lmbo.

I mean an auto working at mid range somewhat isn’t bad. No where did I say long range. 
And also I wasn’t even talking about that, I’m simply saying every gun should be effective/strong. Niche weapons aren’t a good thing(least not a lot of them) if they’re only useful for niche scenarios.

people simply desire a sandbox where it doesn’t feel like they’re wrong for using an AR, and they’re not wrong for that. 

53 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

A short zoom in the precision weapon seems totally fine to me. Makes it better at challenging the sniper.

I find something satisfying about the clean, unobstructed view classic scope provides.  

Speaking of unobstructed view, can we put the shield bar back in the lower left corner instead of the right in the middle of the screen?  

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

If the weapon model obstructing unscoped vision is your concern, couldn’t the scope be mounted under the barrel?  Aren’t Spartans interfacing with these scopes via their HUD anyway, not by pressing them up to their eye.  Where is the H1 Magnum’s scope located?

Is this subject being discussed under the presumption that ADS is always 1x zoom?

53 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Is this subject being discussed under the presumption that ADS is always 1x zoom?

ADS doesn’t have to exist at all.  All I’m saying is the sniper rifle doesn’t need a giant scope on top of its weapon model to have zoom capabilities.  Put the scope underneath the barrel and activate it remotely with the HUD.  You get the right half of your screen back and can still scope.  

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

ADS doesn’t have to exist at all.  All I’m saying is the sniper rifle doesn’t need a giant scope on top of its weapon model to have zoom capabilities.  Put the scope underneath the barrel and activate it remotely with the HUD.  You get the right half of your screen back and can still scope.  

Oh, so you're doing this for sake of decreasing the room that guns take up on the screen?

13 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Put the scope underneath the barrel and activate it remotely with the HUD.  You get the right half of your screen back and can still scope.  

This is giving me flashbacks.

HiWKvqC.jpg

• WutFace (+0) 1

In regards to AR starts, Halo for better or for worse has always appealed to like fifty different ways to play the game. Every game introduces ten new ways to play it and it gets harder and harder to appeal to each audience.

I imagine the people who want AR starts enjoy playing Halo by holding forward the entire time to move as fast as possible into a giant cluster of people around the middle of the map and holding triggers down, having a giant colorful explosion fest in the middle of the map. While it's not my ideal way to play Halo, it is a different experience that some people feel is the "correct way to play".

What I don't get, is why they don't want it taken one step further and just make every weapon on the map a spammy colorful weapon? No joke, remove all snipers, DMRs, beam rifles, etc. and only have things like fuel rod, AR, needler, plasma repeater, whatever. Basically make it team duals from Halo 2. I feel like that appeals to the demographic of "hold forward guns blazing" and it doesn't have the issue of a team getting the precision weapons and sitting back the whole time.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Silos said:

In regards to AR starts, Halo for better or for worse has always appealed to like fifty different ways to play the game. Every game introduces ten new ways to play it and it gets harder and harder to appeal to each audience.

I imagine the people who want AR starts enjoy playing Halo by holding forward the entire time to move as fast as possible into a giant cluster of people around the middle of the map and holding triggers down, having a giant colorful explosion fest in the middle of the map. While it's not my ideal way to play Halo, it is a different experience that some people feel is the "correct way to play".

What I don't get, is why they don't want it taken one step further and just make every weapon on the map a spammy colorful weapon? No joke, remove all snipers, DMRs, beam rifles, etc. and only have things like fuel rod, AR, needler, plasma repeater, whatever. Basically make it team duals from Halo 2. I feel like that appeals to the demographic of "hold forward guns blazing" and it doesn't have the issue of a team getting the precision weapons and sitting back the whole time.

See I agree with this, I would prefer this myself! Team duals would be an epic playlist. It be better overall. But in terms of BTB I’m not sure.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Silos said:

I honestly didn't hate team duals in H3 social slayer. It was something different, only showed up rarely and it was stupid enough to actually be fun. Same goes for team fiesta, shotgun ctf and team rockets.

AR starts is just a shitty version of proper Halo. There are still snipers and the rifles. It's balanced-ish but it's also handicapped garbage. Much like H5's "let's compromise on everything" approach it ends up pleasing pretty much no one.

• Like (+1) 4