CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

38 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I want a grenade type that can pay off my student debt.

JUST HARD WORK MATE. SWEAT OFF YOUR BACK. 

48 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

JUST HARD WORK MATE. SWEAT OFF YOUR BACK. 

Don't tell me what to do.

• Simms (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Weapon launching is only in a few games. One of which is the original, the second of which only had pad launching, not to deincentivize it, but it isn't exactly a priority and it isn't being used commonly even when the tactic is laid out in figurative "black and white". We could last without it. 

Permanent sprint has only been in two games, and it doesn't seem to be a priority since it isn't even used in the majority of the game. We could last without it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Oby said:

:intel:

He got a killtac in h1. Who is this btw?.

29 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

Looks like Kornman  A prominent Halo modder who I believe worked for 343 at some point.  

4 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Y'all aren't ready for this video I'm about to drop

"... ... ...WHAT UP FUCCBOIS-"

• Fire (+1) 1

Solid update from 343. 

Dmr starts were just TOO common. You now will have AR starts at 75% weight, instead of DMRs at 75% weight for 4v4. 

Fucking DMRs being a ranked playlist by themselves, aside from hardcore. What a joke lol

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-playlist-update---1-15-20/6b42df11-9cb8-4642-8645-2aab0c161bb0/posts?page=1

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sody91 said:

The only game dev on mcc. 

• Like (+1) 2

Say there was a piece of equipment that could activate a scripted event on the map.  On Lockout, it could spawn in green room.  The player who picks it up can temporarily disable the top mid glass and enable a jumppad beneath it, giving the team spawning bottom lift a new route from bottom mid to S3 or BR3.  

Every update they have pushed for Reach so far has been for the worse. The fact they are even listening to the absolute clowns who think AR starts in BTB will work shows that this franchise is FUCKED and all but confirms that Infinite will be more of the same bullshit. Also hey they're finally adding the Anniversary settings but it will rotational for one week only and is getting delayed so AR start BTB can be added to the rotation first. Lol.

Meanwhile the game still has dogshit optimization, audio is fucked, mouse input isn't where it should be, no word on updating the hardcore settings, no word on the promised "mod support", not even an announcement of an announcement when forge and theater are coming to PC. WE STILL CAN'T UPLOAD TO OUR FILE SHARES ON PC and there is a limit of 50 local maps and gametypes across all of MCC.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, IIVmuirepml said:

Solid update from 343. 

Dmr starts were just TOO common. You now will have AR starts at 75% weight, instead of DMRs at 75% weight for 4v4. 

Fucking DMRs being a ranked playlist by themselves, aside from hardcore. What a joke lol

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-playlist-update---1-15-20/6b42df11-9cb8-4642-8645-2aab0c161bb0/posts?page=1

It’s actually a step in the right direction so the population doesn’t die and pc people are pissed at DMR starts 

12 minutes ago, Basu said:

Every update they have pushed for Reach so far has been for the worse. The fact they are even listening to the absolute clowns who think AR starts in BTB will work shows that this franchise is FUCKED and all but confirms that Infinite will be more of the same bullshit. Also hey they're finally adding the Anniversary settings but it will rotational for one week only is is getting delayed so AR start BTB can be added to the rotation first. Lol.

Meanwhile the game still has dogshit optimization, audio is fucked, mouse input isn't where it should be, no word on updating the hardcore settings, no word on the promised "mod support", not even an announcement of an announcement when forge and theater are coming to PC. WE STILL CAN'T UPLOAD TO OUR FILE SHARES ON PC and there is a limit of 50 local maps and gametypes across all of MCC.

Sounds like 343 to me, now rush out the other ports until infinite is launching in a half assed state.

With all the brainlets that buy anything with "HALO" printed on it it's probably the right thing to do, who needs quality if you have hype?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Basu said:

Every update they have pushed for Reach so far has been for the worse. The fact they are even listening to the absolute clowns who think AR starts in BTB will work shows that this franchise is FUCKED and all but confirms that Infinite will be more of the same bullshit. Also hey they're finally adding the Anniversary settings but it will rotational for one week only and is getting delayed so AR start BTB can be added to the rotation first. Lol.

You do know there’s several groups of players, and it’s just social dude. You act like you’ve been cheated or something.

7 minutes ago, Arlong said:

You do know there’s several groups of players, and it’s just social dude. You act like you’ve been cheated or something.

"It's just social" shouldn't mean the settings have to be shit. These "groups of players" are going to quit in a few weeks when they get slapped by Banshees and ranged weapons all day.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Basu said:

I don't think they ever "promised" mod support, just that they would look the other way as long as they're kept out of matchmaking.

2 minutes ago, Sitri said:

I don't think they ever "promised" mod support, just that they would look the other way as long as they're kept out of matchmaking.

Everyone keep this fact in your hearts.

Because if you never see the mod community take off with MCC, know that 343 balked fucking hard on the one thing that was actually a lasting draw.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sitri said:

"Hi! We’re still working to improve this down the road, but for now you will have an option when you launch to bypass anticheat. This will allow you to play around with campaign and customs but not allow you to play any match made games." said employee 343_farn.

"We are working closely with the members of the modding community (including some friends on the ElDewrito team) to explore our options for 'official' mod support, but we won't have this at launch. Our #1 priority for launch is ensuring we get each of these core games 'right' for PC and security/anti-cheat is a big focus. As we've stated, this entire offering will grow and evolve over time."

source

Typical 343 non-statements, but they definitely said more stuff (beyond launching without anticheat) was supposed to happen post-launch.

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Everyone keep this fact in your hearts.

Because if you never see the mod community take off with MCC, know that 343 balked fucking hard on the one thing that was actually a lasting draw.

We'll never see a mod community take off because people are more interested in porting Scarabs to Forge World than they are making anything substantial.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

343 decided to make social 75% AR starts for Reach because they are dumb  smart

9 hours ago, JordanB said:

Permanent sprint has only been in two games, and it doesn't seem to be a priority since it isn't even used in the majority of the game. We could last without it.

Not an apt comparison. Rather than imitating me, argue the point with proper context. Given my point isn't just on how much we use it, but what other downsides we keep if we keep nades for weapon nading.

Well I guess I'm never going to play social 4v4s anymore. And I swear if they really make BTB AR starts... I just won't know what to say, that would completely ruin the game mode.

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Shit settings are a disservice to everyone, including those idiots arguing in favor of AR starts. 

1 hour ago, TI Inspire said:

Well I guess I'm never going to play social 4v4s anymore. And I swear if they really make BTB AR starts... I just won't know what to say, that would completely ruin the game mode.

2020 and we still have people living in fucking fantasy land and think AR starts actually work lmfao.

• Like (+1) 1