CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

18 hours ago, Shekkles said:

When they've figured out how to port Xbox to PC to Xbox back to PC.

I just dont understand how they dont get that we dont want the Gearbox/Vista versions of these games.  It's going on 6 years now...

3 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

I just dont understand how they dont get that we dont want the Gearbox/Vista versions of these games.  It's going on 6 years now...

hey guy good luck digging up the og code and getting that to run flawless. these ports are the best they have. they can be fixed...

would you rather start from scratch or take over a project that's already mostly done? all that's left is to fix the rough edges....

They showed a pic of h2a and CE on pc at 120fps or 110 fps. Granted it was a pic, who knows if it's functional, but that's already better than h2v... 

screenshot-(8)-824339841ff64fb483d8fd337

screenshot-(5)-791e25ffab37487b9aa1d1399

4 minutes ago, znot said:

They showed a pic of h2a and CE on pc at 120fps or 110 fps.

I am glad their screenshots have a stable framerate, knowing them this is a step into the right direction.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 2

1 hour ago, znot said:

They showed a pic of h2a and CE on pc at 120fps or 110 fps. Granted it was a pic, who knows if it's functional, but that's already better than h2v...

Are we talking base h2v or Project Cartographer because H2 MCC is worse than Cartographer imo

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Are we talking base h2v or Project Cartographer because H2 MCC is worse than Cartographer imo

Not "imo", it's pretty much objectively worse in any way.

• Like (+1) 3

I can only accept Ar/pistol starts for BTB if they made the pistol ZB or the CE pistol 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Basu said:

Not "imo", it's pretty much objectively worse in any way.

Nah. 343i fixed the aiming on H2V. Cartog's still blew absolute dick when I jumped on it. Might be one thing, but it's a big thing.

11 hours ago, Arlong said:

I can only accept Ar/pistol starts for BTB if they made the pistol ZB or the CE pistol 

The Reach pistol would be legit af if it had Halo 5's reticule and bloom. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

The Reach pistol would be legit af if it had Halo 5's reticule and bloom. 

They easily could nerf the rate of fire, and now it’s balanced. No bloom Ar/pistol would work greatly in reach, especially for BTB. Btb kids would stop whining about getting cross mapped constantly(it’s a valid complaint but still) there’d be far more movement. Overall things like this would benefit the game. 

343 is definitely in a pickle here when it comes to satisfying pc players right now.

here are the biggest complaints mentioned across forums, Twitter etc. and no this isn’t one of those things where most people are playing Than complaining thing.

1. DMR starts, the weapon is too OP for what it’s worth, and people greatly hate the play styles it creates, and it’s all because of if it’s range, and it being hitscan is worse. And on mouse and key cross mapping is very easy.

2. Controller aim assist, it’s just too strong? It’s unfair etc. it shows a lack of care the game was given when being made for pc, and pc gamers aren’t happy. 343 talks how an AA nerf could kill the chances at cross play in the future, but the simple solution would be To Nerf the AA on console as well. 

3. Maps. Currently the map choosing system is garbage, as no matter how much weighting they do, most of us get the most hated maps in the game(penance, creak, solitary, Noon, condemned) and people seriously want a map voting system. Oh you don’t want map voting because people pick the same thing? That tells me that people pick what’s “good” and only the minority bitch that they don’t get something they dislike. Heck’s with the match composer we have, map voting would be completely fine. A good idea for map voting would be to give two options, and none of the above. Taking away the players choice of maps in a game with a high map pool, is ridiculous, especially in SOCIAL! 

the current Solution would be to just use AR/pistol starts zero bloom. 

36 minutes ago, Arlong said:

They easily could nerf the rate of fire, and now it’s balanced. No bloom Ar/pistol would work greatly in reach, especially for BTB. Btb kids would stop whining about getting cross mapped constantly(it’s a valid complaint but still) there’d be far more movement. Overall things like this would benefit the game. 

343 is definitely in a pickle here when it comes to satisfying pc players right now.

here are the biggest complaints mentioned across forums, Twitter etc. and no this isn’t one of those things where most people are playing Than complaining thing.

1. DMR starts, the weapon is too OP for what it’s worth, and people greatly hate the play styles it creates, and it’s all because of if it’s range, and it being hitscan is worse. And on mouse and key cross mapping is very easy.

2. Controller aim assist, it’s just too strong? It’s unfair etc. it shows a lack of care the game was given when being made for pc, and pc gamers aren’t happy. 343 talks how an AA nerf could kill the chances at cross play in the future, but the simple solution would be To Nerf the AA on console as well. 

3. Maps. Currently the map choosing system is garbage, as no matter how much weighting they do, most of us get the most hated maps in the game(penance, creak, solitary, Noon, condemned) and people seriously want a map voting system. Oh you don’t want map voting because people pick the same thing? That tells me that people pick what’s “good” and only the minority bitch that they don’t get something they dislike. Heck’s with the match composer we have, map voting would be completely fine. A good idea for map voting would be to give two options, and none of the above. Taking away the players choice of maps in a game with a high map pool, is ridiculous, especially in SOCIAL! 

the current Solution would be to just use AR/pistol starts zero bloom. 

I really want an AA nerf for reach/dmr. It being hitscan it has no business being so strong in the first place- more annoyingly it makes very hard to outshoot someone when down shots- due to fire rate and the clip size but mostly the aa. 

As long as they don't remove the comical amount of spread the pistol has it's a no go. Even the ZB pistol is a total lottery cannon, makes the H3 BR seem reliable in contrast.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Basu said:

As long as they don't remove the comical amount of spread the pistol has it's a no go. Even the ZB pistol is a total lottery cannon, makes the H3 BR seem reliable in contrast.

Dude it’s still fucking good. It would still work a hell of a lot better than the pistol with 85% bloom. 

Just now, Boyo said:

Discussing how to fix reach?

source.gif

1. Stfu jackass lmao, hahaha. 
2. Reach is relevant right now and improvements are a must.

3. Gosh if only people didn’t care about spawning with covenant weapons we could have NR starts. It’s 2X scope, it’s got ZB(basically it’s zero bloom even on TU) and it doesn’t do shit to vehicles so these btb scrubs can stop bitching. 

But because that is the case(covenant hate) we need a solution, and zero bloom Ar/pistol is the best one so far. This doesn’t require a TU, other weapons will be used more, you’re not weak as shit off spawn. 

side note: this is why halo needs some form of recoil or something to make cross mapping difficult. Projectile shooting is an obvious one, but let’s take into account 343 has a hard on for hitscan guns. 

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

2. Reach is relevant right now and improvements are a must.

tenor.gif

think of what you guys are asking though. 343's not going to go back and redevelop reach to make it better. they have 5 more games to release...

AND on top of that they had a fucking list of "not actively working on a fix" bugs.... Hell don't get me wrong, I want them to fix the reload cancel bloom, or flag drop bloom. But it probably wont...

They wouldn't even add descope back to h4 when that was "relevant and improvements were a must"

3 hours ago, Sody91 said:

I really want an AA nerf for reach/dmr. It being hitscan it has no business being so strong in the first place- more annoyingly it makes very hard to outshoot someone when down shots- due to fire rate and the clip size but mostly the aa. 

Hahaha the amount of times me or the enemy has been up shots but ends up losing because of exactly that. Once you're unscoped across the map, good luck getting that scoped crosshair back on them. Especially on a high sens!

54 minutes ago, znot said:

tenor.gif

think of what you guys are asking though. 343's not going to go back and redevelop reach to make it better. they have 5 more games to release...

AND on top of that they had a fucking list of "not actively working on a fix" bugs.... Hell don't get me wrong, I want them to fix the reload cancel bloom, or flag drop bloom. But it probably wont...

They wouldn't even add descope back to h4 when that was "relevant and improvements were a must"

Hahaha the amount of times me or the enemy has been up shots but ends up losing because of exactly that. Once you're unscoped across the map, good luck getting that scoped crosshair back on them. Especially on a high sens!

It does go both ways but I think it's fair to say first shot advantage is stronger in reach than say h3.

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

side note: this is why halo needs some form of recoil or something to make cross mapping difficult. Projectile shooting is an obvious one, but let’s take into account 343 has a hard on for hitscan guns. 

We've seen recoil in games like Halo 5 with the BR and it blows cock, even if it resets without tugging your view down. And making your weapon inconsistent through projectile doesn't help anyone.

Literally just tweak your RRR ranges and begin designing maps so that the delta between scoped and unscoped isn't insane. So rather than having a game where being descoped is prevalent, and first shot is insanely advantageous, you could fight back within your unscoped reticle. Halo 5's pistol had a great delta. Pretty sure it was around 1.5x, and even Halo 3's BR was good for it. The engagements where you're scoped in on someone are ranges where you could realistically white reticle descope someone who gets first shot on you. And the farthest scoped in range wasn't that far out from the farthest RRR range out of it. So you're rarely dying because of it. And engagements flow more naturally. Even if your gun is garbage, you're not being outranged, lol.

We don't need gimmicky crap like recoil and projectile for it. You just need proper map segmentation while ensuring scopes aren't insanely reliable to an unscoped gun. Especially in a console game. 

5 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Or just don't have zoom on the utility weapon.

Like that'll ever happen, lol. Ideals are fun, but unlikely.

If I gave up on Halo implementing common sense solutions, I'd have moved on from Halo on...November 10th, 2004.

I'm not saying I'm not insane. I'm just saying.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Or just don't have zoom on the utility weapon.

Without scope and descope, gun battles would be fairly one dimensional with only strafing.  

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

9 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Without scope and descope, gun battles would be fairly one dimensional with only strafing.  

I mean...scoping is so you can shoot farther. That's the only dimension it adds.

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

We've seen recoil in games like Halo 5 with the BR and it blows cock, even if it resets without tugging your view down. And making your weapon inconsistent through projectile doesn't help anyone.

Literally just tweak your RRR ranges and begin designing maps so that the delta between scoped and unscoped isn't insane. So rather than having a game where being descoped is prevalent, and first shot is insanely advantageous, you could fight back within your unscoped reticle. Halo 5's pistol had a great delta. Pretty sure it was around 1.5x, and even Halo 3's BR was good for it. The engagements where you're scoped in on someone are ranges where you could realistically white reticle descope someone who gets first shot on you. And the farthest scoped in range wasn't that far out from the farthest RRR range out of it. So you're rarely dying because of it. And engagements flow more naturally. Even if your gun is garbage, you're not being outranged, lol.

We don't need gimmicky crap like recoil and projectile for it. You just need proper map segmentation while ensuring scopes aren't insanely reliable to an unscoped gun. Especially in a console game. 

Can you stop using the words inconsistent and consistent wrong 

Imagine not having to design the main precision weapon used in competitive play around garbage maps with needlessly long sightlines.

Bungie devs while developing Halo 3: “Hey look, I made this super sick map with tons of open areas for our sick sandbox. But during playtesting I’m scared of getting melted from across the map by that laser beam BR.”

Dev 2: “No problem m8, how about  I just increase the random spread so you can only ping snipers with 1 out of every 3 bullets, we’ll have your map working right in no time”

:halo: